Sony have taken the wraps off their biggest release of the year, the A7R III. It’s a very respectable update for photographers, a smaller one for video shooters.
Firmware 2.0 for the Panasonic GH5 has been officially announced, and will be available for download at the end of September 2017. View the full press release and list of changes here
I’ve been testing a pre-production version of this on my camera thanks to Panasonic, to bring you my first impressions of the new features which include:
- Professional 400Mbit ALL-I intraframe codec for 10bit 4K 4:2:2
- “Open Gate” High Resolution Anamorphic Mode (4992 x 3744)
- Hybrid Log Gamma with view assist feature for HDR shooting
- New and improved autofocus engine for video
- Performance optimisations and bug fixes
Read on to find out what it’s like to shoot with…
The main competition to the 5D Mark IV is here and it is a far better specced camera on paper to the Canon, but can it beat the mirrorless Sony and Panasonic competition for video?
It looks like Fujifilm’s nicest camera is going to get a huge step up in video quality.
If it happens, this will be the first time in history that such a major feature (4K video recording) has been added by a firmware update.