Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 9/13/2018 at 6:31 PM, Jerome Chiu said:

They should take a leaf out of other niche players in the industry: Red has its own forum, and forum members could seek out some senior members who have early access to new models for comments and guidance; by a similar token, PhaseOne has a good and reliable presence in getdpi.

BMD has their own forums as well:

https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewforum.php?f=2

And then there is also the dvxuser spinoff, bmcuser:

http://www.bmccuser.com/forumdisplay.php?5-General-Discussion

3 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

Shipping to customers over the next few weeks. Still so vague haha

Yup. I’m still keeping the P4K as a possible option for me in the next 6 months or so. But I have no interest in being an early adopter. And I’m unsure if I am going to get one at all. As I’ve said, the 1080p Raw crop is really bugging me. So for me, I need to know how the footage looks when more units are in the wild, what growing pains the early units have, if B-Raw is going to be implemented, and finally ML’s progress with the 5D4. Needless to say, I don’t need a new camera right now and I am a few projects away (6 months to a year) before I would use the camera for a film. So hopefully all of my questions will be answered by then. 

33 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Ah yes, exactly what I thought!

Those are not "bad videos"

They might not be to other people's tastes (K Pop isn't for everyone), but that doesn't mean those are "bad videos" composed of nothing but "tits and ass!"

I wonder if he owns though an URSA Mini Pro? As I've noticed that referenced in some shots of videos that he has filmed himself. 

According to Blackmagic, he shoots with the UMP and UMP 4.6K.

23 hours ago, mercer said:

And this is exactly what I find ridiculous about what the “dslr revolution” turned into. I am fairly certain that the owner of that rig could have just gone out and bought an FS5, an Ursa Pro, an EVA1 or a C200 and saved some money and pride. When I had the Micro, I hated myself for rigging it up this much...

Even if they'd used an EVA1/FS5/C200 then odds are high the final rig would still look almost very similar overall. 

21 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

Yeah missing is a big word. Curious how much they can tweak it. As other cameras would have nice skintones straight out of the camera. From all camera release videos canon nailed it with their original c300 video by vincent laforet, that really looked like a film. This is not quite in the same ballpark. And yeah the c300 was 10 times as costly but its also an old camera by todays standards. 

I reckon if that was posted now in 2018 then we'd still be seeing people rip mercilessly into it!

4 minutes ago, seanzzxx said:

If you're waiting for a camera that shoots uncropped 1080p from a 4k sensor I've got some bad news for you...

Very true.

But I thought the only crop was at 120fps 1080p, but below something like 100fps or so, the full width of the sensor is used to downsample to 1080p?

Sorry, I forgot to write the word 'RAW' in my message (I've edited it now). Because that's really the key:

You cannot downsample in RAW. The Pocket will shoot downsampled 1080P in Prores (up to 80fps I believe?) and will only crop at the absolute highest framerates.

16 minutes ago, seanzzxx said:

If you're waiting for a camera that shoots uncropped 1080p from a 4k sensor I've got some bad news for you...

Haha, no I’m not waiting for that but I could see how you might think it by my post. My point was I don’t need 4K Raw right now. So even though 1080p Raw would be a crop of the sensor by nature, since I don’t need or want 4K Raw right now, then the inherent crop is a negative of the camera for me. Although I may be interested in 4K Raw with B-Raw... if implemented.

1 hour ago, IronFilm said:

Even if they'd used an EVA1/FS5/C200 then odds are high the final rig would still look almost very similar overall. 

I reckon if that was posted now in 2018 then we'd still be seeing people rip mercilessly into it!

Indeed. Here's another one ; -)

28 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

First Bluetooth app for iPhone. BMD have an official app for iPad, but this is the first I could find for phones.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/bluetooth-for-blackmagic/id1376947780?mt=8

Also, here's some actual real world night footage. Ungraded and it looks pretty amazing to me. Lots you could do with it.

Yes, this is the kind of footage I've been waiting for! Think it looks fantastic, except the issues coming from the person handling the camera that is. Very impressed!

5 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Yup, Areia Creations definitely did not shoot this! They just came up with their own remix, and then pulled a video edit out of the original music video which I'm  sure was shot by someone else. 

Well the best artists steal I suppose.

And I totally see the logic giving a demo unit to someone with 55 subscribers.

derek.jpg

3 hours ago, seanzzxx said:

Sorry, I forgot to write the word 'RAW' in my message (I've edited it now). Because that's really the key:

You cannot downsample in RAW. The Pocket will shoot downsampled 1080P in Prores (up to 80fps I believe?) and will only crop at the absolute highest framerates.

Yes you can downsample RAW. How do you think the 5DMarkIII is able to shoot full sensor 1080p raw?  Pixel binning is a very valid way of downsampling RAW images.  If you have to, you can also line skip which will of course create some artifacts, but Pixel Binning is very usable.

1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

And I totally see the logic giving a demo unit to someone with 55 subscribers.

But are we not considering that maybe it's possible the camera was his pre-order, or the fact that he was director, actor, and producer for a few films in Hong Kong?

I hoped you were past all that since you decided to go with the X-T3, guess not 😕

10 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Nobody has their pre-order yet. It'll be December for most of you.

You're probably right about him not receiving a pre-order, but the guy does have a few feature films in Hong Kong, maybe that was his ticket?  Either way, he's got camera, and we dont make those decisions... 🤷‍♂️ Your post make it seem like you'd be happy if no one get's the camera because you didn't.

Anyway, It's your site, I'll leave you to it. No more responses from me on the matter.

9 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Nobody has their pre-order yet. It'll be December for most of you.

I guess next week we will have some more news, I doubt it will be december. Hoping to get my hands on one in octobre. As I did not pre-order ;'(
But in my case it will be the best B-Cam choice by far. (allthough when the 5D IV ML works, then I might need to change my mind, but as of now the progress it too slow because there are not that many testers)