Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

5 hours ago, TurboRat said:

So are you gonna part with your Ninja Inferno? I had mine for quite some time and been thinking of selling it since I'm using it less and less ever since I switched to music vids / events / run  & gun type of video coverage

Probably not any time soon. I have a couple of the Atomos Ninja Infernos and I really like them. They are great recorders and monitors and I use them when I am on sticks. They are just too big and heavy for my liking when doing a small handheld rig. I have one of the P4Ks rigged with a cage, handle, and NP970 battery. It makes a nice little rig when used with a stabilized lens. I have also been using it a fair bit on a gimbal.

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 hours ago, MeanRevert said:

For Pocket V2, Blackmagic should just partner with Feelworld and get their 2200 nit version into the camera somehow.

The problem with big / bright screens is battery life.  All those nits have to come from somewhere!

4 hours ago, MeanRevert said:

This is where that existing battery grip comes in handy.

It's just a shame they went for the smaller NPF batteries in the grip. I can't remember off the top of my head, but I think it only extends the life to 1.5 or 2 hours. Considering an NPF sled and a bigger battery can run all day, and cost a fraction of the price, you're only really paying for the streamline design. You also lose the option to hot-swap batteries with the grip.

27 minutes ago, tonysss said:

Orig. Pocket with orig.Nikon battery = 50min-60min. If i imagine BMPCC4K with NP970, i'm glad i have a real POCKET!  😄 with 2x stabilized lens and mic, and still in the palm of your hand... 

Setups that are larger and more complicated definitely have their downsides, that's for sure...

6 hours ago, MeanRevert said:

Not sure what I'm looking at in BTM Pix's post?

Sorry, it was a bit naughty of me just putting that up like that with no explanation.

If we told you what it is though, you might not actually believe it :)

We will do in a week or so though.

When is somebody going to make a decent loupe for this camera? I got the cheap Australian one from eBay, it’s not great, but better than nothing. BMD should make a loupe. One of the things I like about the Sigma FP is Sigma is making the essential accessories for it. It’s been over a year since the P4K was launched at NAB and we still can’t get a high quality loupe or a P4K specific speed booster. 🤬

33 minutes ago, The ghost of squig said:

When is somebody going to make a decent loupe for this camera? I got the cheap Australian one from eBay, it’s not great, but better than nothing. BMD should make a loupe. One of the things I like about the Sigma FP is Sigma is making the essential accessories for it. It’s been over a year since the P4K was launched at NAB and we still can’t get a high quality loupe or a P4K specific speed booster. 🤬

The Grid one for the BMCC and RED LCD etc works with it

grid-accessories-4.7-viewfinder-300x300.jpg.8d5eb2d24ec4bd6d92d5b5a23bad899e.jpg

At $241 its not cheap though unfortunately.

https://www.gridaccessories.com/products/grid-5-0-viewfinder/

Hoodman do a riser to let their 3" loupe be used on a 4" LCD and I seem to recall someone made a 3D printable version based on that idea to attach to a 5".

I  think I made a note of it somewhere and can track it down if you're interested ?

1 hour ago, kye said:

It's a POV cam from someone stuck inside working on a follow-focus who really wants to go outside...  with ADHD.

If you reverse the order of a couple of words in that sentence you may be on to something.