Jump to content
Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Guys and girls, how is your order status so far?

I asked the official BM importer here and they couldn't give me a timetable for delivery. They still haven't service pre-orders from months ago, so I didn't pre order yet.

Has anyone NOT received his pre-ordered P4K yet? And when do you people pre-ordered.

I pre-ordered about 23 of August and still waiting. This is in Finland. I am little upset because BM is so silent. 3 months and not a word what is going on with the camera shipments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, mercer said:

RE: comparison test... IMO this test should be performed outdoors where the BMPCC shines. Also, the test should include IR Cut filtration... with and without. I have noticed what appears to be IR contamination in P4K footage and others online have thought so too, but the believers adamantly fight against its existence. I’m very curious to know if I ever get my hands on one, if I’ll need an IR Cut Filter. Another question with the P4K compared to the OG is that the P4K does not handle highlights as well... so a test shot showing highlight rolloff would be excellent.

I only see people who don't have one trying to sustain to themselves their miss... LOL : -)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BopBill said:

I pre-ordered about 23 of August and still waiting. This is in Finland. I am little upset because BM is so silent. 3 months and not a word what is going on with the camera shipments.

Upsetting..at least. They delivered only a few in my country just after their first release..instead of sending more, it seems they slowed down production!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Emanuel said:

I only see people who don't have one trying to sustain to themselves their miss... LOL : -)

Well there must be a hell of a lot of people in that same boat, because hardly anyone seems to be able to buy one. A real Jackass rollout. 😒

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Well there must be a hell of a lot of people in that same boat, because hardly anyone seems to be able to buy one. A real Jackass rollout. 😒

I guess that’s the question... is a camera even considered released if only 100 of the thousands of preorders are filled?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Blackmagic ought to at Least get off their ass and tell the truth up front right now what the hell is going on, and when they REALLY expect deliveries to All countries. I realize they are a small company, but you are allowed, no matter the size, to let people into what is happening. This shit does effect peoples lives, and livelihoods. Jesus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can speak for only the US, but they are delivering in less than a month for sure. I've purchased 3, multiple vendors. There are thousands in circulation for certain. 

The post above from Finland is a real bummer. But here in the US you can get one if you just order and wait a couple weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jonesy Jones said:

I can speak for only the US, but they are delivering in less than a month for sure. I've purchased 3, multiple vendors. There are thousands in circulation for certain. 

The post above from Finland is a real bummer. But here in the US you can get one if you just order and wait a couple weeks. 

You are getting our cameras, shame on you, sir!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our weather is crappy through until about Wednesday so I'll start doing some outdoor shots first since they are the easiest. I'll shoot each in succession and pay attention to shooting things that don't have a ton of change from minute to minute. All on 24-70, and closely match focal length. I'll match the f stops and shoot all with and without IR Cut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Well there must be a hell of a lot of people in that same boat, because hardly anyone seems to be able to buy one. A real Jackass rollout. 😒

I ordered 3 the day after the announcement. I was around #20 on their list. It took me until late October / early November to get mine.

By the way, on the battery front. I shot yesterday from ~10:30am until about 5:00pm on one battery and had about 75% charge left. With a good v-mount battery, there are no power concerns ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's possible to put a dummy battery trough this monitor with npf? 

http://www.swit.cc/productshow.aspx?id=320

The output voltage is the same of the battery mounted.... So 7,2 volt if I use this:

https://www.amazon.it/CCD-TR200-CCD-TR215-CCD-TR300-CCD-TR3000-CCD-TR3300/dp/B00V87YDKC/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?__mk_it_IT=ÅMÅZÕÑ&qid=1549051646&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=patona+npf990&dpPl=1&dpID=41mChpby16L&ref=plSrch

 

Any risk? 

I haven't my pocket yet (put my order the 4th November and still waiting :(

With 10400 mAh how many hours the bmpcc4k can shoots? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, graphicnatured said:

Our weather is crappy through until about Wednesday so I'll start doing some outdoor shots first since they are the easiest. I'll shoot each in succession and pay attention to shooting things that don't have a ton of change from minute to minute. All on 24-70, and closely match focal length. I'll match the f stops and shoot all with and without IR Cut.

Great stuff!

I'll make a new thread so we stop clogging up this one :)

Edit: done.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2019 at 6:38 PM, BopBill said:

I pre-ordered about 23 of August and still waiting. This is in Finland. 

I had mine out in Lapland filming aurora last night (-25) and it performed superbly. Was shooting 6/25 so approx 4x speed. I’ll try real time possibly this evening. I might have knocked the cable but the recording switched from SSD to cFast which is something I need to check.

Once it arrives you’ll enjoy it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Snowfun said:

I had mine out in Lapland filming aurora last night (-25) and it performed superbly. Was shooting 6/25 so approx 4x speed. I’ll try real time possibly this evening. I might have knocked the cable but the recording switched from SSD to cFast which is something I need to check.

Once it arrives you’ll enjoy it!

So it performs in cold too, display too but must have been quite slow.

Yeah. I have bought Ronin-S with DJI's focus motor and some lenses. They are waiting for the P4K.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Snowfun said:

I had mine out in Lapland filming aurora last night (-25) and it performed superbly. Was shooting 6/25 so approx 4x speed. I’ll try real time possibly this evening. I might have knocked the cable but the recording switched from SSD to cFast which is something I need to check.

Once it arrives you’ll enjoy it!

Inform us if the recording switching succeeded when you can,please.

Lapland should be great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2019 at 3:15 PM, jack86 said:

With 10400 mAh how many hours the bmpcc4k can shoots? 

@jack86 My Wasabi LP-E6 batteries are 7.2V,  2600mAh = 18.7Wh. With that battery, I get from 30-45 mins of runtime. My Sony NP-F970 batteries are 7.4V, 6600mAh = 48.84Wh. So, if you are using a dummy battery with the Sony NP-F970, I would expect to get from 80 mins to 2 hours of runtime. 

I suggest that you do *not* use a dummy battery. Put a normal battery in the camera. From your external battery, run an adapter cable to the 2 pin power connector on the side of the BMPCC4K camera. This way, your camera will keep running while you swap batteries. When you remove your external power, the camera seamlessly switches to internal power. This will allow you to run all day.

This is actually one of my pet peeves about my GH5's and GH5S cameras. I run them with battery grips. If you remove the battery from the battery grip before the camera has switched to the internal battery, the camera will reboot. I have caused a camera to reboot from this numerous times on a shoot. Even worse, is you know that you will need to swap the handgrip battery soon, then forget to do it :( 

You can get Sony NP battery plates that output 12V. Then, you just need to get the cable to adapt to the BMPCC4K power input.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...