Sigma FP

JurijTurnsek

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members

Man alive that is compact for full frame.

Bildschirmfoto-2019-07-11-um-09_40_26.png.5d02d2e2c0fd8a372dc08a673f920614.pngBildschirmfoto-2019-07-11-um-09_40_17.png.850e2fbb556aa27443a0d7ba466be8d3.png

And as for this

D_LdEgGUYAErrQL.thumb.jpeg.94250915117297f9af99be164dc11e6f.jpeg

And it seems they've got a new heat sink system as well 

D_LdjAAUYAASeXk.thumb.jpeg.e9983347778b13e35135c26227194714.jpeg

Looks like Sigma weren't just there to make up the numbers when it came to making cameras in the L mount alliance !

Seriously impressive.

5 minutes ago, JurijTurnsek said:

Also, Sigma plans to release their trio of APS-C lenses as L-Mount next year? https://***URL removed***/news/8499432688/sigma-updates-l-mount-lens-roadmap-through-2020

The plot thickens.

There are a lot of Leica T/TL/CL owners awaiting those three lenses with open wallets.

Leica will no doubt be currently finding ways to stop them being compatible ;)

• Super Members
4 minutes ago, mercer said:

Yeah, wow!!! Any word on price?

Not as yet.

If I was to speculate, then as it doesn't have an EVF and is modular so the grip is extra etc then the base unit will have to be well below an existing FF mirrorless like an S1 that has those things to appeal to consumers?

I'm going to be bold and say £1299 ;)

I wish it had an EVF add on option like the Leica T/TL though.

But even as it stands, this is as close as it gets to a full frame original BMPCC. 

4 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

I wish it had an EVF add on option like the Leica T/TL though.

I thought the same. But you can always use a screen loupe like shown in their concept video.

I'm very intrigued. I want this. Now! Take.My.Money.

39 minutes ago, JurijTurnsek said:

Also, Sigma plans to release their trio of APS-C lenses as L-Mount next year? https://***URL removed***/news/8499432688/sigma-updates-l-mount-lens-roadmap-through-2020

The plot thickens.

So, could it indicate that an apsc L-mount will be release ? Sigma foveon... or panasonic ?

9 minutes ago, Phil A said:

I thought the same. But you can always use a screen loupe like shown in their concept video.

I'm very intrigued. I want this. Now! Take.My.Money.

Is it just me or the video really emphasize on the video side (with the rig) ?

9 minutes ago, Geoff_L said:

Is it just me or the video really emphasize on the video side (with the rig) ?

Yes, it was shown quite a bit and the fact that it doesn't have a mechanical shutter means it's probably not so great for some types of photography.

Now that I stopped hyperventilating, I'm curious what sensor it uses.
How fast will the read out be? How much rolling shutter? How good the auto focus?

Here some more sources for information:

https://***URL not allowed***/sigma-fp-full-frame-pocketsized-camera-dedicated-cine-mode/

https://www.newsshooter.com/2019/07/11/sigma-fp-a-pocketable-full-frame-cine-stills-hybrid/

I hope Sigma will release more information soon.

4 minutes ago, ntblowz said:

Man might ditch other camera and go for L mount exclusively, 4K raw in such tiny body! Paired with the 45 2.8 this is pretty compact, lighter than a7iii body by itself

Oh sh*t, did not see the (BIG AND UNMISSABLE) CDN thing...
I was thinking about go the S1 route for photo/video uses and later add a bmpcc4k... but S1 + this one, sharing the same mount : quite tempting !

3 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Only two things on my to do list.

1. Pre-order this

2. Prepare for all the negativity spawned by hype and then disappointment when people realize that all Sigmas so far, lovely as they are, are iso100 cameras.

Mattias, I was waiting for you to come quickly, thinking you would be the most excited !!

• Super Members
27 minutes ago, Phil A said:

I have that particular loupe as it was bundled with my Sigma DP0. Its very good to be fair but a bit bulky and not cheap on its own ;)

5 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

2. Prepare for all the negativity spawned by hype and then disappointment when people realize that all Sigmas so far, lovely as they are, are iso100 cameras.

The Foveon ones are certainly but this a Bayer so should be a different kettle of fish.

Kind of disappointed they didn't reveal more about the new Foveon FF one.

• Super Members
34 minutes ago, UncleBobsPhotography said:

This looks amazing on paper, but I would imagine it really needs some kind of external power to be usable for video.

Battery life has never been Sigma's strong point with their other cameras but the Foveon processing was a big drain so this should be different.

However, having to play the video at 0.25x on YouTube to get these ( :) ) but it does look like it can be USB powered which makes things a bit easier.

1698093916_ScreenShot2019-07-11at11_27_12.thumb.png.029df2ca6505921775389fee15262f42.png

And talking of USB.......

Unless that 2TB drive is there for show then it appears it might well record directly out of it as well.

2013798162_ScreenShot2019-07-11at11_25_34.thumb.png.672feb8c4b13ebb538e3257df026d9e4.png

13 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

Battery life has never been Sigma's strong point with their other cameras but the Foveon processing was a big drain so this should be different.

However, having to play the video at 0.25x on YouTube to get these ( :) ) but it does look like it can be USB powered which makes things a bit easier.

And talking of USB.......

Unless that 2TB drive is there for show then it appears it might well record directly out of it as well.

I read somewhere that powering via USB is not possible, you can only charge via USB when the FP is turned off. But it's obvious there will be dummy batteries available. I like that Sigma say they are communicating the information about the camera to 3rd parties to make accessories, etc.
Recording via USB3 was mentioned too and the video shows it. Would be not too impractical to directly photograph to a Samsung T5 if the camera allows setting specific target folders, that way you can skip SD card handling.

This has the potential to be the spiritual successor to the BMMCC if the price is right, might sell a lot more numbers than the Z-Cam E2.

Dng are only on external recording, and no 60fps.

Once you buy and attach an external recorder it s not that small or (probably) cheap anymore.

If the Dng are 4K ( they also mention electronic stabilization) that mean a crop anyway.

I think a pocket 4K or a Xt-3 will still give you more value for money.

The only benefit I could see is if they include a anamorphic 4:3 s35 mode as a recording option.

Interesting camera.  If not for purchase, then perhaps as a direction to what others might emulate in future.  The low ISO options were very interesting, for example.

The video was cool.  I liked that the cage said "ARRI" across the top!

I'd also point out that it's a concept video, so this thread might reach a couple of hundred pages before we see a real item :)