Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

I entirely missed the 3K anamorphic mode. When did that creep in? Why is nobody reporting on it?

I think it was mentioned, but just not enough Anamorphic shooters on here for anyone to shout YES!

7 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

If the digital stabilization of the NX1 is good enough for you then you are in luck. All blackmagic cameras have it. Only caveat is that you have to apply it in post.

How is the stabilizer in resolve? I've always had mixed results with premiere warp. 

2 hours ago, DBounce said:

Well here’s a BIG YES!

Think it might be a no after all - spec sheet on website doesn't have 3k anamorphic mode on it.

Only the mini pro 4.6k has that mode ATM! Maybe something they might add in a future firmware update - they added loads of improvements via updates on the last Pocket, so if people shout enough this might be there too.

10 minutes ago, Dan Wake said:

thx a lot for the info. may you tell me also which is it the highest clean iso please? and do you think is a good camera?

Well we really haven't seen a Lot of footage out of it yet, and no real camera tests. So I am not making a judgement on it yet. But for 1300 bucks I don't see how anyone can go wrong. It has pretty much everything you need to get the job done. And with this new Raw announcement, that is pretty huge for it down the road.\

As to High ISO I would guess 6400 tops maybe for a pretty clean output? But that is pretty damn good for a BM camera!

I also found this comparison with the GH5s on Reddit.

MAX RESOLUTION & FRAME RATES
Pocket Cinema 4K: 4096 x 2160/60p
Panasonic GH5S: 4096 x 2160/60p

CODECS
Pocket Cinema 4K: 12-bit CinemaDNG, 10-bit ProRes 4:2:2 HQ
Panasonic GH5S: H.264, H.265, AVCHD Progressive; 10-bit ProRes 4:2:2 (externally)

MAX BIT RATES
Pocket Cinema 4K: 270Mbps
Panasonic GH5S: 400Mbps

ISO
Pocket Cinema 4K: Dual native ISO; 25,600 max ISO
Panasonic GH5S: Dual native ISO (400, 2,500); 160 – 51,200 (80 – 204,800 expanded)

RECORDING MEDIA
Pocket Cinema 4K: SD & CFast plus USB-C port for recording to external drives
Panasonic GH5S: Dual SD card slots

AUDIO
Pocket Cinema 4K: mini XLR input w/ phantom power; 3.5mm mic jack, built-in stereo mic
Panasonic GH5S: 3.5mm mic jack; built-in stereo mic

OUTPUTS
Pocket Cinema 4K: HDMI for lossless CinemaDNG RAW
Panasonic GH5S: HDMI for 4:2:2 10-bit 4K/60p

DISPLAY
Pocket Cinema 4K: fixed 5-inch touch screen
Panasonic GH5S: free-angle 3.2-inch touch screen

WEIGHT
Pocket Cinema 4K: N/A
Panasonic GH5S: 1.46 pounds

PRICE
Pocket Cinema 4K: $1,295
Panasonic GH5S: $2,500

2 hours ago, mnewxcv said:

How is the stabilizer in resolve? I've always had mixed results with premiere warp. 

I haven't used it very much, but I've been happy with Resolve's stabilizer so far. And to be honest, I've had very bad luck with the NX1's DIS.

29 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Well we really haven't seen a Lot of footage out of it yet, and no real camera tests. So I am not making a judgement on it yet. But for 1300 bucks I don't see how anyone can go wrong. It has pretty much everything you need to get the job done. And with this new Raw announcement, that is pretty huge for it down the road.\

As to High ISO I would guess 6400 tops maybe for a pretty clean output? But that is pretty damn good for a BM camera!

cut

thx a lot! does the pocket 4k record 10-bit ProRes 4:2:2 HQ also at 60p?

41 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

MAX BIT RATES

This is incorrect. Whoever put this together was not using apples and oranges.

BM's specs are in MegaBytes, Panny's are in Megabits. So, you could say that the P4K is 270 MB/s (actually 272) and GH5s is 50 MB/s, or P4K is 2,176 Mb/s and GH5s is 400 Mb/s. 

Also of note, BM uses an FPS of 30. Not sure why they do this. Is this standard? Not sure what Panny uses. Anyway, since many of us are shooting 24 fps the data rates are 20% lower. So with any of BM's data rate specs multiply by .8 for it's 24p equiv data rate. So 272 MB/s would actually be 218 MB/s (then multiply by 8 for it's Megabit equiv --- 1,744 Mb/s). (Use .83 for 25p).

For comparison, BM's DCI 4K Prores LT runs at 43.7 MB/s compared to GH5s 50. So pretty similar.

I preordered P4K at HOTROD on 30 august and they answered me now about my order:

"We spoke to both Distribution and Blackmagic in the US this morning and there is still no confirmed release date. You are currently 58 on our preorder list, but we have no idea how many cameras Blackmagic will ship in the first batch. We have ordered plenty of cameras to cover all of our preorders if they ship our full order"

2 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

I also found this comparison with the GH5s on Reddit.

MAX RESOLUTION & FRAME RATES
Pocket Cinema 4K: 4096 x 2160/60p
Panasonic GH5S: 4096 x 2160/60p

CODECS
Pocket Cinema 4K: 12-bit CinemaDNG, 10-bit ProRes 4:2:2 HQ
Panasonic GH5S: H.264, H.265, AVCHD Progressive; 10-bit ProRes 4:2:2 (externally)

MAX BIT RATES

ISO
Pocket Cinema 4K: Dual native ISO; 25,600 max ISO
Panasonic GH5S: Dual native ISO (400, 2,500); 160 – 51,200 (80 – 204,800 expanded)

RECORDING MEDIA
Pocket Cinema 4K: SD & CFast plus USB-C port for recording to external drives
Panasonic GH5S: Dual SD card slots

AUDIO
Pocket Cinema 4K: mini XLR input w/ phantom power; 3.5mm mic jack, built-in stereo mic
Panasonic GH5S: 3.5mm mic jack; built-in stereo mic

OUTPUTS
Pocket Cinema 4K: HDMI for lossless CinemaDNG RAW
Panasonic GH5S: HDMI for 4:2:2 10-bit 4K/60p

DISPLAY
Pocket Cinema 4K: fixed 5-inch touch screen
Panasonic GH5S: free-angle 3.2-inch touch screen

WEIGHT
Pocket Cinema 4K: N/A
Panasonic GH5S: 1.46 pounds

PRICE
Pocket Cinema 4K: $1,295
Panasonic GH5S: $2,500

BONUS FEATURE

Pocket Cinema 4K : FREE  Davinci Resolve 

1 hour ago, Snuff said:

I preordered P4K at HOTROD on 30 august and they answered me now about my order:

"We spoke to both Distribution and Blackmagic in the US this morning and there is still no confirmed release date. You are currently 58 on our preorder list, but we have no idea how many cameras Blackmagic will ship in the first batch. We have ordered plenty of cameras to cover all of our preorders if they ship our full order"

I also pre-ordered through HOTROD the day of BMD's NAB announcement.

I'm 1st on their list, and that is the same feedback I received from them on the ship date.