Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

2 hours ago, drm said:

I have both of these lenses (along with many more). What are you looking for? Are you looking to see a comparison of the lens between the GH5 & P4K to see how much correction is being implemented in the GH5/GH5s?

No, i just wanted to point out that, although I like the m4/3 system, using native lenses on p4k can have some big disadvantages. I have those lenses and a gx80, so I know the differences.

So, what happens with the new and very expensive 10-25 mm ? It could be borderline unusable on the P4K ?

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, drm said:

I have both of these lenses (along with many more). What are you looking for? Are you looking to see a comparison of the lens between the GH5 & P4K to see how much correction is being implemented in the GH5/GH5s?

Yes, I am sure some wonder about the possibilities of using m43 lens as run and gun solutions.

I am interested especially in the 12-100mm Olympus.

22 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Yes, I am sure some wonder about the possibilities of using m43 lens as run and gun solutions.

I am interested especially in the 12-100mm Olympus.

I frequently use the Oly 12-100 on my GH5s, where I use it most of the time and really like this combo. I put it on one of my P4Ks with a shoulder rig today and was surprised at the difference. The Oly 12-100 shows visible distortion on straight lines (think door frames) both in the middle and on the edges of the lens. I will have to use this combo more to decide for sure, but at the moment, I am leaning toward saying this is not a good combination. 

14 minutes ago, drm said:

I frequently use the Oly 12-100 on my GH5s, where I use it most of the time and really like this combo. I put it on one of my P4Ks with a shoulder rig today and was surprised at the difference. The Oly 12-100 shows visible distortion on straight lines (think door frames) both in the middle and on the edges of the lens. I will have to use this combo more to decide for sure, but at the moment, I am leaning toward saying this is not a good combination. 

Unfortunately, this is the case for more than a few m43 lenses. Pana/Oly both apply some hidden lens corrections even in raw. BM doesn't obviously. :( 

24 minutes ago, drm said:

I put it on one of my P4Ks with a shoulder rig today and was surprised at the difference

Could you share frames at various points of the lens so we can see the distortion? 

I’d like to see :

12mm

30mm

50mm

100mm

28 minutes ago, drm said:

Sorry to hear that, because I own the 12-100mm and I am waiting for the P4K.

I was suspecting such a behavior, but your experience means that it may be even worse.

I have used the 12-100mm extensively with the GH5 and I was very pleased with the run and gun possibilities.

2 hours ago, drm said:

Only at the 12mm? Does the distortion disappear if you zoom in a little?

Waterloo!

I contacted again today the local BM distributor and have NO clue at all when they are bringing P4K to the country.

20 October I am starting a project. The plan was to use a new camera (or else the producer will rent a C200).

What other camera with similar ISO performance can you suggest with use with EF lenses?

7 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Waterloo!

I contacted again today the local BM distributor and have NO clue at all when they are bringing P4K to the country.

20 October I am starting a project. The plan was to use a new camera (or else the producer will rent a C200).

What other camera with similar ISO performance can you suggest with use with EF lenses?

Maybe ZCam E2 with speedbooster if BMs are not available. Would also suggest GH5s + speedbooster

4 hours ago, nathlas said:

The local BM distributor doesn't have BMPCC6k ? 

Do not care for P6K, didn't ask.

I am considering the X-T3 now, or the Z7. All over the place, I know..

Just hope it is going to be here before then. It is going to be 2 full months.

Very disappointing that people want to buy the P4K and can't.

6 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

They got em on ebay. 

On 10/1/2019 at 2:38 PM, Anaconda_ said:

Could you share frames at various points of the lens so we can see the distortion? 

I’d like to see :

12mm

30mm

50mm

100mm

I snapped these quick shots at 12mm, 18mm, & 25mm. I will do one of the "brick wall" tests at some point.

I had no idea that the GH5 & GH5s were correcting things that much. Check out the curve in the crown moulding.

Three shots are the Oly 12-100 on the P4K, the 4 are the Oly 12-100 on a GH5. 

Olympus-12-100-at-12mm-P4K

Olympus-12-100-at-12mm-P4K.jpg

Olympus-12-100-at-12mm-#1-GH5

Olympus-12-100-at-12mm-1-GH5.jpg

Olympus-12-100-at-12mm-#2-GH5

Olympus-12-100-at-12mm-2-GH5.jpg

Olympus-12-100-at-18mm-P4KOlympus-12-100-at-18mm-P4K.jpg

Olympus-12-100-at-18mm-GH5

Olympus-12-100-at-18mm-GH5.jpg

Olympus-12-100-at-25mm-P4K

Olympus-12-100-at-25mm-P4K.jpg

Olympus-12-100-at-25mm-GH5

Olympus-12-100-at-25mm-GH5.jpg

6 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

Wow 12mm is approaching on fisheye.

Thanks for the tests, very helpful!

I ran some tests with the P6K with some of my lenses to compare it to the P4K. The Tokina 11-16 looks great and is mostly rectilinear, the Sigma 18-35 looks very nice but has very small shifts at the edges, the Canon 24-105 f/4 also looks great. I didn't find any of my lenses that looked bad and none were even remotely close to the Oly 12-100 on the P4K.

10 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Completely all over the place.

In case you go for XT3 you need completely new lenses, same for Z7.

I propose BMPCC6K because you asked alternative for EF lenses ( I assumed you allready have?)

Anyway affordable camera with use of EF lenses and RAW is only BMPCC6K this period.

4 minutes ago, nathlas said:

Completely all over the place.

In case you go for XT3 you need completely new lenses, same for Z7.

I propose BMPCC6K because you asked alternative for EF lenses ( I assumed you allready have?)

Anyway affordable camera with use of EF lenses and RAW is only BMPCC6K this period.

I unerstand what you mean, I just not going to shoot on 6K anytime soon, and the Pocket 4K can be used with 0.64/0.71/0.75/2X adapters, a lot more versatile.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Kisaha said:

I unerstand what you mean, I just not going to shoot on 6K anytime soon, and the Pocket 4K can be used with 0.64/0.71/0.75/2X adapters, a lot more versatile.

Thanks.

are you in britain and the eu have started  running blockades ? 😉

that must be pretty embarrassing for bmd to still be so far behind the eight ball. Talk on the facebook page seems to have died down. i thought bmd must have been shipping more units. To be honest i haven't really tried to keep up on whats happening since receiving mine not thats any consolation to you.

4 hours ago, leslie said:

are you in britain and the eu have started  running blockades ? 😉

that must be pretty embarrassing for bmd to still be so far behind the eight ball. Talk on the facebook page seems to have died down. i thought bmd must have been shipping more units. To be honest i haven't really tried to keep up on whats happening since receiving mine not thats any consolation to you.

The demand must be pretty strong. B&H restocked when the 6K was announced, I got mine that week (end of July I think) from them in store without a preorder and they seemed to be pretty well stocked. Must have moved a lot of units for them to be sold out again less than 3 months later 

10 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Thanks.

If you don't need AF you can adapt almost anything to Fuji as well.