Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Shot on: Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K (BMPCC4K)
Lenses: Voigtlander 17.5mm f/0.95 and Super Takumar 50mm f/1.4
Resolution and codec: 4K DCI, RAW 4:1, 24P and 60p
ISO: between 400 and 3200.
Edited and graded on DaVinci Resolve 15
LUTs used: BMPCC4K film to extended video (from Blackmagic)
No grain added in post, No denoiser in post

31 minutes ago, Snuff said:

Looks like P4K is a great match / B Camera to the Ursa Mini. With the GH5/ GH5s I think there's some work to be done to achieve this kind of colors so I'm not sure if the P4K will be an easy combo with the GH5s

48 minutes ago, Snuff said:

It is a nice video but in some scenes there is a lot of noise, what do you think about it? 

1 hour ago, Dan Wake said:

It is a nice video but in some scenes there is a lot of noise, what do you think about it? 

People infer it is hard to get good outcome with the Pocket. I see exactly the opposite. No experience with it yet. The idea I get from there is that you won't need to struggle with highlights in order to have them under control. The absence of artifacts, moiré, etc. For the price too. Clean low light performance, but also pleasant filmic noise where happens. High standard codecs (let alone BRAW when will arrive) will keep away the usual 8-bit macroblocking we tend to see from low bit rate. Aside the fact you won't easily find that film-like look unless going to post with other digital acquisition tools (when not much limited to below 10-bit), count on it ; ) Not to mention all the stuff this brand has gotten us used to it. Don't tell me the price range is irrelevant... LOL ; -)

There's no other similar offer in the segment and that's nice to know. A good reason to demand top service from the manufacturer. Business policies related, as well.

In a word, a no-brainer : -)

5 minutes ago, mnewxcv said:

thanks, that is what I have been looking at and a lot of people speak highly of it. Open to other suggestions as well. Looking for a suitable replacement for NX1/16-50S. 

This is the one you Really want and need LoL. It has the manual clutch which is great for video. Used they aren't that bad. But no OIS.

https://www.amazon.com/Olympus-M-ZUIKO-DIGITAL-12-40mm-Interchangeable/dp/B00EY3YGBS

2 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

This is the one you Really want and need LoL. It has the manual clutch which is great for video. Used they aren't that bad.

https://www.amazon.com/Olympus-M-ZUIKO-DIGITAL-12-40mm-Interchangeable/dp/B00EY3YGBS

not bad at all, but OIS is a must for me on my daily carry lens. Doesn't seem like that lens has it.

3 minutes ago, matthere said:

Has anyone with the camera tried any wide/ultra wide lenses yet? There seem to be reports of some focus issues..

http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.php?22425-Soft-edges-with-wide-angle-lenses-on-the-BMP4K

There are no distortion corrections on the PK4 that I know of. So I am sure it is not so hot.

Just now, wyrlyn said:

this is the best all-aound lens for the camera https://www.amazon.com/Olympus-M-Zuiko-Digital-12-100mm-Black/dp/B01LWC5IMC?ref_=bl_dp_s_web_2530050011#customerReviews

12-100 wide-to tele

sharp

whaterproof

great construction

great smooth focus ring

fixed apreture

and IOS.

well dang. Guess I will need to save a little longer. Either that or get the 12-35 and a 40-100(ish) as a secondary. As much as I would love it in one lens, f4.0 just isn't good enough for every situation.