EOSHD

Welcome to the EOSHD forum. The knowledge-base for all mirrorless, DSLR and pro video cameras.

Subforums

1. ANAMORPHIC

The largest online community devoted to anamorphic filmmaking.
    Discuss lenses, adapters, workflows and post lenses for sale

Raw shooting cameras - URSA Mini 4.6K, BMCC, BMPCC and more

Screening room and the creative side of filmmaking - share your ideas / stories

Discuss the NX1 hack and more. Share your mods. Share your tests.

6,175 in this forum

• 42 replies
    • 25 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 21 replies
    • 118 replies
    • 19 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 35 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 61 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 52 replies
    • 25 replies
    • 26 replies
    • 23 replies
    • 43 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 126 replies
    • 32 replies
    • 299 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 98 replies
    • 5 replies
The EOSHD Panasonic GH4 Shooter's Guide
The EOSHD Samsung NX1 Setup Guide
The EOSHD Sony A7R II Setup Guide and LUT Pack
The EOSHD Anamorphic Shooter's Guide - Second Edition
The EOSHD 5D Mark III Raw Shooter's Guide
The EOSHD Sony A7 Series Guide to Full Frame Lenses

• Popular Contributors

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    tors

• Kinefinity hands on at NAB 2016
      I completely agree with that ! 
    • Canon 1D X Mark II high ISO and colour performance worse than predecessor
      FS7 is a great camera. Problem is... it doesn't do stills. It seems like people compare the Canon models to every single other camera at the same time. The 1Dx is competing against other fullframe still cameras, not really against the FS7 (though it does excel the FS7 too in a couple of things, autofocus and out-of-the-box look). All of your complaints about 1dxmk2 "not being comparable" to the FS7 apply TO EVERY SINGLE DSLR/MIRRORLESS out there.  
      With those specs anybody with some brain will say, ok, this is a good camera. On the stills side some better shadows, and that's it. But I honestly doubt it will happen.
      Wamt me to list 10+ very important features/things the 1DX/1DC can do over the FS7 tpo? They're diffetent cameras and each one has a list of benefits over the pther, a big list.  I think when Canon produces s 3000$ 5D IV with FF 4k30p and a CFAST+CF slots, 120p and dual pixel AF, A HUGE segment of canon bashing will be satisfied
    • Drones. Which one?
      Where are you located JOnsey? I've been seriously searching here for any DJI supplier new or used and there's none. Zero. I was going with the inspure plus x5r kit just for the sexiness of a raw gh4 footage. But ended up seeing it's a much much more sensible decision to start with DJI lowest end drone (Phantom 4 1080p I thinl? Why not do a pal a favpur and buy an extra one & ship it to me, as I havE no one abroad at the moment. I can transfer the fee through anu channel prior to the purchasr (we've been long enough here to trust one another) plus all the shipping and effort costs. This way we can start with a cheap phantom to really master flyinh and still do some projects with it and then have it as a fiture B aerial camera when we get an inspire, or what ever comes up then! I strongly advice going that way, the phantom 4k can produce amazingbresults  that most of youtube clients won't mind a bit, so getting that instinctive ability to drive the thing and the muscle memory on different situationd is absolutely essential before we go bigger, right? Btw a question, how do you actuall keep track of the drone and fly it? Does it give a live feed wirelesly? And if so, to what? and what range? Mters? Kilometers? And what happens when it goes out of that ramge, crasj? I more consirned about people safety as I'll be shooting incredibly high populated sma'' country (thonk like europe at rush hours in PAris UK, Etc, and and vertical crash WILL absolutelu hit someone 's skull. Of course I'll be training for months and months before taking it to a dense area, just the desert, but still accidents happen. how big and heavy is a phantom , would it cause a si,ple trauma if the worst ever happens. or concusion? Skull fracture and immediate death? If amy one has any experience of hitting people or hearing stories about people hit by these drones i'd love tp hear them, if it's seriously damaging i'll tota'ly resttict the usage to my roof Hope yoi can read through this spelling, writing from an old npkis phone with a aphysocal leyboard.
  • Topics