Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

48 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

Sensor is now integrated into a separate unit that sends the measured distance wirelessly over BLE to the main focus controller which then processes it and sends it on to the camera.

And also has a measurement display which will come in useful at a later date.

Great work! How much lag is there in transmitting like that? I suspect just a few MS, but just wondering.

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 hours ago, MeanRevert said:

Once that MetaBones BM one comes out, maybe Viltrox will get their shit together and make a better version to compete.  $700 is kind of out there for an adapter.

Ive just finished up shooting on a Netflix Doc. Main cameras were C300MkII's and I was on the Pocket4K (on a Ronin S) with Viltrox EF-MFT adaptor, Sigma18-35 1.8 and Tilta Nucleus. Shot ProRes and sharpness is not an issue. Images look fantastic with this combo IMO. Maybe I just got a very good copy of the Viltrox adaptor. 

3 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Trust me, its the hundred and first project that you don't know about that will really blow your mind.

Meanwhile, unfinished symphony number 49 has had a bit of an upgrade since it was first unveiled last week.

Sensor is now integrated into a separate unit that sends the measured distance wirelessly over BLE to the main focus controller which then processes it and sends it on to the camera.

And also has a measurement display which will come in useful at a later date........

1658435626_TofNew001.thumb.jpg.c36c87846685872f23c8685034829a4f.jpg

This is awesome! PMing you an idea I have......

Just in time, but doesn't sound like an incredible upgrade. No IR, no ND, no anything really, just some different thicknesses that noone knew or talked about.

This is another issue that BM has to address. They knew about it and never said anything? Supposedly, people were buying the wrong adapters for a year? Does this sensor need any other special treatment?

That means that every image we have seen so far from any adapter is inferior of what is supposed to be.

The worst part of than equation is that we need different Metabones for different m43 cameras?! That sucks big time and is a significant cost that almost negates P4K price advantage (if you add everything the FS5ii has and does) and doesn't help with other m43 cameras either.

We definitely have to see some proper independent tests. 2 X Metabones for P4K and 2 X Metabones for other m43 camera is an approximate cost of 3100-3300€ here.

BM has handled poorly every P4K issue so far. There is always the price excuse and the "small market" manufacturer, but there are almost a different question mark every week, or two.

28 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Just in time, but doesn't sound like an incredible upgrade. No IR, no ND, no anything really, just some different thicknesses that noone knew or talked about.

This is another issue that BM has to address.

They new about it and never said anything? Supposedly, people were buying the wrong adapters for a year? Does this sensor need any other special treatment?

That means that every image we have seen so far from any adapter is inferior of what is supposed to be.

The worst part of than equation is that we need different Metabones for different m43 cameras?! That sucks big time and is a significant cost that almost negates P4K price advantage (if you add everything the FS5ii has and does) and doesn't help with other m43 cameras either.

We definitely have to see some proper independent tests. 2 X Metabones for P4K and 2 X Metabones for other m43 camera is an approximate cost of 3100-3300€ here.

BM has handled poorly every P4K issue so far. There is always the price excuse and the "small market" manufacturer, but there are almost a different question mark every week, or two.

Or you can choose not to believe the Metabones marketing hype and just use the adaptor you have. I'm sure Metabones will sell more speedboosters by saying that you need a new one for the Pocket4K. 

And to be fair, this has nothing to do with BMD. BMD is not going to say you will need a new Speed Booster and it's not their problem in the slightest anyway. 

Again, I used a Viltrox Adaptor on a Netflix Doc and no-one has had any complaints about the image.....and that's comparing it to the other C300MkII's using L series native glass we had on the shoot.

Comparing to FS5II is strange too. How much do you need to spend to record RAW or even a 10bit codec to the FS5?

You can 100% shoot RAW and 10bit with the pocket 4k just by adding a lens (Which you also need for the FS5),  variable ND filter and a few extra batteries. 

I think you are over reacting.

19 hours ago, MeanRevert said:

Once that MetaBones BM one comes out, maybe Viltrox will get their shit together and make a better version to compete.  $700 is kind of out there for an adapter.

yes it certainly is. I balk at paying $700 for a lens 🤔 I could save up for one and by the time their in production, probably get one. However that depends on how desperate i am i could also buy a second hand one and live with that,  and have some change for something else.  

hey mattias did you do a blog or video comparison on the metabones and viltrox ?

56 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Sold my Metabones XL for the sharper, adjustable and cheaper Viltrox. The EF-BMPCC from Metabones is great but the once for MFT are overpriced imo.

23 minutes ago, leslie said:

hey mattias did you do a blog or video comparison on the metabones and viltrox ?

Not as such, but Ive compared it to the BMPCC version in my review of the Viltrox and both was in my latest camera blind test.

1 minute ago, Mattias Burling said:

Not as such, but Ive compared it to the BMPCC version in my review of the Viltrox and both was in my latest camera blind test.

ok thanks

8 hours ago, Kisaha said:

This is another issue that BM has to address. They knew about it and never said anything? Supposedly, people were buying the wrong adapters for a year? Does this sensor need any other special treatment?

I have used my P4Ks with the current Metabones 0.71x adapter with many different lenses (usually the Sigma 18-35) without issue. I have not noticed a single issue with the IQ when using the current adapter. I would be very interested to test my current adapters and the new ones side by side. To hear the marketing speak from Metabones, the newest adapter is the greatest thing ever :)  Having a longer mounting plate would be cool, but I just got the mount for my cage and it holds the adapter well.

The existing M43 Metabones adapters work well with the P4K. Will the new Metabones adapters work better? Probably. But, it isn't like you have to run out and purchase one. The existing ones work well.

1 hour ago, drm said:

I have used my P4Ks with the current Metabones 0.71x adapter with many different lenses (usually the Sigma 18-35) without issue. I have not noticed a single issue with the IQ when using the current adapter. I would be very interested to test my current adapters and the new ones side by side. To hear the marketing speak from Metabones, the newest adapter is the greatest thing ever :)  Having a longer mounting plate would be cool, but I just got the mount for my cage and it holds the adapter well.

The existing M43 Metabones adapters work well with the P4K. Will the new Metabones adapters work better? Probably. But, it isn't like you have to run out and purchase one. The existing ones work well.

I haven't had any issues either. I started with the Voltrox, but couldn't shoot wide open with it so was forced to grab the Metabones. Didn't want to chance it again with Aputure since I know for a fact Metabones work well. 

I definitely want to see a side by side test. The fact that a specialized Metabones speedbooster exists will make everyone wonder.

The fact that you can't use this one on another m43 camera is quite significant also, even if it is 2-5-6-7% better than the previous version maybe does not worth it.

What when the new GH6 arrives, or a new JVC LS300, or DJI, or Sharp..

Have you heard about this "sensor thickness" before? It is the first time that I heard about it.

Have anyone use the Metabones adapter (NOT speedbooster) vs the Viltrox EF-M1?