Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

5 minutes ago, Jn- said:

Theres already enough negativity here, and I doubt if ManchesterGate is yet completely behind us.

I don't think it is negativity. It isn't only here. People have different opinions. 

Good points in this video:

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
59 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Who? You. You are not everyone, man. Not at all. Come here to call dictator to someone else... LOL

I do it, as for instance. Not idea in your background, but I categorize a camera under different perspectives, being price range one of them. Speaks two decades and a half on this industry ; -)

So by your theory, BMD should have taken away 10bit, RAW, XLR, etc from the Pocket4K because it is in a similar price bracket to cameras that don't have those features and to compete, it needs to copy the specs of the other cameras that are the same price. Do you really know anything about business? 

It's like comparing a $40,000 four wheel drive to a $40,000 sports car and complaining that the sports car got stuck on the steep, loose off road section and should have come with a four wheel drive mode because it was the same price as the 4x4. Utterly ridiculous! Two cars, same price, completely different categories.

Generally, people don't categorise something just because it's the same price. If you do, then good luck to you. Many here would't compare the Pocket4K with a smartphone as while they might share a similar price, they were designed to do different things. Two decades in the industry should have taught you that. I know it has for me!

All the best Emanuel.

16 minutes ago, A_Urquhart said:

Generally, people don't categorise something just because it's the same price. If you do, then good luck to you. Many here would't compare the Pocket4K with a smartphone as while they might share a similar price, they were designed to do different things. Two decades in the industry should have taught you that. I know it has for me!

All the best Emanuel.

I don't see a product exclusively for my use. Personal use or work. I see it not only from my background or experience. I also help others to make their own choices. Yes, I see it not only from my own knowledge, from a scientific perspective because tech is science, but science is not only tech ; )

There are several equations these boards tend to neglect, being Economics only one of them. This makes any industry though. Such standpoint childishly ignores know-how, that's all. Market, in a word. All of us should have that variable to comprehend any tech talk. Unfortunately, if someone comes here to mention it, the reading over here is taken by 'features whining' instead. Or exclusively under a certain personal perspective or experience. We are here to trade different angles and POVs, I guess. BTW, I'd like to address you by your name too but I am unable to have that real information from you (E : -)

1 hour ago, A_Urquhart said:

So by your theory, BMD should have taken away 10bit, RAW, XLR, etc from the Pocket4K because it is in a similar price bracket to cameras that don't have those features and to compete, it needs to copy the specs of the other cameras that are the same price. Do you really know anything about business?

Once you are editing your own post and introducing another paragraph (now as prologue LOL) here I am again to address you that question in disguise of another personal attack.

Still without clue who you are. You instead have that link in my signature which can give you full disclosure who I am, from where I am coming. Real world, fellow ; ) I never said what you're inferring from my posting. Please don't put words in my keyboard I didn't write. I only said attitude this company has.

You know or should know if you are in this industry as real customer, to have a product out there means much more than a sale. It means to offer reliability, support, good communication, only to mention a few.

I referred myself to business policies and lack of view on the segment they've introduced this offer. US $1-1.5K segment where hybrids have arrived and changing this industry. Take a look on the success of this website where we are and do a fair comparison with the remaining out there only to have a better glance on topic ; -)

I'm sorry but I will not repeat myself. You have the chance to read my posts following my profile. Good luck!

PS: Now a second paragraph you've added... When will you stop to protect your argument, dude? I won't bother to answer anymore. My time is paid by myself, pal ; ) Nuff said. The most funny is to have now Captain Hook to downvote some of my criticism. C'mon guys... I had inside information Grant Petty could be monitoring these lines, so be careful with your free speech... LOL ; ) Good chance to address some of our concerns, isn't it? ; -)

4 minutes ago, shooter said:

Yes, this can be a good camera but... I have heard there are hardware limitations with the free version of Resolve. Why?

The camera comes with the full version of Resolve Studio which would normally cost USD$299. No limitations like the free version of resolve.

Just now, A_Urquhart said:

The camera comes with the full version of Resolve Studio which would normally cost USD$299. No limitations like the free version of resolve.

That's not what I have heard. You would need more powerful hardware with the free version of Resolve.

6 minutes ago, shooter said:

That's not what I have heard. You would need more powerful hardware with the free version of Resolve.

I have the camera and it came with Resolve Studio. Resolve studio is not the free version. You may be getting confused because people say that the camera comes with Resolve for free but I can assure you, it is Resolve Studio. I'm not all that familiar with all the differences but know that for example, the free version does not support dual GFX cards while Resolve Studio does. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 11.23.36 am.png

2 minutes ago, shooter said:

I am referring the other one you can download.

But aren't we talking about the Pocket4K here? You said that this could be a good camera but....hardware limitations. There are no hardware limitations with this camera and it's included software.

6 minutes ago, shooter said:

This is a good offer. Nobody denies that. Don't shoot please :lol::grin:

Nonetheless, I wonder why a company limits the hardware to use with a free version...

It is an incentive to buy the studio version. But really, most other companies don't offer a free version of their software at all. 

I understand that. Isn't it strange? They look like Santa. Fanboys everywhere. This is like Red. In the end, you pay. Little, but nothing is free. I like transparency. I don't put my hands on fire for anyone. It is young-looking this hype. Good camera... There's no Santa yet.

8 minutes ago, shooter said:

I understand that. Isn't it strange? They look like Santa. Fanboys everywhere. This is like Red. In the end, you pay. Little, but nothing is free. I like transparency. I don't put my hands on fire for anyone. It is young-looking this hype. Good camera... there's no Santa yet.

But you do realise Blackmagic are giving you the FULL VERSION with the Pocket4k don't you?

🤦‍♂️

1 minute ago, shooter said:

This is a good offer. Nobody denies that. Don't shoot please :lol::grin:

Nonetheless, I wonder why a company limits the hardware of a free version...

hmm i thought this is a forum where we could discuss going out and shooting people ..... with a camera 😀

giving away free versions with limitations is standard policy in every market. for instance you could go down to your local market, they may have a woman there giving out marinated steak tidbits on cheese crackers  they might be delicious, but will they give you enough to fill your belly, i think not. to fill your belly you have to go buy that steak, marinade, and cheese cracker from their store preferably. same with software, and if you need to complete that project in half the time then you will need to upgrade that software which will cost you $ plus there's a side benefit , the fact if your using bm's software well you can't really be using any one elses software at the same time now can you ?

Just now, shooter said:

Yes, of course. Let me ask you quite directly. Why so worried about that? Are you a seller to sell me? This is so weird. 

It's weird that you expect things to be free. It's just not the way the world works. I'm assuming that you are over ten years old here and I probably shouldn't do this just in case you aren't but......................Santa doesn't exist. 

3 minutes ago, A_Urquhart said:

It's weird that you expect things to be free. It's just not the way the world works. I'm assuming that you are over ten years old here and I probably shouldn't do this just in case you aren't but......................Santa doesn't exist. 

yer poor old santa perished when i was about 15, i was lucky to have him around for so long i guess  🤣