Critically acclaimed, EOSHD Pro Color gives you cinematic straight-out-of-camera image quality, improved in all shooting situations.
This version of Pro Color is designed for the new Sony A7 III and Sony A7R III.
EOSHD Pro Color arrives on the A7 III and A7R III
New for this version is a second profile – Pro Color HDR – which increases dynamic range in the highlights by as much as 2 stops. No grading is required on either profile.
All the previous advantages of EOSHD Pro Color look better than ever on the A7 III thanks to Sony’s new 14bit sensor and full pixel readout.
The image issues fixed by EOSHD Pro Color on previous Sony cameras are still needed on the new models. All features are carried over from before:
- Skintones, faces and people given a more flattering treatment
- Reduced colour clipping (prevents luminous blues burning out to neon green)
- Maximum colour fidelity and dynamic range with EOSHD Pro Color HDR
- Truer, deeper reds and warm tones
- Greater separation of green hues for richer looking landscapes
- Greater separation of blue hues for better skies and deeper cool tones under artificial light
- Makes the camera better in mixed lighting situations, with better look to both warm AND cool light in one shot
- Smoother and more film-like roll off to highlights and shadows
- Confidence on a shoot you have expertly set colour with no unpleasant surprises
- Works with 4K and 1080p video
- Works with JPEG photos
Full quick guide for applying the settings in-camera
EOSHD Pro Color comes with an extended guide to quickly apply-once and shoot.
There is a trouble-shooting section, help on automatic white balance, camera menus and settings advice, plus more.
EOS Match LUT
A bonus feature which can be used optionally in post if you wish to match the look of your Sony camera even more closely to a Canon EOS picture profile.
Auto White Balance Priority
You can now choose absolute white or a warmer ambience on the new Sony cameras when using automatic white balance.
EOSHD Pro Color has been optimised for each Auto WB Priority mode, and no longer needs custom white balance presets or adjustments to auto-white balance.
Simply set the Picture Profile and shoot.
EOSHD Pro Color is a process of expert refinement spanning months of shooting and experimenting.
During development, even the colour cast of lenses is eliminated by shooting with colour calibrated and matched Cooke Panchro S4i cinema lenses on the Sony A7 III and A7R III.
The results are inspected on a Display P3 DCI 4K display.
EOSHD Pro Color is the result of months of development but is easy to dial-into your camera in less than 5 minutes.
Pro Color 4.0 HDR is designed to work with:
- Sony A7 III (A7M3)
- Sony A7R III (A7RM3)
Pro Color 3.0 is designed to work with:
- Sony A7S II
- Sony A7R II
- Sony A99 II
- Sony A7S
- Sony A7 II
- Sony A6300 / A6500
- Sony FS5
- Sony RX100 IV / V
- Sony RX10 II / III / IV