Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Hey guys, I’m shooting some interviews at the moment and have my T5 and an SD card in. But I only see the SSD. Why?

image.jpg

Also, first time recording with microphone through the mini XLR input, I am NOT using phantom power at the moment but I have SUPER CLEAR audio. I’m monitoring with noise cancelling headphones. But yeah, I know someone earlier had problems with the input. I’ll try with phantom when we’re not shooting for the client.

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Yes, SSD and SD use the same usable slot, which is annoying if you don't plan on using Cfast for anything. Maybe they'll change that in a firmware update.

I was the one with Phantom power issues, but they have since (mostly) cleared up. I contacted BMD about it and they've said they haven't had any other complaints. After sending them some tests, I've been asked to send the camera back and they'll replace it within 10 days. I'm filming stuff that doesn't require in camera audio for the next week though, so I'll send it back after that. I think my camera just has some issues and it's not wide spread thing.

31 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Would be hard to tell the two cameras apart if they were not side by side. I sort of like the SSD solution of the BMCC over the new PK4. But you can buy the PK4 used for probably the same price. I would take the PK4.

Well there are no extreme highlights. I think the way it is graded helps too.

Yeah, as much as 10 bucks will always be 10 bucks, it doesn't matter if you have there in your bank account more 999,990 or only 90... ; )

Enough for a Pizza Margherita, but still depends where ; -)

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

Well this is pretty damn interesting.

Yikes. IR pollution is definitely still a problem with this camera. You can clearly see it at 3:58. This can lead to all kinds of weird problems with the image, but most noticeably problems with black fabrics. 

11 hours ago, Shirozina said:

It's easy to make the better camera look like the worst one in the grade by crushing the blacks. 

What blacks? They look brown to me. 😬

Interesting that people have claimed the IR pollution is gone. You can see it right there, clear as day. Has anyone else tested this?

Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 10.54.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 10.54.51 AM.png

Iphone was blowing out a lot more and looked sharper. The motion looked better on the black magic for me as well, noticeable when the bird was splashing in the water. 

That said at first I thought it was a comparison between the original pocket and the 4k, and I thought the B cam was the 4k lol.