Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

6 hours ago, xzobinx said:

as Turboguard said I'm still struggled with colour a whole video correctly. Before this camera my workflow is pretty much slap on a decent lut => tweaked a few thing and deliver. My goal this year is to try to up my colour skill.  

This is a video that I did while strolling the street of Melbourne. The sound is actually the on board mic since I din't expect such a performance 

Very nice video!

Colour is done very nicely, but if you want to learn more then come over the to this colour grading thread...  

You've done well with the Helios - I don't think it matches my GH5 quite as well as it seems to match the P4K, but it might be that Melbourne overcast light that helps it along perhaps :)

The audio is quite good. I didn't really miss a mic, which is great considering that audio was featured in the video.  Of course, always pack a mic by default :)

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

i've removed mine. You can just do it by hand my pulling as close to the base of the port cover near the hole as possible. It takes a while but eventually they will pop out. They can also be reinstalled but that took me a while also.

On 2/28/2019 at 4:13 AM, Anaconda_ said:

I was testing a battery earlier and it died while recording and to my amazement, I didn't have a corrupt file when I put the card in my computer. Does anyone know if the 6.1 update fixed that problem?

We write the file headers/close the file every 5 secs during record, our cameras since the BMCC have always periodically written the headers/closed the file so at most if you lose power you might lose the last 5 secs of the clip. If you lose power before 5 secs of recording, then it could be an issue.

On 3/2/2019 at 4:19 PM, kye said:

Very nice video!

Colour is done very nicely, but if you want to learn more then come over the to this colour grading thread...  

You've done well with the Helios - I don't think it matches my GH5 quite as well as it seems to match the P4K, but it might be that Melbourne overcast light that helps it along perhaps :)

The audio is quite good. I didn't really miss a mic, which is great considering that audio was featured in the video.  Of course, always pack a mic by default :)

Thanks I would give it a shot once I've caught up with my projects. Coming from Vietnam, I have to say that screenshot you took really reminds me of home :) 

On 3/2/2019 at 9:55 AM, JordanWright said:

Fantastic video! great example of the P4k and Helios. 

Thanks for the kind words. It is a really lovely len. I'm planning to get the 85 1.5 reissue and a focal reducer for m43-m42 as well. If only there is a wider angle len with the same look, I would be set. 

2 minutes ago, xzobinx said:

Thanks for the kind words. It is a really lovely len. I'm planning to get the 85 1.5 reissue and a focal reducer for m43-m42 as well. If only there is a wider angle len with the same look, I would be set. 

There is.  The Russians didn't just hang around drinking vodka during the Cold War :)

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?152436-Russian-Soviet-USSR-Lens-Survival-Guide

and here are some samples from the set:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNtAbAeqHYSKyOnPbE-3AuIxzmeVFZCbWCspWF1jCuvHBihhbHbMULc5rMa1xtdBA?key=YWd5QW1tYm5OOERoeHpBSHg1TlJiUEptOGVKSmNB

1 minute ago, kye said:

Gosh now I wish I have never asked 😂. The hunt begins 

Just now, xzobinx said:

Gosh now I wish I have never asked 😂. The hunt begins 

LOL.  yeah, I know!

Seriously, read that thread on reduser, it's got heaps of info all the way through.  IIRC there were at least three companies (or brands?) involved, Helios, Tair, and Jupiter.  I believe they were made across multiple factories over the time, so it's more complicated than just the three.  That guy made a set with all three, but they have a lot of lenses that overlap, for example there are  both Helios 44 (58mm f2) and Helios 77 (50mm f1.8), as well as Tair-11A (135mm F2.8) and Jupiter-11A (135mm F4), so there are many options.  

The USSR was an entire other isolated economy during that time.

i'm so excited.... got an email today saying my bmp4k had been shipped out today, so fingers crossed i might have it for the weekend :)

whats the saying again ?  life begins with your new bmp4k😉

4 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

That’s awesome @leslie - when did you order? Are the lists getting shorter yet?

early october from lemac australia  i rang about two or more weeks ago and was told they had 20-30 pre orders and i was somewhere in the the Que

P4K updates:

Added Blackmagic RAW codec support.

Added Constant Bitrate 3:1, 5:1, 8:1, 12:1 recording for Blackmagic RAW.

Added Constant Quality Q0 and Q5 recording for Blackmagic RAW.

Added support for double tap on touchscreen zoom.

Changed tap to focus behavior to tap and hold to focus.

Removed CinemaDNG formats.

--------

Will be updating as soon as I get home. Super pumped.