Fuji X-T3 has 4K60P and 10 bit

wolf33d

7 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Not everything has to be tied to TV specs, especially for advanced users. Maybe they are worried about the customer support calls when Mr Average tries 6K H.265 playback on his Chrome Book or wind-up CRT television.

Do you think that's why Panasonic didn't do the same with the GH5 and the 6k Photo mode? Cause I've been playing with it and it is 6K video and I'm unsure why they didn't make a bigger deal about it. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
45 minutes ago, Charbax said:

- It looks like it can't do advanced high profile H265 real-time encoding. Does the H265 options provide lower bitrates which is the promise of H265? What does it do in H264 and what does it do in H265 exactly and at which bitrates for each?

I want all frame rates and resolutions with H265 options at half the bitrate of H264 for the same quality. Is that not what it can do? Does it force you to use H265 for IPB? (without even saving a lot on the bitrate?)

This is my big question as well. It seems strange that in some cases, H.265 bitrate is twice that of H.264 (4k Long GOP, for example). I wonder if these are the only bitrates available, or just the maximum?

Either way, I am glad to see H.265 filtering into the specs of a handful of cameras, even if not fully fledged.

36 minutes ago, Luke Mason said:

exFAT format for files larger than 4GB will be added via future firmware update.

HLG is broadcast HDR, there's no requirement for bitdepth or colour subsampling, can be 420 or 422, even 8bit.

Gimbal these days are quite lower than $1000.

Implementation of H.265 is purely for hardware-accelerated 10bit.

So huge question mark regarding the exfat update, coming from you without a source.

And @Charbax you come off as a spoilt little brat. Don’t buy the camera. It’s not for you. Buy the Eos R.

Since Fuji is known to add features via FW updates, to other/older model cameras, does anyone think any of these new features will trickle to the X-H1?

I’ll be in the market for a hybrid camera within the next few months and one of my boxes to tick is IBIS and after looking at dozens and dozens of Flickr pages, IG #s and YT and Vimeo videos, the X-H1 is in my top three.

10 minutes ago, mercer said:

Since Fuji is known to add features via FW updates, to other/older model cameras, does anyone think any of these new features will trickle to the X-H1?

I’ll be in the market for a hybrid camera within the next few months and one of my boxes to tick is IBIS and after looking at dozens and dozens of Flickr pages, IG #s and YT and Vimeo videos, the X-H1 is in my top three.

I've been thinking on that too. I just got an X-H1 thinking the X-T3 would be announced but won't be on sale for a couple of months and I needed something earlier, but now I wonder if maybe I should've held off. I can't see most of those headline features coming to the X-H1, maybe zebras and some of the smaller features. 4k60p would be amazing but I can't see how it can happen since it's so hardware dependant, but I wonder if 10bit external is a possibility? The 1080/60p looks great though, and easily a match for the 4k downsampled so at least on a 1080 timeline there shouldn't be any problems mixing and matching. For me though I'd be happy if they fix the aliasing in the 120p mode -- I haven't done proper tests but it looks worse than the X-T2, on some surfaces it looks like it was recording the peaking. 

1 hour ago, mercer said:

does anyone think any of these new features will trickle to the X-H1?

I don't think the significant features like 4K60, 10bit etc, I think they have a new FPGA/CPU in there and etc.

For X-H2 (hopefully coming soon), I hope Fuji adds unlimited 4K60 recording (not even a 30min limit), 10bit HLG (if possible 4:2:2 internally, if not I guess 4:2:0 will do), flip out display, new larger battery, perfect IBIS, more H265 options (especially when it comes to saving bitrate for 4K YouTube uploads at same quality)..

2 hours ago, KnightsFan said:

It seems strange that in some cases, H.265 bitrate is twice that of H.264 (4k Long GOP, for example). I wonder if these are the only bitrates available, or just the maximum?

Either way, I am glad to see H.265 filtering into the specs of a handful of cameras, even if not fully fledged.

My guess is that it's one thing for a camera to be able to encode H265, it does not mean it's able to compress to the optimal potential compression of the H265 codec, using all the high profile features that for example YouTube, Netflix and Amazon use to fit 4K streams into sub-25mbit/s in some cases (for Netflix) even down to around 15mbit/s for 4K. Now for sure I wouldn't want my camera to record in Netflix's over compressed low 4K bitrate, but I am imagining 4K30 could fit in something like 35-50mbit/s and 4K60 in something like 75-100mbit/s, and if using 10bit HLG maybe around 100mbit/s while all these in optimal high profile H264 encodes for the same quality might be about 50% to double the bitrate.

For example the GH5 has what looks like to me to be an awesome H265 bitrate, the 4K30 HLG (10bit 4:2:0) on GH5 I think is 72mbit/s using H265. That just kind of sounds great. Just sounds like the same quality 4K30 10bit 4:2:0 HLG recording might have taken up 150mbit/s when using H264. But I never have been able to consider buying the GH5 as the video autofocus is just not anywhere good enough.

12 hours ago, no_connection said:

Why do pretty much every (if not all) sample video I have seen crush blacks. Even those I respect most and I thought would know better all had crushed blacks.

FWIW, Fuji's default images go readily into the blacks more than any other brand I've worked with.  

I like the look in stills, but not so much in video. It's a subjective thing. 

• Super Members

Wow, just checked the preorder prices. Very decent starting price. Will probably sell well.

I haven't read up on it enough, at first glance it doesn't offer to much over a used X-pro2/t2. But if I was in the market to buy a brand new APSC this would be difficult to pass on.

12 hours ago, Charbax said:

no IBIS is no good for video and photo (means a $1000 gimball is compulsory for shots off tripod, I never shoot on tripod)

This can't be serious?

The fuji lenses with OIS are really good... unless you are Michael j fox... you ain't struggling to get perfect stills and the video is very stable... a bit of stabilisation in post and you'd think it was ibis... even gimbal on some shots.