-
Posts
2,946 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Articles
Everything posted by PannySVHS
-
That's quite a testimony for the S1H. I love the look in lit scenarios but I never got to make it look amazing under natural light. Neither have I seen any breathtakingly beautiful footage from it in daylight. The blackmagic og pocket and micro cameras look awesome under daylight conditions. What's your take on it if you can still recall with all your cameras you've had over the years?:) 10min in 30 degrees direct sunlight is actually not that bad from the L10 for what is. It just wouldn't enough to consider it for myself. Thanks for sharing your experience.
-
5D3 ML Raw vibes! Looking fantastic. Are you still rocking the GH6 plus Arri Log?
-
That's a lovely idea! It's actually an awesome idea in many regards! I wouldnt limit it to 720p. Other resolutions should be fine. I would find the 8bit Dng from the FP an awesome contribution. Chamera would be a charming and perfect antipode to the FP. How about the 720p in the GX85. I found that to be suprisingly nice when I accidently filmed with it. Awesome that you found the 2x digimode on the GX85 to be perfectly usuable. I should find a scenario to give it a try again. So what will be our challenge besides filming in 8 bit? @kye @mercer All members welcome to participate. The more the more fun! Some GX800 love@John Matthews , some Oly 8bit goodness @fuzzynormal , some Panny CCD or Eos M 8bit glory @QuickHitRecord ?
-
I still got a super bumped up 5D3 I bought as used. I should give it a try, reading from you how stable it has been. I Loved your last screenshot you shared from your GH6 plus Konica. It looked like a 5D3 Raw with rich beautiful hues.
-
Bummer. How long did it last before shutting down? At what temperature? I would have liked to read that the L10 has become your swiss army knife camera. I still got my S1H which I bought not the least because of your real world experiences.:)
-
A new Super 16 Cinema Cam: the GoPro Mission 1 Pro ILS?
PannySVHS replied to John Matthews's topic in Cameras
Love your thread and your posts! @John Matthews This camera looks exciting. I hope they get rid of the loud beep you have mentioned. The video above is awesome. Cinema verité style with both cameras. No endless blindness with dull gimbal hopping but framing and images to enjoy. No Matti Hoppola or Geraldo Undunino violet led backlit technews basements. I will need to read more about the ils if it allows an external evf, if hdmi is micro or mini. Thanks for sharing your findings and for the video above. -
I treat the LX as camera for HD delivery. From my experience, it's the best ratio between size, quality, ergonomy and used market prize for good quality HD. GM1 with a 14mm is thicker, more expensive and handheld video turns out jittery very easily due to its tiny body not being equipped with a stab. I have tested the video side with my slightly taller GM5 and it's not fun to use for video. The stabilized 12 to 32 zoom makes it thicker than I like to for considering it over a GX85. The LX15 has lens stab, which works in 4K as well for holding steady, panning and tilting. HD on it is just too brittle for my taste so I see it as a 4K4HD cam. My two cents. Nice talking to you again, kye.:) @kye
-
John Cassavetes, enough said:) There used to be some BTS footage and docs on youtube. I think they should be still up there. @QuickHitRecord
-
How are battery life, overheating and startup time? @MrSMW Built? Thanks for sharing!
-
2x digital zoom was without artefacts right? 4x has to be aliasing extravaganza though!:) I could test it myself. But then, why not ask a GX afficiando like you!:) I still love mine. Got a second one so I carry two sometimes when doing a phototour. Up for a 2026 8bit challenge btw?:) Would be nice with more than two challengers though of course.:) @kye
-
Afaik the RX100 MK3 has downsampled HD and a 50Mbit codec. From my own experience HD on the LX15 feels too brittle for my taste, compared to a G6 or G7. Same goes for the GX85. @Andrew - EOSHD 4K on the LX15 is looking nice when graded. So my recommendation as well. @kye Beautiful 8bit 709 image, which makes me think we should do another 8bit challenge. It's been 7 years since the last one.:) @fuzzynormal How is focussing on the 25mm Pentax 110 lens? Looks like it would be very fiddely. Built like plastic and not so fantastic?
-
That would make it perfect for my 10mm Cmount, not so perfect in regards of noise in 4K, compared to the GX85. The GX85 hack from @BTM_Pix allowed a forum member to get 200mbps HD running on the GX9. The stock HD is supposed to be very good in regards to resolution looking at the dpreview comparison tool. I am tempted to check this camera out sometime. I still love and use my GX85 btw. The 8bit 4K is indeed amazingly good for what it is and grades better than it should allowed to do in regards of spec sheet numbers. Nice results you are achieving with yours. @kye
-
@PPNSThat BM Evf is a great, small and elegant solution, just like ones for Oly Pens or a Pannyboy GX1. I wished for a design and size like this for other cameras as well. I really liked the 12bit Prores 4444 on the original Mavo LF. Very thick image with great texture. Dynamic range felt a bit less than a Lumix S1H, in the highlights and moreso in the shadows, but with a unique and organic image and colormetry.
