Jump to content

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K


Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, John Brawley said:

Kinifinity say "E mount" and it's really only click on the adaptor itself and then once you drill down you find that they define the caveat's...like it's a minor thing.

So you're only arguing over degrees here, splitting hairs, that BMD where up front "enough" but Kinefinity is not? Seems clear enough to me what Kinefinity is doing. 


But you still didn't answer my question before, is the BMCC MFT a MFT camera or not, and if not, what is it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dear erstwhile member can you please stop attacking John Brawley now. I have long since given up on camera forum arguments so might not be completely up on who is right and who is wrong-evil /

I like the pictures. A lot.  This camera will probably replace the micro cinema camera for me as it’s not much bigger and is much easier to work with.  I didn’t feel as strongly about the 4K

What a shame. Who are these "deep state" BMD insiders that are here pushing an agenda ? Myself and Hook.  Who else ?  What do you guys think, there's a plot and conspiracy ?  You guys don't wat t

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

So you're only arguing over degrees here, splitting hairs, that BMD where up front "enough" but Kinefinity is not? Seems clear enough to me what Kinefinity is doing. 


But you still didn't answer my question before, is the BMCC MFT a MFT camera or not, and if not, what is it?

The BMCC MFT is a passive or dumb mount MFT camera. 

10 hours ago, Tone1k said:

Hi JB, 

Thanks for your input here on this forum. 

While you say that BM have asked most of the questions asked here already in the devolopment stages, I'm a little more interested in the product testing stages pre release.

While the Ursa Mini line have had a lot less image quality issues than 1st Gen BMD cameras like the Production and Production 4k, image quality issues like sunspots in highlights, high levels of flicker and FPN (in the UrsaMini 4k) seem like obvious  issues that should be picked up on pre release of the camera. Why do issues like this get through if product testing occurs prior to release? Surely a test of the original Production camera would have included shooting a frame with a light source on it and the sun spot show up? 

While I trust that BM have learned from their past mistakes, and I know that a working version of the Pocket 4K has been doing the rounds with viewings in retailers here in Australia to hopefully get feedback pre release, do cameras go through more thorough testing now compared to a few years ago or can we expect the Pocket 4K, with a new sensor (to BMD) to have image quality issues on release and then BMD address them afterwards? 

Cheers. 

I can't talk about the testing processes, and in this thread I think everyones sick of hearing from me now.

I'm taking a break.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Brawley said:

The BMCC MFT is a passive or dumb mount MFT camera. 

I can't talk about the testing processes, and in this thread I think everyones sick of hearing from me now.

I'm taking a break.

 

 

I don't blame you at all!!  We are not sick of hearing from you. Me, and I bet a lot of people are sick of hearing from 2 people that we all know have shitted up this thread! All these Kinefinity fanatic's on here must have a case of the dumb shits. I am sick and tired of hearing it also. It Holds a F ing Sony E Mount lens, can you use the god damn thing, F No.

It is just like the useless BMCC with the E mount. What they hell you do with a lens you can't control shit with it. You sell it on ebay that is what you do. Fly by wire lenses are as useless as Tits on a Boar Hog on a dumb adapter. Get over it. Now if you own a E mount Cine set of 50 grand lenses well hell you are set.

Unless you live in China the Kinefinity is also as useless as those Tits on that Boar Hog. If you can't buy one or get it repaired close to where you live you are as crazy as your posts have been on here. And you are not even going to buy one anyhow. There are 12 dealers, other than in China, in the whole F ing world. Yeah I want one of those.

I am sure with a few bugs worked out of it it will be a damn good contender. But it is not the second coming of Christ, and it can have 70 mounts, but if you can only pretty much hang a Native lens on it, and look at it, well so what.

Take your Kinefinity bullshit on a Kinefinity thread. That way I don't have to read a God Damn thing about it as I will never open that thread! Quit doing it in a 4K BMPCC thread! Go the F away! Your just running off one of the smartest people on here that actually does this stuff for a living, You are just like Jon was doing.

You cheap ass bastards are never going to buy one anyways. What makes a shit what it does.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Super Members
7 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Which Kinefinity model?
VS Terra 4K?
Crop factor is 1.0x

The 4K

When I had a quick demo of it they were saying it was "around 1.75" and the KineEnhancer mount would take it to "around 1.4".

Seems that info was a bit rough as I've just seen it specced as 1.85 and 1.3 respectively.

What confuses me then is why the UK distributor sells what they refer to as a "Full Frame Package". 

https://www.proav.co.uk/kinefinity-terra-4k-ef-full-frame-package#specification

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

What confuses me then is why the UK distributor sells what they refer to as a "Full Frame Package". 

https://www.proav.co.uk/kinefinity-terra-4k-ef-full-frame-package#specification

Well that is odd, but in the specs they're on the money:

 

Quote

Camera Type: sub-S35mm Film-Style Digital Cinema Camera

Imaging Sensor4K sub-S35mm Format CMOS
Crop factor over FF: 1.85

 

1 minute ago, BTM_Pix said:

I'm going to cancel my pre-order today.


For the BMPCC4K?

57 minutes ago, Savannah Miller said:

This thread has gotten out of hand because there's nothing new to say about the pocket 4K.  No footage, no nothing, so people instead have started to argue about other things.

Got to keep ourselves busy somehow while we wait!

Link to post
Share on other sites

'EF Full Frame Package' -> 'EF Mounting Adapter with Kine Enhancer' -> 'KineEnhancer turns Kine camera from S35 to Full Frame camera (Very closely) and increase maximum iris to One f-stop when using Full Frame EF lens' -> 'Crop factor to: 1.1 when using on the TERRA 5K/6K, Crop factor to: 1.3 when using on the TERRA 4K'

_____

Didn't pre-order the BMPCC4K. See no point in doing so. Atleast with Panasonic you might get a freebie or something (battery grip, V-LOG L activation). I'll just get one from the first store that has stock. Easy as that. Still quite excited for it, because the results from the original were awesome, it just wasn't very practical to use. This one seems to be... but indeed let's first wait if the results come close to the high expectations the first iteration has set. Sure hope they're able to pull of that thick lushious gradable filmic look with that Blackmagic mojo we've come to love.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Super Members
43 minutes ago, sanveer said:

Is there a particular reason for this?

I don't actually need it until 2019 and even then it might not actually be the right fit for what I'm going to be doing. 

Fotokina may also have given me pause for thought.

Plus, I can see it potentially being a time drain during the early months and I would rather observe that from the sidelines. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cinegain said:

'EF Full Frame Package' -> 'EF Mounting Adapter with Kine Enhancer' -> 'KineEnhancer turns Kine camera from S35 to Full Frame camera (Very closely) and increase maximum iris to One f-stop when using Full Frame EF lens' -> 'Crop factor to: 1.1 when using on the TERRA 5K/6K, Crop factor to: 1.3 when using on the TERRA 4K'

_____

Didn't pre-order the BMPCC4K. See no point in doing so. Atleast with Panasonic you might get a freebie or something (battery grip, V-LOG L activation). I'll just get one from the first store that has stock. Easy as that. Still quite excited for it, because the results from the original were awesome, it just wasn't very practical to use. This one seems to be... but indeed let's first wait if the results come close to the high expectations the first iteration has set. Sure hope they're able to pull of that thick lushious gradable filmic look with that Blackmagic mojo we've come to love.

EF Full Frame Package'  Fake News. What a misleading joke. Gee my APSC camera REALLY is a FF camera. Man did I get off cheap.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...