Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Who it's interested in this project? Flip out screen for BMPCC PK   ==> ebay like shop maybe we can convince him to send the parts in EU/US . Personally i think it's the perfect solution for gimbal work and also supercharges the pocket ability of the camera.

Also i've seen here on the forum that there is interest in ssd alternative , i'm using since november  2x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA-III mSATA3 in  THIS ENCLOSURE and it's the cheapest and slimest option.I've done some test and the speed are the same with Samsung T5 ssd and if you want faster speeds you can use nvram ssd encosure but it's bigger and expensive.

image.thumb.png.e02938886df34a1fc03059aca6e013cb.png

I think it is the Woodencamera kit as you can see the SDI in the back of the viewfinder. It looks like he's gone Camera > HDMI > Video Assist > SDI > VF. You could do the same thing, but replace the VA with BMD HDMI-SDI converter. They're like 30 bucks second hand, and run on USB power. Could tidy up the kit and minimise loose wires if you mount it somewhere out the way... like taped to a V-mount with USB output for example.

55 minutes ago, MeanRevert said:

It's kind of funny that to really make the Pocket 4K work well, it usually ends up looking like the Ursa. 

I don't know, I shot over a weekend with it when it first arrived with nothing but a shoulder strap for stabilization and it worked just fine for me. It was still a joy to use and nobody would I know I didn't have all kinds of crap hanging from it.

8 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

image.thumb.png.e02938886df34a1fc03059aca6e013cb.png

I think it is the Woodencamera kit as you can see the SDI in the back of the viewfinder. It looks like he's gone Camera > HDMI > Video Assist > SDI > VF. You could do the same thing, but replace the VA with BMD HDMI-SDI converter. They're like 30 bucks second hand, and run on USB power. Could tidy up the kit and minimise loose wires if you mount it somewhere out the way... like taped to a V-mount with USB output for example.

Of course - makes sense. Thanks for sussing that out. Waiting for that PortKeys O-eye 3G EVF to come out.

5 hours ago, graphicnatured said:

I don't know, I shot over a weekend with it when it first arrived with nothing but a shoulder strap for stabilization and it worked just fine for me. It was still a joy to use and nobody would I know I didn't have all kinds of crap hanging from it.

Yeah ,for sure, I can see someone handhold the thing with just a lens, mic and SD/CFAST. It's kind of hard to do that for long with that small battery and non-articulating display though.

3 hours ago, MeanRevert said:

Yeah ,for sure, I can see someone handhold the thing with just a lens, mic and SD/CFAST. It's kind of hard to do that for long with that small battery and non-articulating display though.

Yeah, a monitor setup on top can help, but in a lot of ways I still like carrying extra batteries over a v-mount. If I really want to carry something that heavy I'd just grab the Ursa because once you add that, it may as well be, like you said.

10 minutes ago, graphicnatured said:

Yeah, a monitor setup on top can help, but in a lot of ways I still like carrying extra batteries over a v-mount. If I really want to carry something that heavy I'd just grab the Ursa because once you add that, it may as well be, like you said.

I would also prefer to carry more batteries because that means that the weight of all the extra batteries is in your bag where it's much more comfortable over time than carrying it in your arms when holding the camera.  Of course, in terms of a P4K fully rigged up vs an Ursa, the P4K option is nice to have because it offers flexibility between different shooting situations.  You can't make an Ursa small like a P4K is without a big rig.

If you were hiring a camera for a single shoot and needed it all rigged out then sure, just get an Ursa, but if you're buying it (like most people would be with a P4K I would imagine) then the flexibility is a useful thing.

BTW, does anyone know why BM doesn't advertise their fixes and firmware improvements ahead of time instead, of just opting to dropping them out of the blue on their users? 

I only say this when you compare it to other camera manufacturers that tell you months in advance that they are working to improve or add something.

6 minutes ago, MeanRevert said:

BTW, does anyone know why BM doesn't advertise their fixes and firmware improvements ahead of time instead, of just opting to dropping them out of the blue on their users? 

I only say this when you compare it to other camera manufacturers that tell you months in advance that they are working to improve or add something.

Honestly, I think it's because many BM users are whiny and entitled. Announcements would get hyped up beyond reason and ultimately people would be underwhelmed by the actual improvements. Look at what happened with some of the GH5 AF improvement announcements: people jumped the gun and starting declaring that it would be Canon Dual Pixel level performance immediately, only to be disappointed when the firmware was actually released. Better to just surprise people.

I say this as a BM user and lover.

1 hour ago, MurtlandPhoto said:

Honestly, I think it's because many BM users are whiny and entitled. Announcements would get hyped up beyond reason and ultimately people would be underwhelmed by the actual improvements. Look at what happened with some of the GH5 AF improvement announcements: people jumped the gun and starting declaring that it would be Canon Dual Pixel level performance immediately, only to be disappointed when the firmware was actually released. Better to just surprise people.

I say this as a BM user and lover.

Hmmm.. that doesn't sound like a very good reason.  It would seem to me that drumming up some excitement would greatly outweigh any potential disappointments.

I always thought it was a bandwidth issue as it seems like BM is a small shop and can only devote their engineering resources towards a few projects at once. That's just guessing, though.