Advice for buying SSD?

kye

17 hours ago, kye said:

If it keeps failing I think I'll look up what unix commands I can use to compare the files, I'd imagine there's a unix utility that will compare two folders and give me a nice report listing all the failures.

Beyond Compare is what most people where I work use. There's a Mac version available.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 hours ago, kye said:

So, I realised that it kept failing on these files beginning with "._" I realised that they were actually there, despite Finder not showing them to me when I put it into the mode for showing hidden files, so it was only the command line that revealed their existence.  

All UNIX, and UNIX-derived, systems hide files with names starting with "." from directory searches. You can see these using ls on the the command line with "ls -a" (or "ls -al" if you want more detail).

On 1/21/2024 at 12:04 AM, kye said:

We might be closer to Adelaide than you are to Sydney, but have you been to Adelaide?  From any kind of perspective it's a non-place, so I'd rather be slightly further away from Sydney!

Still much better than any other non-Auckland place in New Zealand!