Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

39 minutes ago, leslie said:

I have just spent hours looking around for a type c male to male with a 90 degree head. The standard cable that came with the samsung t5 ssd cable hanging out the side has been bothering me. I bought this ugreen cable from china maybe it will turn up before xmas. Its 50 cm long maybe a little long but should be better than most that are 1 meter or longer. I run my ssd under the camera on a plastic homemade holder, I figure i should be able to vary the excess cable by moving the ssd either forward or backwards, plus i like that the ssd is out of the way under the camera. Curious as to how others with ssd's and cabling have solved their issues ?

I have some stuff from Ugreen. They are higher grade than the usual Chinese accessories.

I use the Tilta cable.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Kisaha said:

I have some stuff from Ugreen. They are higher grade than the usual Chinese accessories.

I use the Tilta cable.

thats good to know about ugreen. Haven't heard about them before finding a listing on ebay.  Ii'll also have a look at tilta

2 hours ago, leslie said:

thats good to know about ugreen. Haven't heard about them before finding a listing on ebay.  Ii'll also have a look at tilta

I buy a lot of stuff from amazon.de and they have a lot of Ugreen products.

I have the Tilta cage, and as you can see it fits nicely there https://www.cinegearpro.co.uk/products/tilta-cb-usbc-20-usb-type-c-cable-for-bmpcc-4k-cage-rig20cm

On 11/23/2019 at 9:47 AM, osmanovic said:

That's not correct. The solution can also be found in your Blackmagic forum:  http://54.172.192.242/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=51936&start=350#p310046

The issue shown at Slashcam is not the same crosshatching issue you link and has a different cause. The "solution" of adjusting pan/tilt in Resolve (I would call it a workaround, not a solution) might help hide the crosshatching issue (that was addressed in a firmware update) but doesn't change the underlying artefacts from the DNG debayer shown at Slashcam.

On 11/29/2019 at 5:54 AM, JordanWright said:

Initially I created it to view in Rec709 with highlight rolloff but Ive found it useful for a base to start a grade.

Heres one of my samples.

BMD Film
My 709 LUT
BMD Extended Video

Untitled_1.2.1.pngUntitled_1.2.2.pngUntitled_1.2.3.png

On 12/2/2019 at 7:49 AM, shooter said:

wow who is she man? gorgeous gal ?

i was admiring the almost perfect bokeh ball down in the bottom of the left hand corner,  very round, very sexy. Hadn't really noticed the Gal ?

Interesting indeed. Something nicely nuanced about the Sony shots. The way it handles color, highlights and shadows... it's like shooting a lens with Black Pro-Mist filter and without, but here it's the sensor/camera itself making all the difference. The BMPCC4K might be more technically correct... but so is a smartphone these days. What you want is not hyperrealism. If you sell me a dream, I need the image to speak to the imagination and take me to a different world... the F3 manages to do that with its X-factor. The BMPCC4K less. Actually got rid of mine. Sticking to the original two BMPCCs I have which I feel do a better job at giving me that filmic/cinematic vibe. Still... the BMPCC4K is one incredible piece of kit in the right hands with the right approach.

The Waterboys concert in Lisbon. Last week.

Much impressed to say the least : ) Better capture device I had for music live purpose so far...

So glad with the outcome and camera system performance that this setup and braw format are the production choice to be used in the following music shootings to come (as well, further steps of the current project).

E : -)

The increased res on the 4K is pretty obvious as is the S35 difference.

The great this with the BM is shoot it like that and it will look like that...which the F3 wont ever.

Shoot it with a Hyperprime (which I love on the camera) for instance and you'll get a much more similar feel to the F3 images.

Shoot with a Pro-Mist, even more so.

It's not a direct comparison in any meaningful way.

Has anyone tried successfully (meaning iris, AF, IS are working properly) a non booster adapter for EF lenses  on BMPCC4k? 

I tried Metabones BT2 that with new firmware is ok but noisy on iris especially on older lenses.

I tried Viltrox EF M1 that AF is not working on any lens I tried !!

Any other similar try like commlite or Kipon or else ? 

Posted this at blackmagic as well :

I have stumbled upon this:

https://muxtronics.nl/powerbank.html

if only I could contact the person. Maybe if he receives 50-100 demands, he would take it in production. This powerbank seems like the ideal companion to the p4K : constant voltage, programmable (!), variants with more 18650 cells are possible. The standard form factor is really small, and fits the smallrig powerbank holder perfectly.

I want to order one, have tried contacting, no response yet. I did not find a direct email ...

19 minutes ago, Yannick Willox said:

Posted this at blackmagic as well :

I have stumbled upon this:

https://muxtronics.nl/powerbank.html

if only I could contact the person. Maybe if he receives 50-100 demands, he would take it in production. This powerbank seems like the ideal companion to the p4K : constant voltage, programmable (!), variants with more 18650 cells are possible. The standard form factor is really small, and fits the smallrig powerbank holder perfectly.

I want to order one, have tried contacting, no response yet. I did not find a direct email ...

Posted here in this specific thread as well:

In another thread, @thebrothersthre3 was discussing a feature he is filming on the P4K. I'm curious to hear more about the project, or more importantly, how the P4K is working on a long form project.

I know you direct as well as shoot, so I guess first and foremost I'd like to know if it's your film, or are you the DP?

Also, do you have a picture of the rig?

What kind of lighting are you using?

And finally, are there any impediments, or have you had any issues, using the P4K for a feature film narrative?

1 hour ago, mercer said:

In another thread, @thebrothersthre3 was discussing a feature he is filming on the P4K. I'm curious to hear more about the project, or more importantly, how the P4K is working on a long form project.

I know you direct as well as shoot, so I guess first and foremost I'd like to know if it's your film, or are you the DP?

Also, do you have a picture of the rig?

What kind of lighting are you using?

And finally, are there any impediments, or have you had any issues, using the P4K for a feature film narrative?

This project I was camera operator and gaffer. It was mostly lit with 2 Godox 60w LED's and a Pixel 220w LED's, we occasionally used a few other lights as well as natural light of course. Haven't run into any issues. Recording straight to an SSD. I don't have access to the footage but everything I've seen so far looks really nice. We have been lighting things pretty well though.

TFJNO2F.jpg

nmREsIS.jpg

4ruTNTM.jpg