Jump to content

Sony Product Announcement - 26/01/21


BTM_Pix
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 2/1/2021 at 2:47 PM, androidlad said:

A1 seems to have insane rolling shutter performance for video. Only 2ms for 8K 30P, thanks to DRAM being made available for video read-out modes for the first time ever.

In stills mode, this increases to 5ms @14bit readout.

Thats ARRI Alexa levels of rolling shutter and approaching ARRI Alexa levels of dynamic range as well.

Seems to me, based off Gerald's hands on with it, that it is perhaps worth the price tag for people that don't want or need a flip screen and wants a hybrid camera that does it all, at least the best one so far.

I wonder how FX9 owners are feeling now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Very very few FX9 owners could 100% replace their FX9 with a Sony a1, they're too drastically different.

Perhaps, but Sony A1 + XLR-K3M is a compelling setup. No internal ND or SDI. I would bet money Sony will release a mirrorless camera like A1 or A7S with a eND within the next 2-3 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Androidlad you always write wrong spec, always.. 

 

"

1 seems to have insane rolling shutter performance for video. Only 2ms for 8K 30P, thanks to DRAM being made available for video read-out modes for the first time ever.

In stills mode, this increases to 5ms @14bit readout." 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A1 readout modes:

8K up to 30P: Over-sampled from 8640 x 4860 full width readout. 17ms rolling shutter. 1/57s readout speed.

FF 4K up to 60P: 2 x 2 pixel-binned from full width to 4320 x 2430, then over-sampled to 3840 x 2160. 9ms rolling shutter. 1/114s readout speed.

4K 120P: 2 x 2 pixel-binned from 7680 x 4320 window (1.12x crop) to 3840 x 2160. 8ms rolling shutter. 1/124s readout speed.

S35 crop 4K up to 60P: Over-sampled from 5760 x 3240 window (1.5x crop) to 3840 x 2160. 11ms rolling shutter. 1/90s readout speed.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/6/2021 at 9:39 AM, Video Hummus said:

I would bet money Sony will release a mirrorless camera like A1 or A7S with a eND within the next 2-3 years.

Many of us thought an a7 series (or similar hybrid) from Sony would have had an eND within 2-3yrs back 2-3yrs ago!!

We'll probably see another couple of years pass by once again with nothing happening....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Many of us thought an a7 series (or similar hybrid) from Sony would have had an eND within 2-3yrs back 2-3yrs ago!!

We'll probably see another couple of years pass by once again with nothing happening....

So you thought you would get an eND before 10-bit? I think its coming. They are running out of things to compete on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Video Hummus said:

So you thought you would get an eND before 10-bit? I think its coming. They are running out of things to compete on.

Well, perhaps not the a7 would have, but one of the other hybrid mirrorless would've got it! Remember, we got already got 10bit in mirrorless well over two years ago. (and external 10bit even longer ago before that)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/6/2021 at 8:26 PM, androidlad said:

A1 readout modes:

8K up to 30P: Over-sampled from 8640 x 4860 full width readout. 17ms rolling shutter. 1/57s readout speed.

FF 4K up to 60P: 2 x 2 pixel-binned from full width to 4320 x 2430, then over-sampled to 3840 x 2160. 9ms rolling shutter. 1/114s readout speed.

4K 120P: 2 x 2 pixel-binned from 7680 x 4320 window (1.12x crop) to 3840 x 2160. 8ms rolling shutter. 1/124s readout speed.

S35 crop 4K up to 60P: Over-sampled from 5760 x 3240 window (1.5x crop) to 3840 x 2160. 11ms rolling shutter. 1/90s readout speed.

 

So basically almost exacty the same as the R5 in all modes (except no 4K HQ).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...