Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

7 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

I'm still trying to find a supplier for the e-ND that can make a larger piece

Wait till you see what this one does.....

1614997055_P4K_BLE_FOCUS002.thumb.jpg.76cf6004aeaa4b23a4fa112ee3d294b2.jpg

I love big knobs! Tell us! (Nice "marketing" picture also).

As of the ND solution, in mount is good enough for me, as I will be using it run n gun with native m43 glass and then is when I need most an e-ND solution.

I could do both options of course.

Seriously, if I set the ND issue I am ordering the P4K the next day.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
21 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

I love big knobs! 

:) 

Its for focus control.

Unlike the small Record Start/Stop one, this one can control all the parameters as well as monitor them.

It also has the multiple recallable Aperture/ISO/Shutter/Temp/Tint memory slots functionality from my app.

The focus controller works with native MFT lenses and EF lenses on Metabones smart adapters and has adjustable rotation range (i.e. how many complete turns it takes to go from minimum focus to infinity) and one shot AF by pressing the wheel in.

As per my app it has storable focus points with the option to instantly switch or with a selectable transition rate.

The big difference with this though is that there is also a manual option where you control the transition with the wheel.

Internal battery recharged by USB and can also be used while being charged that way too.

Time from switch on to connected and controlling the camera is around 3 seconds so a lot quicker than an app.

32 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Nice "marketing" picture also

Haha....it was just a quick picture to show @Andrew Reid that it is daylight viewable.

It is actually a terrible marketing picture for my balcony wall cleaning skills though  !

@BTM_Pix thought so, but its even better ofcourse!

Is this going to be kickstarted also?

After the Lukilink fiasco I "promised" myself I would never kickstart again, but I can easily change my mind anyway!

Congrats, you are on a roll as of late!

All those increase the usability of the P4K significantly.

I am not lying when I say that I will get the camera because of you. 

Thank you.

• Super Members
32 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

@BTM_Pix thought so, but its even better ofcourse!

Is this going to be kickstarted also?

After the Lukilink fiasco I "promised" myself I would never kickstart again, but I can easily change my mind anyway!

Congrats, you are on a roll as of late!

All those increase the usability of the P4K significantly.

I am not lying when I say that I will get the camera because of you. 

Thank you.

Yes it will be on Kickstarter.

I understand the apprehension about Kickstarter to be honest but rest assured nothing of mine will ever be going on there until it is ready to go from a functionality point of view, which both this and the small one already more or less are.

The problems with Kickstarter invariably happen when it is being used to fund development rather than just funding production.

I'll put up a small video when time allows next week to show both of them in operation.

The small one has another trick (or two) up its sleeve that I'll also show in the video.

• Super Members
13 minutes ago, independent said:

Can you develop an app to bring the same functionality to an Apple Watch or smartwatch? 

You mean you don't like the very stylish red strapped version of this one ?

;)

The AppleWatch is something I've considered (as well as the Android equivalents when I made the app) but, in all honesty, my conclusion was that its overkill for this task in terms of complexity and certainly in terms of cost.

The advantage with this (apart from it only being €60) is that you can attach it to a tripod or gimbal far easier than a watch and the expansion port offers us more possibility to extend what it can control.

It'll make more sense when you see one of the expansion units.

1783872750_P4K_STICK003.thumb.jpg.b6989e8be3ef1cb9a57565e3f36188ce.jpg

12 minutes ago, icarrere said:

Hi,

really nice!

I would add a blocking mecanism, to block all buttons. 

Keep on

You mean you would like to lock out controls from being able to be operated from the camera itself ?

4 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

The over exposed highlights are ugly. 

I think that blown out highlights might be the worst aspect of poor quality digital, for me at least.  Worse even than poor resolution, over-sharpening, or low-bitrates with macro-blocking.

That's one of the primary benefits of shooting with 10+ bit depth, you can expose for the greatest DR and then choose your middle exposure in post while applying a nice highlight roll-off, and do it without breaking the image.  To this end, I haven't really noticed the DR of my GH5 being too low as I can normally get the exposure I want and also not clip highlights.