Jump to content

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K


Recommended Posts

  • Super Members
4 hours ago, Yannick Willox said:

My first digital audio workstation, designed in 1991-92, bought in 93, was coupled to a Intel 80286 PC. When you just pulled the plug out of the PC, the audio & recording just went on&on without failure. If you pulled the plug out of the DAW itself, the files where there, intact, up to the very moment the power was pulled. Never one corrupted file. 

I'm going to take a wild guess and say it was a Soundscape ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dear erstwhile member can you please stop attacking John Brawley now. I have long since given up on camera forum arguments so might not be completely up on who is right and who is wrong-evil /

I like the pictures. A lot.  This camera will probably replace the micro cinema camera for me as it’s not much bigger and is much easier to work with.  I didn’t feel as strongly about the 4K

What a shame. Who are these "deep state" BMD insiders that are here pushing an agenda ? Myself and Hook.  Who else ?  What do you guys think, there's a plot and conspiracy ?  You guys don't wat t

Posted Images

2 hours ago, dslnc said:

I haven't lost recordings either. The times that the battery depleted during recording the files were alway there and working after a automatic camera shutdown.

Same here, when battery dies randomly, I still have an intact perfect file saved when camera is turned back on. 

 

Also so got my Tilta cage set yesterday! Beyond happy with it, looks great, feels great!

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Turboguard said:

I forgot to order the Tilta T5 holder but my 8sinn works just as good for now. 

B11DBD7F-9FE7-4E51-87D4-7283F5B0CB7A.MOV

Half cage is pretty cool!

the 8sinn seems fine. If you were buying Tilta, would you get the ssd holder that fits just above the screen?

The SSD cable is from the 8sinn implementation?

What do you think about the HDMI adapter?

I didn't know they were still people packets of cigarettes in this world (joke)!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Half cage is pretty cool!

the 8sinn seems fine. If you were buying Tilta, would you get the ssd holder that fits just above the screen?

The SSD cable is from the 8sinn implementation?

What do you think about the HDMI adapter?

I didn't know they were still people packets of cigarettes in this world (joke)!!

I would probably buy the SSD holder if I came across it readily in stock. I don’t mind the 8sinn for now, I’ve never in my life accidentally pulled the cord out while shooting, and am confident that I won’t at the moment.

The hdmi adapter is great, I do wish there was one for the mini xlr as well but don’t know how that would work. 

And YES! Haha, I do not like those vapes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I'm continually impressed by just how nice stills you can get out of the P4K. I was visiting my parents and filmed their kitten a bit - she's more agile than mercury so trying to take actually catch her in focus for a photograph is kinda impossible. Especially if you're dicking around with a 1.2. Much easier to pull out a still from a video clip. Viiru_1_175.1.thumb.jpg.cbba42c8b1f7e266c27bb78b55750a47.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

They look more filmic than the video does. Interesting.

Because a lot of people still don’t know how to color video correctly. They slap on some adjustments to one frame of the shot and then move on to the next. I see it all the time. Working with the stills is easier as you only have that one frame and then, working with say ACR, makes it, again, so much easier. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

They look more filmic than the video does. Interesting.

 

5 hours ago, Turboguard said:

Because a lot of people still don’t know how to color video correctly. They slap on some adjustments to one frame of the shot and then move on to the next. I see it all the time. Working with the stills is easier as you only have that one frame and then, working with say ACR, makes it, again, so much easier. 

 

as Turboguard said I'm still struggled with colour a whole video correctly. Before this camera my workflow is pretty much slap on a decent lut => tweaked a few thing and deliver. My goal this year is to try to up my colour skill.  

This is a video that I did while strolling the street of Melbourne. The sound is actually the on board mic since I din't expect such a performance 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, xzobinx said:

 

 

as Turboguard said I'm still struggled with colour a whole video correctly. Before this camera my workflow is pretty much slap on a decent lut => tweaked a few thing and deliver. My goal this year is to try to up my colour skill.  

This is a video that I did while strolling the street of Melbourne. The sound is actually the on board mic since I din't expect such a performance 

 

Very nice video!

Colour is done very nicely, but if you want to learn more then come over the to this colour grading thread...  

You've done well with the Helios - I don't think it matches my GH5 quite as well as it seems to match the P4K, but it might be that Melbourne overcast light that helps it along perhaps :)

The audio is quite good. I didn't really miss a mic, which is great considering that audio was featured in the video.  Of course, always pack a mic by default :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2019 at 4:13 AM, Anaconda_ said:

I was testing a battery earlier and it died while recording and to my amazement, I didn't have a corrupt file when I put the card in my computer. Does anyone know if the 6.1 update fixed that problem?

We write the file headers/close the file every 5 secs during record, our cameras since the BMCC have always periodically written the headers/closed the file so at most if you lose power you might lose the last 5 secs of the clip. If you lose power before 5 secs of recording, then it could be an issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...