Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

While the Blackmagic 2.7k Cinema Camera was just an unruly sized beast (both in dimensions and weight), I am surprised, because I thought the BMPCC would be smaller than all 4/3rd mount cameras. This is the BMPCC compared with the Panasonic GM5. 

http://camerasize.com/compare/#453,570

Right now there seem to be a lot of 4k capable sensors in the 1inch and 4/3rd range. While the Sony ones are famous a lot others exist, that may not be publicised enough. A lot of those would be just fine for a 4k cinema camera. 

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

All I know is I'll be staying away from pocket 4k threads until it ships. I've heard enough people crying about not having cameras they pre-ordered for one lifetime. Although the schadenfreude of the dude announcing he just walked into a shop and bought one before everybody else got their pre-orders is tempting.

20 minutes ago, Oliver Daniel said:

Is that a little groove I see on the right of the LCD? I really hope that screen flips out!

yes leaker on IG confirms it's a flip screen.