Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, xzobinx said:

why the hate?

Confirmation bias from people who have already made up their mind based on the brand/their wallet/having invested into other ecosystem and grasp for reinforcement for their belief.

3 hours ago, xzobinx said:

the same that I used only different capacity. This is one thing I don't understand why people keep complaining about how expensive media this camera use. You can use dirt cheap card or cheap ssd. why the hate?

I have C-Fast and V90 cards but I find it easier  just to plug in a 1TB SSD . This is an often overlooked factor when comparing it say to the GH5s which needs V60 and probably to be sure V90 which adds a considerable cost to the camera. 

1 hour ago, Shirozina said:

I have C-Fast and V90 cards but I find it easier  just to plug in a 1TB SSD . This is an often overlooked factor when comparing it say to the GH5s which needs V60 and probably to be sure V90 which adds a considerable cost to the camera. 

And for people that run it as a studio camera, they could even just plug it into a large cheap HDD, assuming that it could handle the bitrate.  That would make the setup cheaper again.

All new cameras should have a USB port as a media option :)

On the subject of Sandisk 95mb/s, BMD have this to say:

Please note that we have discovered an issue with the newer revision of the Sandisk Extreme Pro UHS-I SDXC 95 MB/s cards that begin with the product prefix SDSDXXG. 

These cards do not work with the following products:

1. Pocket Cinema Camera 
2. Micro Cinema Camera 
3. Video Assist
4. Video Assist 4K

We believe that these new cards have the V30 rating on them.

Currently, only Sandisk Extreme Pro UHS-I SDXC 95 MB/s cards that begin with the product prefix SDSDXP are compatible.

https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83050

18 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

On the subject of Sandisk 95mb/s, BMD have this to say:

Please note that we have discovered an issue with the newer revision of the Sandisk Extreme Pro UHS-I SDXC 95 MB/s cards that begin with the product prefix SDSDXXG. 

These cards do not work with the following products:

1. Pocket Cinema Camera 
2. Micro Cinema Camera 
3. Video Assist
4. Video Assist 4K

We believe that these new cards have the V30 rating on them.

Currently, only Sandisk Extreme Pro UHS-I SDXC 95 MB/s cards that begin with the product prefix SDSDXP are compatible.

https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83050

These are older BMD products, they work fine with P4K.

I do believe that the samsung T5 issues only isolated to the 500gb or 250 gb models. I have 1Tb and 2Tb versions and never have any problems connecting. The 500 gb I tested on the other hand did established some trouble connecting pre FW6.1 

As we are all aware even in the same line of media the higher capacity normally have higher spec. I suspect this unreliable ssd connection issue coming from the fact that BM should have quoted the specific model in their list instead of the whole line up. 

4 hours ago, xzobinx said:

I do believe that the samsung T5 issues only isolated to the 500gb or 250 gb models. I have 1Tb and 2Tb versions and never have any problems connecting. The 500 gb I tested on the other hand did established some trouble connecting pre FW6.1 

As we are all aware even in the same line of media the higher capacity normally have higher spec. I suspect this unreliable ssd connection issue coming from the fact that BM should have quoted the specific model in their list instead of the whole line up. 

Have 1TB and 500GB and haven’t had issues at all. I received my P4K in September. 

14 hours ago, JordanWright said:

Looks like Blackmagic Raw isn't to far away! Someone from the Blackmagic forum went to a Blackmagic camera masterclass and noticed the P4K was running firmware with Blackmagic Raw installed. 

Screen%20Shot%202019-02-11%20at%207.33.46%20PM.png

WOW!