Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
56 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

I guess Danny Boyle doesn't know how to control his sound men either.

image.thumb.png.e487eebed79eda97c7597ec549c1074a.png

This an a list job with probably Schoeps and probably the usable sound is of the man on the piano.

Usually they are doing a wide and a close up of the piano player - the right sound position, and a double on the couch and maybe one or two close ups of the people there.

17 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

This an a list job with probably Schoeps and probably the usable sound is of the man on the piano.

Usually they are doing a wide and a close up of the piano player - the right sound position, and a double on the couch and maybe one or two close ups of the people there.

Yeah - my point was none of those mics are any closer to the talent than the one @IronFilm is saying is too far away. Even the mic for the man on the piano is about the same distance as in @thebrothersthre3 photo. Saying its 'waaaaaaaaay waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too far away' is a bit much.

6 hours ago, IronFilm said:

For the love of god please please tell me this was NOT a bts pic from while you were rolling! Although from that read lettering at the top of the BMPCC4K display I fear you were. 

As the boom mic is waaaaaaaaay waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too far away!

There are at least tens of reasons why they placed the mic where it is. Don't criticize before you know all the circumstances. 

3 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

Yeah - my point was none of those mics are any closer to the talent than the one @IronFilm is saying is too far away. Even the mic for the man on the piano is about the same distance as in @thebrothersthre3 photo. Saying its 'waaaaaaaaay waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too far away' is a bit much.

If you compare the distance between the piano man and the couch people is the difference between usable and non usable sound on a professional setup.

The difference between the other take and the piano man is definitely 1/3 less and closer to 1/2 in my opinion. Maybe 2/5s.

You have to realize that in professional sets we fight to gain even a few centimeters for better sound. A lot of times we literally fight, and shout with directors/cameramen/DoPs.

Sometimes @IronFilm is too protective to our trade!

11 hours ago, IronFilm said:

For the love of god please please tell me this was NOT a bts pic from while you were rolling! Although from that read lettering at the top of the BMPCC4K display I fear you were. 

As the boom mic is waaaaaaaaay waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too far away!

I am not sure though I think we were rolling. 

If that camera was rolling, then Blackmagic missed an entire marketing aspect for the P4K... time travel filmmaking.

And even if they were rolling, we have no idea what audio equipment they were using or what the settings were. The mic could have been too hot, so they had to back off. Their main audio could have been from a lav and the boom was a back up.

And finally, wouldn't it be a lot more constructive to hear the audio before criticizing the manner in which they did it?

• Super Members
8 hours ago, leslie said:

I know women can multitask but running a camera with both hands in your pockets, must be next level 😲

Maybe she is using one of those fiendish pocket size remote controls for it that give her full control of all the camera's functions?

I understand that they begin shipping next Friday.

• Super Members

Just to clarify that "this Friday" to me means "this coming Friday" as in 23rd of January whereas "next Friday" means "the one after this coming Friday" as in 31st of January.

I should have just said 31st of January really.

Or January 31st for those on the other side of the Atlantic.

I posted about this in the BM forums but this place seems a bit more active, thanks a bunch in advance!

"Hey folks, I am looking for some feedback on the coloring and cinematography of a video we made. The video uses the poetry of a friend of mine and while the video is not supposed to tell a simple linear story it is meant to evoke the feelings of the poem, which (for you non-Dutch speaking people) is about making choices, failing, struggling with past memories and letting go of things. The audio is the super rough draft audio (done by me  :lol: ) which at some point will be replaced with a male and female voice over.

With regards to what I was aiming at: the coloring is supposed to feel nostalgic, warm, and definitely not 100% realistic, while still remaining very naturalistic; people should not 'see the grade', so to speak. I added grain to a number of shots, Vimeo compression killed most of it except in the most extreme cases, but that's life, haha.

Looking forward to any and all feedback!

https://vimeo.com/386482322
password: dutchpoetry "

Bought Zhiyun weebill s image transmission module for 150E. In can be purchased and used separately from the gimbal. Works with any camera having HDMI out. Nice monitoring solution for BMPCC 4K. 

For 150E + my Samsung Galaxy phone or an older Samsung Note 4 that don't use got very nice OLED monitor with great colors, 800-900 nits of luminance and touch screen interface. All major tools, like peaking, histograms, zebras, false color are available. Even more interestingly, it communicates with the camera and you can set all major parameter like white balance, ISO etc. from the touch screen. So it is a monitor but also a controller. A separate USB cable is used for the controlling functionality. Quite a nice alternative to much more expensive specialized monitors. And you can change easily the screen size too :)