Canon EOS R5 8K monster official topic

Andrew Reid

17 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

How about 28-70mm F2.0 RF and be done with it?!

Ok it's massive and not 24mm at the wide end but it's a marvel of lens engineering.

For photo is an amazing lens, I did try it out. for 1h and I found it impressive. For video the problem is the weight and the extending while zooming that could be an issue on gimbals.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, Mako Sports said:

lawl 

ngl I hate Canon but that was excellent meme

Come on bros.

Deep down, you know the Canon R5 is more like this:

I will be honest here, the only "rumor" that I was excited about in the R5 is the 4K/120 - that wasn't mentioned in the announcement, and there is a possibility that the cripple hammer will land on the rumor itself.... so it is what it is... lets have a good laugh and move on.

On 2/24/2020 at 1:54 PM, mkabi said:

Come on bros.

Deep down, you know the Canon R5 is more like this:

I will be honest here, the only "rumor" that I was excited about in the R5 is the 4K/120 - that wasn't mentioned in the announcement, and there is a possibility that the cripple hammer will land on the rumor itself.... so it is what it is... lets have a good laugh and move on.

I got a big laugh out of that one 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Yurolov said:

8K video: 30fps, no crop, internal recording and dual pixel AF available in ALL 8K modes.
Auto Focus: body, face and eye animal detect so you can steadily track your subject.

Man I really want it ughhhh!

8K for 4K (3.5k?)sound really good deal! 

4 hours ago, Simon Young said:

There’s going to be a nasty rolling shutter on that 8K. But great for static shots. I’m more intrigued by the R6. Has anybody heard more about that one? According to Canon rumors it’s not gonna have a magnesium alloy body (probably plastic), and be more shaped like the RP.

If it can match the a9 and shoot 20fps with the electronic shutter, sensor readout speed should be pretty good. I bet its better than the 4k on Sony's various a6x00 models. With a CFExpress card 10-bit and even raw internal should be a breeze.

Found a great deal on a used EOS R and EF adapter and I'm slowly selling off my Sony gear to move to the R system. Despite the goofy touch bar and lackluster specs, its a great camera in use - and the AF improvements Canon has made put it on par with the newer Sony's. For now I'll use the XT3 for action since the R is kind of lethargic with its (non) high speed bursts. With adapters adapter I can be system polyamorous and use EF glass between Sony, Fuji and the R. I can wait out Covid-19, but the R5/R6 is giving me a serious case of G.A.S. For me this just keeps getting better, DPAF, IBIS, 4k120p, 40-something mp, its shaping up to be the hybrid I've been waiting for.

Good times.

Chris

20 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

I'm not sure of what is the more ominous indicator of an impending end of day apocalypse, the COVID-19 virus or Canon releasing a camera with such a no holds barred spec.

Seriously, ha ha.  Even the tone of their press release seemed so “mavericky” and un-Canon like ha ha.

Wondering about price point.  With the language about “every photographer – not just professionals” seems they’ve gone out of their way to say this will be much more affordable than the 1Dx Mark iii.

• Super Members
35 minutes ago, Patrick B. said:

Wondering about price point.  With the language about “every photographer – not just professionals” seems they’ve gone out of their way to say this will be much more affordable than the 1Dx Mark iii.

Depending on what happens in the next month, the price point in the UK will either be around £3.5K or two tins of soup, 20 sheets of toilet paper and two squirts of hand sanitiser.

Plus VAT in both cases obviously.