Jump to content
Andrew Reid

Fuji X-T4

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, IronFilm said:


How was the X-H1 a "disappointment"??

I remember many on here being excited about it, as it was Fuji's best camera at the time!

Is only in context of history as we look back with the X-T3 does the X-H1 seem a little "disappointing"

I still prefer to shoot with the X-H1 😂

Hopefully X-T4 will be an X-H2 down to the millimetre and even the exact curvature of the nice deep grip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 hours ago, IronFilm said:


How was the X-H1 a "disappointment"??

I remember many on here being excited about it, as it was Fuji's best camera at the time!

Is only in context of history as we look back with the X-T3 does the X-H1 seem a little "disappointing"

 

It was because they dropped the XT3 so soon after. I think it would have been better to do the X-H1 with an XT3 sensor right off the bat. But those marketing guys probably know better than me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Brian Williams said:

Well the main differences between the two was the X-H1 having IBIS vs the X-T3 with that awesome codec with ALL-I/ high bitrate/10bit.

So either the XH1 is getting that same codec/bitrate treatment, or the XT3 is getting IBIS... really just depends on how you want to look at it.

I don’t mind which way they do it but would prefer it in the XH1 body given the choice.

Just under 2 weeks and all will be revealed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was expecting X-H1 body-like also but it seems we have to wait some more for the X-H2.

Good news is that X-T3 gets what was missing. IBIS first of all and better battery.

I don't prefer flippy screens over tilt ones but this is subjective..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The compact size was something I always liked about the XT series so I’m glad it’s not such a radical departure by design. I’m sure they’ll make a grip attachment for those who need it. IBIS, a bigger battery, and a movie toggle switch are the top things I wanted improved after using the XT-3. I just hope it handles heat better and doesn’t have any recording limit.

More than anything, what this doesn’t have shows that there’s still room for an X-H2, just hopefully sooner than later!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, JR Lipartito said:

The compact size was something I always liked about the XT series so I’m glad it’s not such a radical departure by design. I’m sure they’ll make a grip attachment for those who need it.

I like the compact size, but that grip is terrible. After using a friend's XT3 I found the grip to be terrible. It's not just that it's small, there's no lip above the middle finger so when held in one hand all of the weight is supported by friction alone. I looked into grip attachments, but they all just add more mass to the grip, none actually add that contoured lip that rests on your fingers. I looked into designing and printing my own, but the placement of the shutter release means that even with a small contoured grip, your index finger has to contort to get to the shutter. It's probably fine for a lot of people, but 8 hours into a hike and I'm climbing a rock to get a shot, that little lip is so much more comfortable and secure.

Long story short, that design is an absolute deal breaker for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved the early look at the camera. Was a huge fan of the XT3. Ultimately decided to stay with my GH5 because of IBIS and flip screen. Now the XT3 has it. My wife has the XE3 with the 16-55 and 35mm 1.4– being in the same ecosystem would make projects a lot simpler to pack for. 

Would love to see the Viltrox primes announced soon though, the Fuji 35mm 1.4 is slow and loud for focus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it’s so so. Video specs are fine I mean 4K60p is great. 
But the same bad grip from the XT3 and probably the same AF has me not excited. I mean, hard to be after the R5 development announcement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, wolf33d said:

(...) has me not excited. I mean, hard to be after the R5 development announcement. 

LOL Funny to read you writing it... ; -)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, colepat said:

Loved the early look at the camera. Was a huge fan of the XT3. Ultimately decided to stay with my GH5 because of IBIS and flip screen. Now the XT3 has it. My wife has the XE3 with the 16-55 and 35mm 1.4– being in the same ecosystem would make projects a lot simpler to pack for. 

Would love to see the Viltrox primes announced soon though, the Fuji 35mm 1.4 is slow and loud for focus.

I am hoping the 3 xf lenses that are suppose to be released in 2020 are updated 23 1.4, 35 1.4, 56 1.2. With fuji really advancing in video, they desperately need these to be usable for video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Carz said:

I am hoping the 3 xf lenses that are suppose to be released in 2020 are updated 23 1.4, 35 1.4, 56 1.2. With fuji really advancing in video, they desperately need these to be usable for video.

Agreed - and much quieter AF. Though, I do love their F2 primes and that's usually pretty great for AF on a gimbal.

I'm pumped for this camera. Not sure it will be my main one, but I love Fuji for photography or for traveling/lightweight cinema setup, so an XT3 + IBIS + much better battery life is along something to get excited about. Hope there are still some surprises to come, but even just that is pretty exciting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Márcio Kabke Pinheiro said:

Still beyond me why Fuji dropped their best LCD hinge implementation - the XT100. That one and the S1R are the best LCD hinges, pleased everyone - flip and flippy at the same time.

Yes it makes the X-T4 much wider.

I had the xt100 and would prefer that screen.

It's funny they call the xt-4 screen fully articulating when in fact its not, the xt-100 screen was fully articulating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...