Those hoping for a follow up to 2012’s Canon 1D C may want to curb their enthusiasm.
This guide has advice for filmmakers on getting up and running with 5D Mark III 3.5K raw video, using the latest Magic Lantern, as well as the new full HD 60p modes.
Written by EOSHD’s Andrew Reid, the book is easy to understand for all skill levels and you can be up and shooting within minutes.
With the new Magic Lantern experimental build for the 5D Mark III, we have an amazing 4K and 3.5K 10bit lossless raw mode with Super 35mm continuous recording.
Firmware 2.0 for the Panasonic GH5 has been officially announced, and will be available for download at the end of September 2017. View the full press release and list of changes here
I’ve been testing a pre-production version of this on my camera thanks to Panasonic, to bring you my first impressions of the new features which include:
- Professional 400Mbit ALL-I intraframe codec for 10bit 4K 4:2:2
- “Open Gate” High Resolution Anamorphic Mode (4992 x 3744)
- Hybrid Log Gamma with view assist feature for HDR shooting
- New and improved autofocus engine for video
- Performance optimisations and bug fixes
Read on to find out what it’s like to shoot with…