Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

Yeah for best performance and all framerates and resolutions you will need Cfast, no surprise there. Not sure why somebody is expecting something else really. 

So I am wondering if prices of cfast will go up or go down  in the next few months. Probably up because of high demand. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I wonder if Blackmagic was single-handedly responsible for the huge drop in Cfast prices.  You can now get Komputerbay 256gb cards for $250.  They should be able to handle 4K 60fps.  Otherwise, SSD should be able to do 60fps as well, and they're very affordable.  You can get a 1tb Samsung t5 for only $349.99.  That's probably the cheapest high speed recording available of any camera on the market.  That USB feature is a game-changer and other brands like Z-cam were clearly surprised when that feature was announced and they said it might make it onto their cameras, but I doubt it's a simple firmware fix for them.

On 5/12/2018 at 6:01 AM, jonpais said:

Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 5.00.04 PM.png

I think this is just a problem with the LUT that was applied. I've gone through the same thing with the FS700. It took me FOREVER to find good LUTs! All of the LUTs provided by Atomos and even Sony added terrible colored noise. I haven't a clue why this is the case. Maybe it's because it's recording the RAW signal, so this means there isn't any noise reduction added to the signal and they just leave it to you to add noise reduction. At any rate, I'd be more concerned if I saw this color pattern in the LOG footage.

23 hours ago, Tone1k said:

I'm sure BM will release some footage soon that we can then judge properly.... Until then, everyone's getting worked up over nothing. 

But "nothing" usually provides best foundation for everyone to say/write/add/feel/project "something" important about it.

2 hours ago, anonim said:

But "nothing" usually provides best foundation for everyone to say/write/add/feel/project "something" important about it.

What's that saying?

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story!!

5 minutes ago, LORDD said:

And while people talk about cameras and more cameras, they stop recording and doing work, while others with cameras from 5 years ago, do amazing jobs.

I'm pretty sure that doctors talk about medicine when they're not doing surgery and pilots talk about airplanes when they're not flying.

And by the way...shouldn't you be recording and working right now ;)

23 hours ago, mercer said:

Make it 40... to me this camera doesn’t even exist. 

Eventually we’ll have footage from John Brawley or Frank Glencairn or Noam Kroll and the footage will look amazing. More people will love it but a few will find something wrong with it...

Eventually card info will be released, and more people will complain.

Eventually AF tests will show up comparing this camera to the PDAF of the a6500 and more people will complain.

Eventually low light tests will show up comparing this camera with the GH5s or the a7sii and more people will complain.

At the end, when it’s released, a bunch of people will complain because they hate that they have to use an IR Cut filter and they will complain that they only get 45-60 minutes of battery life and that they wish it had IBIS...

And eventually the usual suspects will be the only people that have the camera and the footage will be absolutely gorgeous.

The End.

Kind of like the story of MLraw. I still look at footage I shot with MLraw vs GH5 and think it looks better somehow... and that's comparing 1080p to 4K.

2 hours ago, LORDD said:

And while people talk about cameras and more cameras, they stop recording and doing work, while others with cameras from 5 years ago, do amazing jobs.

Stop it... Just stop it... I get it.  You think we are obsessive about gear and instead we should start filming... Well, that might be true, but it doesn't stop the fact that there maybe issues with the blackmagic camera.  This is why we are on this forum.  Hell, do you think I would even touch this forum if I wanted to be 100% productive?  It's like telling fat people, "you know, that cake has 1000 calories".  Fat people already know.. We already know we are obsessive..  If I wanted to be productive, I would have went to some website called, "Get the hell out of the internet, and use your freaking camera that you bought months ago, asswipe".com... Do you see me going to that website right now?  Nope.... QED.  Now, excuse me while I create my indy flim... but first, I need to research for the best camera... :-)

ML Raw at 100 ISO probably has similar dynamic range to GH5 and it's RAW so it has some quality advantages.  Color looks more like what people seem to enjoy working with, so indeed it probably is better, especially how easy it is to use with Adobe Raw interface.  V-Log is likely harder to deal with and takes more work to get that Canon 5d3 look.

But there's no mistaking this Pocket 4K will be much better.