Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

29 minutes ago, Shirozina said:

Back on topic to something maybe useful - Firmware 6.1 is out ( sorry no BRAW). It has some minor improvements but at present if you are using adapters ( Viltrox, Metabones etc) you will loose aperture control so be warned. I assume they will fix this shortly.....

Shit. Thanks for the heads up. I updated last night but did no testing. Looks like my MB is getting unmounted for the time being.

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 minute ago, Anaconda_ said:

My Viltrox still works. I'm pretty sure I'm on the v2.3 firmware for it and don't have any loss of aperture or anything wrong.

Yes it's the latest viltrox firmware that's not working with the latest 6.1 BM firmware

3 hours ago, Shirozina said:

Back on topic to something maybe useful - Firmware 6.1 is out ( sorry no BRAW). It has some minor improvements but at present if you are using adapters ( Viltrox, Metabones etc) you will loose aperture control so be warned. I assume they will fix this shortly.....

Just FYI, my Metabones EF-MFT Speed Booster .71x running v3.00 & the Sigma 18-35 adjusts the aperture properly, even after updating the camera firmware last night. The AF doesn't work, but that didn't work before either. 

50 minutes ago, Shirozina said:

Yes it's the latest viltrox firmware that's not working with the latest 6.1 BM firmware

So now the latest Viltrox firmware stops the IS on Canon lenses AND doesn't allow aperture changes? What did Viltrox fix with the updates?

4 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

So now the latest Viltrox firmware stops the IS on Canon lenses AND doesn't allow aperture changes? What did Viltrox fix with the updates?

Their promise not to support Blackmagic cameras I guess?

Meike make super cheap all manual lenses with click-less aperture. I have their 28mm f2.8  on my GX80 95% I’d the time and consistently get nice shots with it. 

Of course being manual they also work with the p4k

22 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Does anyone know if Black Magic ever officially confirmed BRAW will come to the Pocket 4k? 

Grant Petty, CEO of the BM Design, said so in his presentation of BRAW (at 4:29 and 27:14):

9 minutes ago, matthere said:

BM Raw coming soon?RAWtour.thumb.jpg.933a4a3f82594b27cd99569e61e4aa6d.jpg

I doubt that the designer of that brochure has inside information about the timing of the release of BRAW for the P4K. However, that is only about two weeks away, so I will cross my fingers and hope for release within the next couple of weeks! 

I did notice that the new firmware has made the camera *much* more stable. I have taken it on a couple of shoots since the firmware update and haven't seen any of the previous issues that I encountered prior to the update (like the damn camera reformatting the T5 drive on its own while glitching #$#%#!!)

1 hour ago, drm said:

I doubt that the designer of that brochure has inside information about the timing of the release of BRAW for the P4K. However, that is only about two weeks away, so I will cross my fingers and hope for release within the next couple of weeks! 

I did notice that the new firmware has made the camera *much* more stable. I have taken it on a couple of shoots since the firmware update and haven't seen any of the previous issues that I encountered prior to the update (like the damn camera reformatting the T5 drive on its own while glitching #$#%#!!)

Luckily I haven't had a single issue with mine.

2 hours ago, kye said:

wow.......

Yep. I was pissed. Luckily, I was just testing the camera at the time and only had test footage on the drive. Every once in a while, the screen will just go crazy and start acting like someone is clicking around on the screen. I have seen it happen maybe 3 or 4 times. At least once, the camera decided to open the external drive menu, then clicks on through until the drive is reformatted. I haven't seen this with the new firmware. I will let everyone know if I see it again.

21 minutes ago, drm said:

Yep. I was pissed. Luckily, I was just testing the camera at the time and only had test footage on the drive. Every once in a while, the screen will just go crazy and start acting like someone is clicking around on the screen. I have seen it happen maybe 3 or 4 times. At least once, the camera decided to open the external drive menu, then clicks on through until the drive is reformatted. I haven't seen this with the new firmware. I will let everyone know if I see it again.

I had that screen bug and they replaced it right away. Received a new camera just 3 days after I spoke to customer support. 

36 minutes ago, drm said:

13 minutes ago, Turboguard said:

I had that screen bug and they replaced it right away. Received a new camera just 3 days after I spoke to customer support. 

Sounds like a faulty touchscreen sensing ghost touches.  

...or you're haunted!!  (when is Halloween again? 😈😈😈)