Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, anonim said:

Did anybody try and use any new and small USB-C flash drive as solution? Some of them reach even 150mb/s writing speed, so in theory could safely been used for 5:1 and Q5 codecs, or even better for some simpler scenery.

My experience with flash drives is that even the tough & pro ones die instantly, without any warning. Never was able to recover one. 

Actually, there are also USB3.1 models that go up to 350Mb/s, so it is possible to connect them via 90 degree speedy USBc-USBA adapter. For short filming there's no danger of heating. 

@Yannick Willox ... I've read that some of the newest are claimed to be much better in that regard. ... Anyway, I think about usage for not longer than few minutes sessions of shooting-then-stopping, so not too much exploiting... Of course, idea is to cut need for more cables and save space for run/gun situations. 

51 minutes ago, Shirozina said:

I've got a 1tb mSATA drive in a USB 3.1 enclosure that works with BRAW at the highest data rates.  You have to be careful though as I've got a very slightly different enclosure and mSATA that the camera doesn't recognise.

Can you provide a link for that that works (and another one to be avoided) ?

6 minutes ago, Shirozina said:

The Samsung EVO  860 works but the 850 doesn't. Don't know the models of the enclosures as they are cheap no-brand ebay purchases.

Thanks... I'll have opportunity firstly to check SanDisk SSD plus used in Atomos recorders. But maybe somebody already tried it also...

2 hours ago, Shirozina said:

I've got a 1tb mSATA drive in a USB 3.1 enclosure that works with BRAW at the highest data rates.  You have to be careful though as I've got a very slightly different enclosure and mSATA that the camera doesn't recognise.

OK, spill the beans... : ) What enclosure? : -)

1 hour ago, Emanuel said:

OK, spill the beans... : ) What enclosure? : -)

See previous reply ?

Something like this (but with a usb 3.1-C cable)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-3-1-to-mSATA-External-SSD-Drive-Enclosure-Case-Caddy-Adapter-Converter-Cable/323282979456?hash=item4b452aca80:g:gcwAAOSwEzJbER3i

I think there are now USB-C to USB-C versions as well. As I said some versions may work and some may not.....

On 5/29/2019 at 5:51 AM, Jacek said:

How much better for heavy grading is BRAW vs 10bit 4:2:2 with some flat profile/log?

I tested both, raw is Far better if your doing color correction. Prores okay for basic correction, make sure you nail the white balance in camera. 

Really wish the pocket received the prores 4:4:4 codec from the Ursa mini. Love that codec.

1 hour ago, Shirozina said:

See previous reply ?

Something like this (but with a usb 3.1-C cable)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-3-1-to-mSATA-External-SSD-Drive-Enclosure-Case-Caddy-Adapter-Converter-Cable/323282979456?hash=item4b452aca80:g:gcwAAOSwEzJbER3i

I think there are now USB-C to USB-C versions as well. As I said some versions may work and some may not.....

Sure, I mean something you had already bought it and know it works...