Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

Idk, I think this forum has been pretty positive about the P4K. In the almost 400 pages, I would assume there are 3 or less pages of negative comments about the actual camera and some of the those criticisms are issues that should and most likely will be addressed by BM... they have a pretty good track record addressing issues.

Maybe it’s just me but I really don’t get forums anymore... since when is it so negative for people to raise concerns? 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Some criticism is welcome, some other is people getting a justification for themselves why they don't need to perform some investment instead : ) Most part of time because they've just oriented their funds in some other direction. Worse when people pretend to convince the world of their own choices in disguise of intended facts.

16 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Some criticism is welcome, some other is people getting a justification for themselves why they don't need to perform some investment instead : ) Most part of time because they've just oriented their funds in some other direction. Worse when people pretend to convince the world of their own choices in disguise of intended facts.

I guess... but at the end of the day... they’re all just cameras. Do people really waste time making fun of other cameras to justify their own purchases? It’s not like these other cameras are now obsolete because the P4K was released. In my opinion, it’s not worth getting angry or bitter about. And when you’re on a winning team like BlackMagic, why be annoyed? You have a great camera, and if someone is posting for nefarious reasons, you’ll have the last laugh.

Not only him, as well, more than two hundred of commenters so far there in the respective comments section to follow 1.2K likes vs 16 thumbsdown, about 100 against 1 actually ; )

Fully agreed, Glenn.

Alas, human beings are not so linear to live with their own options route : )

Well, not really a surprise when people thoroughly catch a glimpse of their own resources to become wastefully outdated, let alone when they were prior seen as pure first-rate just a few time earlier not so long back : -)

15 hours ago, Emanuel said:

LOL I have the first gimbal designed for P4K under 1 kg and a half for you! ; -)

LOL.

I guess that's in-keeping with the Pocket branding :)

11 hours ago, Turboguard said:

I mean I would buy another camera if the formfactor was even half the size. He speaks about micro so. That would be so much fun to bring on a day of just walking around. My husband uses the LX100-2 and I’m a little jealous of how easy he has it when we take our Sunday photography strolls and I need to carry my pocket4k sigma 18-35 combo beast. 

I hear you - I have the 18-35 and when I got my GH5 I considered buying an adapter but I shoot hand-held and carry the setup around for hours at a time with only one hand, and that weight was just too much, despite it being a great lens.

Depending on how you shoot maybe a couple of primes might be better?

Everyone talking about how much easier things would be if this camera were the Micro. That thing is a pain in the ass. I love it, but real pain. Nothing easy, not small, really when you have to add everything to it.  Comparing to Pocket 4k - which, all you need now is the camera, lens and SD with BRAW. 

Emanuel, I'm interested about this camera, but I will wait till NAB to take decision.

I'm not sure but I'd like this combo: AG-CX350 and Lumix S1, it's my own strategy based on my needs, but I admire what Blackmagic is doing, I'm curious about the new codec Blackmagic RAW, but I use barely DA VINCI RESOLVE and for now, ya know, compatibility issues, I'm more confident with Premiere. 

1 hour ago, seanzzxx said:

Well, this is a bit shocking:

It's too early for any conclusion, especially for shots with so many unknown other parameters (what lens, what compression, etc. etc - and the focus in this video is not quite accurate).

Much more tests are needed to say "shocking" (or "superb"). Good thing that everyone can downgrade to the 6.1 version if not satisfied with the 6.2.

Edit: And the author removed the video. ?

In modern Scots idiom “braw” means good or attractive as in “it’s a braw day” or “you’re braw looking”...  the latter might need to be used with care however (or you’ll be greeted with a 12bit uncompressed “Glasgow kiss”). 

Not, I hasten to add, that it’s my own preferred variation of the Queen’s English.

Playing with the settings after I upgraded reminded me just how superb the BM user interface and menu system is. 

quite a few people have commented about the width of the bmp4k before now, however after seeing the internals of the bmp4k from grants latest video its easy to understand why its like it is . as there's not a lot of room left on that board to add anything else in. to add anything else would probably have the bmp4k looking totally different yet again. i get the impression that grant doesn't like cdng much, i have to speculate aloud now and wonder how much of that is influenced by wanting braw to succeed. i dont know much about braw or cdng to comment either way. i reckon that one thing is for sure with this development there will be a flutter on youtube with sensationalist titles vying for our viewing pleasure.

It would be interesting to see a signal-to-noise analysis of BRAW at various bitrates vs competing formats.  I doubt we'll see one, but after seeing how h265 is roughly the same as h264 with double the bitrate, it might be a similar situation between BRAW and CDNG formats where BRAW gives similar image quality to a much higher bitrate CDNG stream.