Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the main problem coming from these videos is that 90% are made from photographers that have limited understanding of video work. They think IBIS is a gimbal replacement or some sort of steady

I can see why he needs raw, wb is totally off 😄

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, androidlad said:

It's available since day one.

 

Ah I switched to H265 and its there. 

8 minutes ago, Video Hummus said:

So all this 6K monster talk and we have a refined X-T4 With IBIS (not a bad thing). Still would have been nicer in X-H2.

Yeah I didn't see how 6K would be feasible in such a small body. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

Would rather have no 6K on the X-T4 than no X-H2.

I'm not so disappointed as long as the X-H2 is coming this year.

Fuji would be stupid not to.

X-T4 is still a very good camera and a good upgrade to the X-T3 which didn't come out so long ago.

One of the best cameras under $2k.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2020 at 7:26 AM, Andrew Reid said:

I still prefer to shoot with the X-H1 😂

Hopefully X-T4 will be an X-H2 down to the millimetre and even the exact curvature of the nice deep grip.

I thought the same thing about the X-H1. I loved the punch in anytime feature, and, imo, the best peaking in the business. Images and colors--just lovely. Give me that camera and the IBIS of the GH5 and waveforms and I'm a happy camper.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MrSMW said:

Indeed, clients have no idea what anything was shot on, never mind whether it was XH1 or XT3, 1080 or 4k. Rather the switch was more for me. Call it professional pride, call it job satisfaction etc, but that plays a part.


Once you realize that using X-H1 vs X-T3 makes no difference to your bottom line, then it is easy to not be so pissed off at Fuji for "forcing you" to "upgrade" only a handful of months later. 

Rather if you want to be annoyed at anybody, you can be mildly annoyed at yourself for splashing out on a non-essential purchase.  

 

14 hours ago, MrSMW said:

Could I make any of them work? Would anybody notice? Of course and no, but I would and that's an intangible part of being a pro at anything isn't it, - the knowledge that are you doing, 'just enough' or 'giving it your all'?


If I "gave my all" I might go out an splurge on an Aaton Cantar X3 recorder tomorrow, along with tens and tens of thousands of dollars spent on audio in other ways. 

But would I get that money back? Never. 

In fact, I might maybe even earn less, because for the type of bread and butter work I'm doing currently my Sound Devices 833 suits it better than a Cantar X3. 

In fact, it could be argued an 833 is going to earn me no more than if I'd stuck with the Zoom F8n / Zaxcom Maxx I had before. 

So I definitely understand the point of "giving your all, to get the best, as a point of professional pride". Basically did that myself when I splurged out on a Sound Devices 833, just it is important to keep this mindset in check, as there is no limit how deep you can go down this rabbit hole! Next think you know you'll be filming weddings with a Monstro on a Ronin...  (these people really exist! But rare, and weddings wouldn't be their bread and butter)

I think upgrades should be a bigger leap and further spaced apart. I've actively encouraged people not to upgrade from say a Zoom F8 to F8n, as they should either do a bigger leap (like me to an 833) or wait longer for more than just one upgrade cycle 

Ditto cameras, I don't for instance think a person should go from a Nikon D7100 to a D7200, it should be a bigger leap in time forward such as to a D7500. Or a smaller time leap, but with a jump up their hierarchy as well, such as a D7100 to a D500. To give a Nikon stills example. 

 

  

4 hours ago, tomsemiterrific said:

Give me that camera and the IBIS of the GH5 and waveforms and I'm a happy camper.


Yes yes yes

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, IronFilm said:


Once you realize that using X-H1 vs X-T3 makes no difference to your bottom line, then it is easy to not be so pissed off at Fuji for "forcing you" to "upgrade" only a handful of months later. 

Rather if you want to be annoyed at anybody, you can be mildly annoyed at yourself for splashing out on a non-essential purchase.  

While I agree nobody forces anyone to upgrade.. there is a very real difference in between XH1 & XT3.

XH1 has IBIS, XT3 has 10-bit. Depending on usage, either one could be essential.

Personally, I wanted both features plus extra battery life. So I'm glad I skipped XH1/XT3 and will probably grab an XT4 ASAP!

Not holding my breath for XH2 though..

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Django said:

XH1 has IBIS, XT3 has 10-bit. Depending on usage, either one could be essential.

I was responding to someone who was doing weddings as their bread and butter. 

Personally I'd rate IBIS as more important for weddings than 10bit

X-H1 to X-T3 for this purpose was definitely a sidegrade in my opinion (maaaybe even was a downgrade!)

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Would rather have no 6K on the X-T4 than no X-H2.

I'm not so disappointed as long as the X-H2 is coming this year.

Fuji would be stupid not to.

X-T4 is still a very good camera and a good upgrade to the X-T3 which didn't come out so long ago.

One of the best cameras under $2k.

Nice, waiting to upgrade from an unreleased camera to the un-unreleased camera :) Al this 6k+ plus talk, while 90% of productions using the 3.2k Alexa mini. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Why didn't you get on with the Z6?

It love the Z6 and the output but I’ve always had a soft spot for Fujifilm and sort of waited for them to release a camera like this (IBIS, internal 10-bit, 4k60). There’s also something about the lcd and viewfinder lag when in video mode with the Z6 that annoys me and that I never really could get over.

For stills though the Z6 is great and I might have to rebuy it when they finally release their compact primes :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Simon Young said:

https://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-x-t4-first-official-product-images-leaked/
 

I think it looks sexy all boxy and black with sharp edges. Just worried it might overheat. Otherwise an instabuy- bye bye Z6.

Well neither of my XT3's overheated last year here in SW France filming 4k where in the shade, it passed 40 degrees celcius several times, so I'm not expecting the XT4 to be any different...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Simon Young said:

It love the Z6 and the output but I’ve always had a soft spot for Fujifilm and sort of waited for them to release a camera like this (IBIS, internal 10-bit, 4k60). There’s also something about the lcd and viewfinder lag when in video mode with the Z6 that annoys me and that I never really could get over.

For stills though the Z6 is great and I might have to rebuy it when they finally release their compact primes :)

Check the Z6 after you update to Firmware 3.0, I find mine to have less viewfinder delay now, though it may be a placebo effect.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2020 at 1:52 PM, Brian Williams said:

Are people not happy with the focusing system of the X-T3? Maybe not dual-pixel AF, but easily as good as Sony’s implementation on their cameras, no?

I wouldn’t hold my breathe on the R5 just yet, I know everyone is losing their shit over the potential of it (and rightly so if it turns out to be as good as it sounds) but never underestimate Canon’s ability to really screw things up, especially when something is suddenly leap-frogging all their current hardware; I’m interested to see what their version of 8K actually entails, or the quality of their IBIS. Or, at least, the price! Assuming that rumored €9999 price is wrong, but we’ll see. If correct, it shouldn’t be in the same conversation as a $1700 X-T4.

I used the XT3 and A7III side by side for 2 weeks, the Sony had much better AF, and the A7III is not that good. The new AF in the A7RIV is way better. 
So to answer your question, no, XT3 doesn’t have a great AF, people happy with it have never tried Canon DPAF or latest Sony AF.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, wolf33d said:

I used the XT3 and A7III side by side for 2 weeks, the Sony had much better AF, and the A7III is not that good. The new AF in the A7RIV is way better. 
So to answer your question, no, XT3 doesn’t have a great AF, people happy with it have never tried Canon DPAF or latest Sony AF.

You da AF man... ; -)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...