Panasonic announcing a full frame camera on Sept. 25???

Trek of Joy

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

the diameter of the L-mount was dimensioned at 51.6 millimeters,

Even larger than that article I posted yesterday, so 51.6mm inner diameter and 48.8 throat diameter for L Mount, much more larger than E mount (46.1mm inner 43.6 throat) and closer to RF mount (54mm inner 50.6mm throat)

• Super Members
1 minute ago, kye said:

Does anyone know if the existing Sigma FF lens line up would be convertible to the new mount?

I don't understand the technical details of lens mounts..

You mean convertible as in the mount swap service Sigma currently offer or an adapter?

Novoflex do an EF to L mount adapter already but its quite expensice so I'm hoping the first thing that comes out of this relationship is Sigma releasing is an L version of their MC-11 adapter.

2 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

You mean convertible as in the mount swap service Sigma currently offer or an adapter?

Novoflex do an EF to L mount adapter already but its quite expensice so I'm hoping the first thing that comes out of this relationship is Sigma releasing is an L version of their MC-11 adapter.

I'm hoping the mount swap service could do it.

One less set of contacts and electronics and all that is a good thing.  If so, it would basically mean that the new system would "launch" with the entire Sigma FF lens line up, and for many people they wouldn't have to re-buy anything to have native lenses.

It would kill the paltry lens catalogue from CaNikon!

11 minutes ago, kye said:

I'm hoping the mount swap service could do it.

One less set of contacts and electronics and all that is a good thing.  If so, it would basically mean that the new system would "launch" with the entire Sigma FF lens line up, and for many people they wouldn't have to re-buy anything to have native lenses.

It would kill the paltry lens catalogue from CaNikon!

I am not sure this will really work. Sigma tried to create FE mount versions of its lenses by essentially swapping the EF mount with an MC-11 adaptor rather than actually redesigning the lenses and including step motors that are fairly essential to the efficient use of CDAF. The result is that they dont  focus particularly well on the FE mount. It is likely that the SL mount wont have PDAF at all which would make them less suited without a redesign.

So, if the rumors are correct:

Panasonic is about to price the new camera in the 4000 USD range. Almost the same as the URSA which does raw.

New mount, for pricey L-mount lenses. Sure you can adapt old glass, but than say goodbye to the "new AF technology".

Sure, on the other hand it will give us a nice image, but these things just make it a lot less attractive.

30 minutes ago, funkyou86 said:

Panasonic is about to price the new camera in the 4000 USD range. Almost the same as the URSA which does raw.

New mount, for pricey L-mount lenses. Sure you can adapt old glass, but than say goodbye to the "new AF technology".

Sure, on the other hand it will give us a nice image, but these things just make it a lot less attractive.

It's designed for hybrid use, not just video!

Partnering with Sigma can only mean that affordable high quality glass is a given. It also means that Sigma (et al.) now has (have) 4 mirrorless FF mounts to design lenses for, so yay for everyone.

Also, URSA is not an amazing stills body at the same time, so apples to oranges.

Having two bodies is a good starting strategy, but with pricing above Z7 and a7RIII, Panasonic must out-feature them too. Would 4K60p be enough?

47 minutes ago, funkyou86 said:

there is a cheaper version too though

It seems kind of underwhelming to me. Sure it has some pretty great features, but I can't see anything insanely groundbreaking. I mean, it doesn't even have a second, useless, record button next to the main one on the front.

The weather proofing and EVF are certainly pretty great. But I missed any info on slowmo, 4K crop, ISO range etc.

Seems like the price of the body and then the lenses, there are other, perhaps more exciting options.

Just my 2c.