Jump to content

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K


Yurolov
 Share

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Yeah the sigma 18-35 vingettes with a speedbooster if used on a GH5S or Blackmagic pocket 4k. The crop is 1.8 so with a speedbooster it goes down to 1.27 or 1.15 (depending on the speedbooster you get). 

I was wondering the same thing.  I think with the .71 (I got the Viltrox EF-M2) doesn't vignette, but the Metabones .64 does.  Again, these are my figures.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kisaha said:

You did that joke before and noone laughed. Read your room.

well i had a chuckle, maybe not a belly laugh but a chuckle at least

1 hour ago, Shirozina said:

But I’m not joking;)

what ever this camera is or isn't is moot, the camera is in production now its all about learning how to best utilize said camera . you can contribute meaning full dialogue or not. now i like a laugh as much as the next bloke maybe even more so  then some. this particular thread could easily be a hundred pages long rather than 330.. its kinda sad that one has to filter so much sand to find a few golden nuggets. it would be nice to stay a little more on topic, i get it, that some are fans of established brands of cameras however if it doesn't compare, relate or contribute directly to a bmp4k make a new thread,  its not rocket science.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Emanuel said:

Sorry pals but complaints on IR pollution and vignetting?! Are you kidding me?  When we all know there's no OLPF there as so many other cameras?! Use a filter and stop the nonsense please : )

BTW is this the first time you've seen this one here? ; -)

 

No complaints about the IR pollution, but this needs to well documented. It would be nice if it was in the manual. Multiple people have said it was no longer a issue and I haven’t seen any tests. 

What percentage of OG pocket owners even know about IR filters? You know most people are just worried about which ssd mount to get for their cage. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

True. So we need an IR filter for the Pocket?

Are there any combination of an IR+polarizer or ND that could do the job?

I am still in the search for a perfect vari ND and I am willing to pay good money for a 6 stop one if it has a neutral color.

Does anyone know the Breakthrough Photography X4 ND? Is a few hundrends of euros "investement", so I do not want to make that wrong.

6 hours ago, BenEricson said:

No complaints about the IR pollution, but this needs to well documented. It would be nice if it was in the manual. Multiple people have said it was no longer a issue and I haven’t seen any tests. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kisaha said:

True. So we need an IR filter for the Pocket?

Are there any combination of an IR+polarizer or ND that could do the job?

I am still in the search for a perfect vari ND and I am willing to pay good money for a 6 stop one if it has a neutral color.

Does anyone know the Breakthrough Photography X4 ND? Is a few hundrends of euros "investement", so I do not want to make that wrong.

 

heliopan have good reputation

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kisaha said:

True. So we need an IR filter for the Pocket?

Are there any combination of an IR+polarizer or ND that could do the job?

I am still in the search for a perfect vari ND and I am willing to pay good money for a 6 stop one if it has a neutral color.

Does anyone know the Breakthrough Photography X4 ND? Is a few hundrends of euros "investement", so I do not want to make that wrong.

 

 

Hoya does the job for me.

 

 

 

https://hoyafilterusa.com/product/hoya-solas-irnd-2/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

Man this camera is looking like you have to have about 20 extra things to make it work. Hmm, It is moving off my radar screen more and more every day. This is like going back to 1990 stuff. You had to buy a Van just to haul all the stuff you needed.

Really, Don, this is a craft and not even a point-and-shoot camera. Very easy to shoot with though.

Trust me. The most unique and accessible beauty I've ever date ; ) A pleasure to deal and handle from scratch anyways ; -)

Hard to have buyer's remorse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Yes, Don. This is a craft and not even a point-and-shoot camera. Very easy to shoot with though. Trust me. The most unique and accessible beauty I've ever date ; ) A pleasure to deal and handle from scratch anyways ; -)

You have one? I’d love to see what you’re getting out of it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...