Panasonic announcing a full frame camera on Sept. 25???

Trek of Joy

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
15 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

This is shaping up to be a good year at Photokina. That new m4/3 zoom looks cool as well. Not to mention that the "King of the Street" aka The Ricoh GRii got a development announcement of the GRiii.  The later is an instant buy for me, wont even look at the final announcement, just preorder ;)

Yes, at last it's got 24 Mpix and IBIS, but no 4K. I will eagerly await your review!

Jesus,what a bunch of whiny baby some of you are! It's a camera announcement six months before release, and you're crying, complaining, and passing judgement because they didn't give you all the specs in intimate detail. They probably don't even know what the full specs are yet, as a lot of development will happen over the next 6 months!

every time a new cameras is released, I'm reminded of why I can't stand most artistic types, you all seem to be perpetually malcontent!

I think you’re confusing people for artistic types. Artistic types use the camera they have and make it work. Btw, I am neither. ? 

2 minutes ago, Dan Sherman said:

Jesus,what a bunch of whiny baby some of you are! It's a camera announcement six months before release, and you're crying, complaining, and passing judgement because they didn't give you all the specs in intimate detail. They probably don't even know what the full specs are yet, as a lot of development will happen over the next 6 months!

every time a new cameras is released, I'm reminded of why I can't stand most artistic types, you all seem to be perpetually malcontent!

36 minutes ago, Drew Allegre said:

I wonder when the last time (if ever) 3 or more new mounts were announced this close together.  What a time to be alive!

Well sort of. But we do now have 20 different live mounts selling a total of just 10m ILCs.

As Thom Hogan says 'I see dead mounts....'

http://www.dslrbodies.com/newsviews/i-see-dead-mounts.html

2 hours ago, Ki Rin said:

I know. But according to dpreview:

"The company says the 24MP S1 is expected to be used around 70% for stills and 30% for video, targeting people such as wedding photographers and photojournalists. The S1R will be "purely for photographers," the company says, with landscape, commercial and portrait photographers being explicitly named."

And then there is that funny 3-axis LCD screen, which seems nice for photography, but not so nice for video. 

Also, DFD autofocus. 

From what I heard listening to the press announcement, that dpreview statement is inconsistent with that the Panasonic image head was talking about. Watch the video again starting from 12.85min point till when he starts talking about lenses.  But a quick summary from what I got

1) Image quality without compromise, Still and video

2) Direct quote: "On top of 4k 60p, it will never disappoint on it's video performance"

3) Direct quote: "Professional Performance - we will realize the industry highest performance essential item for photography and videography

4) S1 - For next generation hybrid photo and video creators

5) Direct quote: "We will try to expand the possibility to meet the [i didn't catch what word he said here] requirements for a professional photographer and videographers 

I don't believe that at the very minimum, Panasonic will not bring all it's great video features/functions from the GH5 to S1R and S1. That will be very foolish if they didn't do that but the press announcement to me points to a very capable stills and video camera.

I wasn't expecting this press announcement to go deep with details and prices as I am sure they don't have a working functional body yet. Plus I am sure they intentionally want to have people guessing what it will or will not have.

My biggest issue now is do I keep my Z6 pre-order or still get the Z6 but  later sell it if the S1 turns out to be a great hybrid camera with great video AF....hmmmm. It's already going to have 4k 60p, which the Z6 will not. Between the Z6 and S1, which one turns out to have full frme 4k (which the Z6 has) and great video AF will be my hybrid camera of choice except the Sony A7S III comes with 24MP and great hybrid camera.

9 minutes ago, Inazuma said:

You will be lucky to afford the AF lenses anyway ? theyre going for pinnacle IQ and are Leica camera compatible. 

Panasonic and Sigma ones will be normal priced. Just the Leica will be expensive. 

Anyway, 2019 is gonna be exciting. We know at least 1 FF mirrorless  will be 4K60fps now. Let’s see the A7SIII 

13 minutes ago, fuzzynormal said:

In my experience, true and serious artistic types don't get caught up too much in the technical.

I think we're more craftfolk here, so lots of public fretting about tools instead of creation. 

IMO, if your into photography or videography as a hobby or a profession, you have an artistic leaning. Regardless, the amount of fretting shown show far based on still next to no information is ridiculous. 

29 minutes ago, Robert Collins said:

Well sort of. But we do now have 20 different live mounts selling a total of a total of just 10m ILCs.

As Thom Hogan says 'I see dead mounts....'

http://www.dslrbodies.com/newsviews/i-see-dead-mounts.html

I wasn't suggesting good or bad...just wow!  I think we've all seen these changes as being on the horizon for awhile now, it's just surprising to me that it's all hitting so close to the same time, esp considering all of these moves would have had to have some significant development lead time.

DFD. SMH. A 47mp 4k60p body with a AF system from 2005. Not sure what photographers they're focusing on, perhaps film shooters looking for their first digicam?

As a video body it could be something, we'll have to wait until next year to see. But I'm sure we see another FF 4k60p body before this is actually released. I do like the big body with lots of controls and space between the grip and lens mount. Sony are you listening?

The best thing about this L-mount alliance is that Sigma may finally start designing lenses for short registry mounts instead of just rehousing their gargantuan DSLR lenses.

Chris

8 minutes ago, Trek of Joy said:

DFD. SMH. A 47mp 4k60p body with a AF system from 2005. Not sure what photographers they're focusing on, perhaps film shooters looking for their first digicam?

As a video body it could be something, we'll have to wait until next year to see. But I'm sure we see another FF 4k60p body before this is actually released. I do like the big body with lots of controls and space between the grip and lens mount. Sony are you listening?

The best thing about this L-mount alliance is that Sigma may finally start designing lenses for short registry mounts instead of just rehousing their gargantuan DSLR lenses.

Chris

You must not shoot much huh? 

The only people who really bitc* about DFD are video people!