-
Should be the exact crop of the GH5 in UHD Extele mode, which is pixel to pixel and has about a 1.4 crop factor of the Mft sensor. GH5 and GX9 have the same sensor resolution.
-
That is fortunate that you get to test the L10 for us.:) Hold it! You bought that thing and can put it through a real tour de force! That's awesome. No need for us to watch any youtube shills. Thanks a lot!:) @MrSMW
-
@Framed_By_Dan Afaik the Lumix GX9 has a 1:1 readout in 4K, covering exactely S16 image width, with a 2.8 crop of FF. So even a 10 or 12mm S16 lens should work perfectly in 4K.
-
The GX85 with the 14mm is such a nice and pretty combo. Best bang for the buck for wide angle rangefinder style photography. I still got my GM5 but I'm thinking about selling it as its cuteness factor wears off quickly and the GX is just so much better in every regard. I would have loved a Leica branded version with rock solid build and perfect button feedback and layout. I think this little Lumix is still well build and to me it is a classic indeed. It's my favourite small camera in regards of small form factor, great image and bang for the buck. If it had Pannys great 10bit codec and HLG I would have called it a digital S16 camera. I do call it a personal cinema verité camera nontheless. Anyway, awesome thread and interested to see your findings, kye! I've been using my two GX85 cameras for photography over the last couple of months, with a 14, 28 and 50, even a 75mm in use. Different 50s btw, C-mounts from Schneider and Zeiss. That Zeiss is astonishing, the Xenon painterly with its uneven focal plane and it other attributes. Would love to put em to usage for video. I guess this thread is a good starter for some GX85 motion picture love!:) @kye I have not experimented with the 2x digital crop. Is it without artefacts? That would make it a usuable 2/3" camera, though with one bayer sensor instead of three sensor blocks of course. Kind of like an LX10, which in 4K has about 2/3" sensor size. Could the 2x digital crop be downsampled from a 2.3K image? I could test it myself, couldn't I? Shouldn't I?:) @Clark Nikolai I would love to see a picture of your shoulder mounted D16. Awesome! Do you use it for personal occasions or for projects and what kind of projects? Cheers and thanks for this fun thread!
-
It seems like Panny is asking if we want a Lumix L2000- an L10 with a mount, full HDMI, IBIS and a headphone jack, for 1199 and a Lumix L1000, an L2000 with GH5 sensor, for 899. I'd say two times Yes, please! Keep em coming! I would go for the L1000. The names are too cool, so I am looking forward to my L1000. Heck, why not, the L2000 will be it for me.
-
Another gem by @Henryo Really makes me want to pick up my bmpcc again soon. Anyway, such a treat to watch:
-
A Voigtlaender 40mm F2 pancake is coming, perfectly complimenting the ZR. If the Nikon had a viewfinder and a mechanical shutter I'd be tempted. Lucky me I can save my money.:)
-
I really loved your video and enjoyed your lovely footage! @Henryo Thank you for sharing. You totally hit the point in regards to a highly desired pocket og II, with good battery life and a strong full hdmi. I would also vote for a much stronger IR cut filter. Great skills and bravery with your d-mountung. I wouldn't even dream to dare to do that! Great sounding voice and awesome narration btw!:)
-
Amazing feature-film Magellan is shot on the Panasonic GH7
PannySVHS replied to Andrew - EOSHD's topic in Cameras
Thank you for sharing, Andrew. This is looking great. I will watch it as soon as they show it in the cinemas over here. I am still curious to test a GH5 MK II due to it been tested by slashcam for displaying great rendering of texture and offering one of the best 4K images of any dslms out there in that regard. Its optional 1.4 crop mode makes it a great digital 4K S16 cinema camera. GH7 in 4k pixel per pixel mode might be closer to 16mm crop though. I would love a M43 sensor sized lumix pocket cinema camera with flexible cropping, like S16 1:1.66, S16 4:3 with full Super16 width, 2/3" 1:1, you name it. And while you are at it, Panny please give it an internal ND and still keep the EVF and great battery life plus full size Hdmi.:) -
I love this thread. Keep em coming. If only the Canon FD 35 105 was not prone to gnarly focussing after several years of use due to ball bearings covered with desolving rubber. There is a very compact 38 to 100mm F3.5 under the Hanimex label, which I really like using for personal filming. Mine has a FD mount. I used to have a video uploaded showing this lens in action, which I shared here before. Vimeo deleted it along with 60 other videos when I canceled my plus account, because they deleted all groups and destroyed the whole community. I really need to read into Nikon glass. All these different versions leave me puzzled.:) @mercer
-
Zeiss ZX1 full frame Android prototype, let's repair
PannySVHS replied to Andrew - EOSHD's topic in Cameras
Hot stuff. Where did you acquire this novelty camera? That must be the youtube camera video of the year! Only thrills, no shills, a perfect watch with chips, soda and chills! @Andrew Reid -
Youtubers are snoring! Better quit watching, cuz it's so boring!
