Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

7 hours ago, kye said:

In the absence of the camera doing it, I recall @BTM_Pix was talking about such a device for transferring files from any media to and other media in the field?

Yes.

The Rock64, for example, is an SBC that has a USB3 port on it and has the same form factor as a Raspberry Pi so it can use all the same shields (in this case one of the cheap 3.5" touch screens) and can run Open Media Vault for file handling.

Combined with the cfast/sata dual reader/writer that I mentioned above you can make a backup device with decent copy speed and an easy interface that will fit in your pocket for less than £100.

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, Newway12 said:

I’m trying to update my firmware, but for some reason my computer isn’t recognizing my usb device (the camera) anyone have any suggestions?

Right now it only works with USB 2.0 on Windows, that might be it?

@Davide Roveri  Thanks for providing your BRAW update post!  It is great to hear that it is 100%.    It would be hard to imagine BRAW will not being released by NAB, hopefully much sooner.

Did they talk about BRAW de-mosaic filtering adding a half-stop of dynamic range to the footage as compared CDMG?  I understand that Pro Res on the Pocket 4K already uses the BRAW de-mosaic...

Thanks!

Mark

On 2/20/2019 at 5:37 AM, seanzzxx said:

Just a quick question - in Davinci Resolve in Color Space Transform, Input Color Space still doesn't have a Pocket 4K FIlm option? Am I missing something? Thanks!

Gen 4 uses a common defined gamut so you can use Broadcast Film for space (Broadcast Film gamut is the same as Pocket4K/UMP/etc Gen 4 gamut) and Pocket 4K Film for gamma. Hopefully this will be cleaned up a little in a future update.

10 hours ago, CaptainHook said:

Gen 4 uses a common defined gamut so you can use Broadcast Film for space (Broadcast Film gamut is the same as Pocket4K/UMP/etc Gen 4 gamut) and Pocket 4K Film for gamma. Hopefully this will be cleaned up a little in a future update.

hey!
Do you know if there will be any fix for the red channel going beyond gamut limits and clipping quite easily?
There are many workarounds atm (using CST with saturation mapping, gamut limiter etc) but they only really work when working with RAW footage. The issue seems to be baked into ProRes files.

Thanks

Nifty new battery sled:

It's a little expensive compared to other variations of the same thing. But the LEDs indicating how much power you have left are pretty great, 2 USBs for charging/powering other devices And the ability to charge NPF batteries on the sled all kind of make up the difference.

https://cvp.com/product/blind-spot-gear-bsg-1302-007-01-power-junkie

3 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

Nifty new battery sled:

It's a little expensive compared to other variations of the same thing. But the LEDs indicating how much power you have left are pretty great, 2 USBs for charging/powering other devices And the ability to charge NPF batteries on the sled all kind of make up the difference.

https://cvp.com/product/blind-spot-gear-bsg-1302-007-01-power-junkie

Interesting.

I am very happy with this solution from IDX though, USB, X-tap (IDX's D-tap equivalent) and battery capacity light indicators.

https://cvp.com/product/idx_sl-f50_battery

Very convenient size for my SmallHD Focus and small lights also.

Emanuel, some days ago, I've watched this video too, I was re-considering the Blackmagic Pocket, but Panasonic S1 seems more appealing. I'm waiting for NAB to make more clear considerations about all cameras. C200 has a great image but with zoom lens is about 3,5kg, it's unusable for run and gun scenarios. Blackmagic pocket has many flaws (battery, lcd is not orientable) etc...this is the reason I'm looking for a Panasonic S1.

To each its own. S1 will be a hybrid. P4K is not. But it definitely is not also that, what only a couple of detractors, haters, whoever, spread as mere FUD at the end. Well, to keep it frankly for both sides, the odd availability doesn't help at all either.

Battery is not a problem, neither LCD, much well positioned angle BTW. On the contrary, no other camera offers similar monitor(ing) quality, actually. If you'll succeed to get one.

And so on.

You use it once, you'll never want to shoot with anything else (eleven Panasonic cameras still in my inventory as of today : )

Let alone the WB setting + the most intuitive interface a camera had and you'll see what I mean. Not even need to mention RAW.

Un saluto per la bella Campania a tutti voi, I miss you all,

E : -)

Dear Emanuel, thanks for suggestions. I think RAW exceeds my needs as Canon RAW format. I've tested Prores from Blackmagic and it's very good, very fluid on my iMac Pro and you can make some good CC without problems. I wish that Panasonic would have included Prores also in S1 but the next firmware with 4:2:2 would be sufficient for me. However I'll take some decision after NAB in April! Un saluto al Portogallo, spero avrai modo di ritornare qui, nel prossimo futuro. 🙂 This forum is very interesting! 🙂