EOSHD

Welcome to the EOSHD forum. The knowledge-base for all mirrorless, DSLR and pro video cameras.

Subforums

1. ANAMORPHIC

The largest online community devoted to anamorphic filmmaking.
    Discuss lenses, adapters, workflows and post lenses for sale

Raw shooting cameras - URSA Mini 4.6K, BMCC, BMPCC and more

Screening room and the creative side of filmmaking - share your ideas / stories

Discuss the NX1 hack and more. Share your mods. Share your tests.

Post classified ads for your camera gear and filmmaking related kit!

6,494 topics in this forum

• 33 replies
    • 54 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 20 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 34 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 28 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 67 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 51 replies
    • 46 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 45 replies
The EOSHD Panasonic GH4 Shooter's Guide
The EOSHD Samsung NX1 Setup Guide
The EOSHD Sony A7R II Setup Guide and LUT Pack
The EOSHD Anamorphic Shooter's Guide - Second Edition
The EOSHD 5D Mark III Raw Shooter's Guide
The EOSHD Sony A7 Series Guide to Full Frame Lenses

• Popular Contributors

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    John Parker

• Panasonic G7 or GH4 as "A Cam"? (And other questions)
      Yeah I guess. Andy has the most hands-on experience with the G7, under various lighting and shooting conditions. So, I guess, it's good for everyone to learn.

My saying that was merely like soliloquy. And, I agree with that bit about recording sound in the field instead of ADR (lapel mics on the talent's chest, inside clothing could be a great idea). You can still get reasonably good sound (though a little cleaning might be required to prevent it sounding like a documentary, due to some background noise the mic with pickup). 
    • Panasonic G7 or GH4 as "A Cam"? (And other questions)
      I wrote here, since it is something that could be helpful for 99.9% of the people here: "Dear Andy" is because I think he's the best one to talk about Panasonic cameras and all the users should be happy to read what he has to say about.  
      I work with those cameras and I have some great results, but I mostly shot music videos. He use them for features, where the look is less stilized then in a 3 minutes music video.

Maybe his experience and his answers are something everyone could benefit. 

But of course, it is my opinion. And of course, everyone has other answers is more then welcome. No "private chat" here, just the right recognition of authority to the people that boost my way of working. 

Remember that if it not was for him and Andrew I (and all the EOSHD users) would still shot videos with Canon 7D, complaining that Canon should give us a better codec, 4K, slow motion...
    • Found a single focusing lens
      Lens looks gorgious. Looks like an adjustable stretch with those markings.
    • The infamous Imperial SLR magic rangefinder Ebrahim Saadawi deluxe edition
      I thought about this. Ebrahim bragged about being involved in de development of the rangefinder and having samples sent to them. I know for a fact SLR magic has these testing programs. Essentially you sign up for a small discount and get the product sent early to you. I see it as more of an SLR sales technique than actually being envolved in the development. So my guess is that Ebrahim applied for that and then poured a bit of catfish sauce over the story.
    • Canon XC10 versus Sony RX10 III. The Canon is underrated!
      Of course working at color grading is a great idea. I've spent years at it now. But getting a good LUT for particular footage and then grading it can give you great results, save a lot of time, and help you get stylistic uniformity to your footage. These Canon C300 MK II LUTS (there's a bunch of them)--the C-LOG LUTS for the C300 MK II work very well. Try to use WDR luts because they give you better dynamic range. Rec. 709 LUTS will clip and the highlight will washout--especially clouds and even the skies will turn white. Use WDR Canon Mk II LUTS you and you'll get better results in the highlights. I think this is pretty good advice. But, keep in mind, I just an amateur. PS I'm in the process of posting another tweety bird video (only 4 minutes)--but uploaded in 4k, so the quality, once they fully upload it, should be much better than the first bird video, which I could only upload in 720p because of the slo-mo footage.  
  • Topics