Andrew Reid

Panasonic S1 V-LOG -- New image quality king of the hill

1 hour ago, Mark Romero 2 said:

So you can't just throw a LUT on and be done?

Or convert to ACES?

Sorry I am asking so many questions. I haven't had enough time to shoot real-world video projects so I just want to make sure I am prepared for my next video job.

Yes you can, but i don't like so much the result.this are with the nicest LUT

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I am also curious to know how the V-Log in 4K60p is with the S1 since it is 8 bit. Useable or would you swap to a r709 profile?

Would 4K recording work with just like a Sandisk SD 95mbs card or does it have to be a faster UHS II card?

Appreciate the answers to my previous post!

On 3/17/2020 at 11:45 PM, BjornT said:

I am also curious to know how the V-Log in 4K60p is with the S1 since it is 8 bit. Useable or would you swap to a r709 profile?

Would 4K recording work with just like a Sandisk SD 95mbs card or does it have to be a faster UHS II card?

Appreciate the answers to my previous post!

The clip i have share before is shot in 4k50p V-log 8bit

Yes the Sandisk 95mbs works in all modes..

Looks like the ghosting artifacts (temporal noise reduction) that plagued the S1 (and were fixed in firmware) are still plaguing the S1H (posted yesterday by Gerald Undone)...

Panasonic S1 vs S1H: Cheaper Is Better?! - YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDjLHiiatUA

...feeling glad I didn't upgrade from my S1's quite yet.

Hey, S1 lovers. Has anyone tried to find hidden features on their camera? @BTM_Pix of EOSHD community has gained access to a variety of Lumix cameras with his GX85 tool:

#

Now, if there is a hidden 200mbit mode for the S1 or true 4K or other tasty treats, that would really be lovely. So, any S1 users with experience regarding these hidden modes?

To be honest, I think we've had our fun with that type of stuff and Panasonic have tightened it up but on the off chance I'd start with examining what modes that the S1H has that the S1 doesn't and take it from there.

FYI, though, I had a brief look at the S1H that @Andrew Reid had with him in Barcelona and the authorisation routine has changed so that will need working around as well.