Jump to content

Canon removing 24p from new 4K mirrorless cameras - THE MEMES


Andrew Reid
 Share

Recommended Posts

Its not funny. A Canon rep told there is a legitimate reason for no 24p. He said something about the way the sensor is read out. He said that Canon wants it to operate at a perfect temperature. It runs too cold at 24p, but is at an optimum temp at 30p. It was done for the benefit of the camera.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

I am curious to know the story behind the Italian one. Did the old dictator have a bit of a stroke or just out of it on drugs?

Please take that video off, don't offend a people ... anyway ...he was just old in that old video

first learn history ... in Italy not in a foreign country.

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giulio_Andreotti

has nothing to do with Canon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

I am curious to know the story behind the Italian one. Did the old dictator have a bit of a stroke or just out of it on drugs?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giulio_Andreotti

He was a Cristian Democrat elected by universal suffrage.

He suffered an ischemic stroke in his 89 year-old body during a TV live show presented by Paola Perego on Sundays in that year of 2008.

 

EDIT -- @maxmizer I hadn't seen your post yet.

I don't think Andrew had done in any way other than as our societies today are much influenced by the dominant anglo cultures : )

As Agostinho da Silva once said, Rome transferred itself to Iberian Peninsula five centuries ago and the Brits brought it to the other side of Atlantic. When they took the seas, to begin with, I'd dare to add and say with the triumph on both Industrial Revolution and capitalism as binomial success with the economy to rule the thinking worldwide and the wars to split the people of our old continent twice in the last century. (E. )

 

PS: Reason why I believe there's a strong reason why we should all worry ourselves with the Brexit process, a really dangerous setback if it will happen as seems probable to occur when there's no statemen like Churchill, De Gaulle, Khol, Andreotti, as for instance, anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, maxmizer said:

Please take that video off, don't offend a people ... anyway ...he was just old in that old video

first learn history ... in Italy not in a foreign country.

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giulio_Andreotti

has nothing to do with Canon

You're saying I need to actually come to the country to understand what's happening here?

I was there two years ago, my 73 year old Dad got pickpocketed within the first few hours, lesson learned!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Cliff Totten said:

Its not funny. A Canon rep told there is a legitimate reason for no 24p. He said something about the way the sensor is read out. He said that Canon wants it to operate at a perfect temperature. It runs too cold at 24p, but is at an optimum temp at 30p. It was done for the benefit of the camera.

 So they are the only brand that don't know how to properly regulate the sensor temperature, as all other brands offers 24p ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Brian Williams said:

(...)

I was there two years ago, my 73 year old Dad got pickpocketed within the first few hours, lesson learned!

Where exactly? I am not Italian but I can tell you there's no one Italy, but much distinct ones... As much as many places ; )

You instead risk to be killed at the hands of a gang in LA if you go for a walk in certain parts of the town and you pick up a T-shirt to dress with the wrong color. I can assure you this won't happen in any place in Europe as far as I know or had heard about. There's no even (we will) mention mass shootings, go figure... ; -)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Garug said:

People who need 24p can afford cameras that have it. 24p truly is no match for 60 Hz monitors.  I would be happy if 24p would one day be gone from internet, but much more likely that I have 120 Hz monitor before that happens and then it does not matter anymore.

How do we do this in Europe them? We have 25fps and most monitors are also 60 Hz somehow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...