Jump to content
Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, TurboRat said:

No issue of flaring from mine or my buddy's Viltrox too. Take note that the guy used the Viltrox M1 on the vid. I don't know why he's pushing that the flares are on the Viltrox M2 

On another note: Did you guys buy an external monitor for the P4K? We were on a shoot today trying out the P4k and wanted some low angle shots as well as an overhead shot but had a hard time doing it. Had to borrow a GH5s for those shots

Borrowing a monitor would be easier, than changing a whole camera.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
34 minutes ago, TurboRat said:

On another note: Did you guys buy an external monitor for the P4K? We were on a shoot today trying out the P4k and wanted some low angle shots as well as an overhead shot but had a hard time doing it. Had to borrow a GH5s for those shots

I've got the Ninja V - it works well but has some issues with the zebra accuracy ( see my other post)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Borrowing a monitor would be easier, than changing a whole camera.

Yeah but no one had an external monitor nearby or a rental shop nearby. Time is essential and good thing someone know somebody who has a Panasonic nearby. I have a Ninja Inferno though but didnt bring them because I was unaware of the shots needed (was just bought in for consultation). Didnt check though if the P4k has an app that can work as a 2nd monitor like in other cameras. Also would have been more helpful if the screen had a little bit of tilt, not necessarily full 180. Anyway, it was just for quickly testing out the P4K for additional B-roll shots and realized there's still some stuff to be bought for those situations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, TurboRat said:

Yeah but no one had an external monitor nearby or a rental shop nearby. Time is essential and good thing someone know somebody who has a Panasonic nearby. I have a Ninja Inferno though but didnt bring them because I was unaware of the shots needed (was just bought in for consultation). Didnt check though if the P4k has an app that can work as a 2nd monitor like in other cameras. Also would have been more helpful if the screen had a little bit of tilt, not necessarily full 180. Anyway, it was just for quickly testing out the P4K for additional B-roll shots and realized there's still some stuff to be bought for those situations

Yep, a monitor is a must for many reasons. This camera can be used as it is, but most times it will need additional accessories. I will always suggest a SmallHD Focus, smallest and brightest solution.

If you do not care about brightness, one of the cheap 5.5" copy cats will do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, I’m shooting some interviews at the moment and have my T5 and an SD card in. But I only see the SSD. Why?

image.jpg

 

Also, first time recording with microphone through the mini XLR input, I am NOT using phantom power at the moment but I have SUPER CLEAR audio. I’m monitoring with noise cancelling headphones. But yeah, I know someone earlier had problems with the input. I’ll try with phantom when we’re not shooting for the client.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, SSD and SD use the same usable slot, which is annoying if you don't plan on using Cfast for anything. Maybe they'll change that in a firmware update.

I was the one with Phantom power issues, but they have since (mostly) cleared up. I contacted BMD about it and they've said they haven't had any other complaints. After sending them some tests, I've been asked to send the camera back and they'll replace it within 10 days. I'm filming stuff that doesn't require in camera audio for the next week though, so I'll send it back after that. I think my camera just has some issues and it's not wide spread thing.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Would be hard to tell the two cameras apart if they were not side by side. I sort of like the SSD solution of the BMCC over the new PK4. But you can buy the PK4 used for probably the same price. I would take the PK4.

Well there are no extreme highlights. I think the way it is graded helps too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, as much as 10 bucks will always be 10 bucks, it doesn't matter if you have there in your bank account more 999,990 or only 90... ; )

Enough for a Pizza Margherita, but still depends where ; -)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

Well this is pretty damn interesting.

 

Yikes. IR pollution is definitely still a problem with this camera. You can clearly see it at 3:58. This can lead to all kinds of weird problems with the image, but most noticeably problems with black fabrics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...