Panasonic announcing a full frame camera on Sept. 25???

Trek of Joy

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 minutes ago, eyesuncloudedphoto said:

Only thing left is price and AF, if price is similar to Canon/Nikon and has great AF Panasonic just won the spec race hands down. The question is, it enough for Nikon/Canon users to switch away from their systems. For many I think it might be.

10 minutes ago, Geoff CB said:

Only thing left is price and AF, if price is similar to Canon/Nikon and has great AF Panasonic just won the spec race hands down. The question is, it enough for Nikon/Canon users to switch away from their systems. For many I think it might be.

I watched a bit of it but I missed all the video specs. What were they?

3 minutes ago, Robert Collins said:

I watched a bit of it but I missed all the video specs. What were they?

I don't think they really mentioned any except for 4k60p. 
Details were pretty sparse. 

But it *seemed* like the new cameras are more focused on photography than video.

Ok, first comment: what the hell is "3-axis tiltable LCD"

image.png.38191dbbf96dc8f0a1700afdd298594a.png

Comment #2: Since they don't have the camera ready yet, I think they left a lot of things purposefully ambiguous. Which is a good poker-game strategy.

No talk about video codecs, no details about the AF system, nothing about fps in photo mode, no mention of 6K and/or anamorphic, etc. My guess is that they have a lot in the pipeline and they play the waiting game to see what Sony will introduce, since it's the only player not having shown their cards yet.

Oh, and speaking of Sony, my guess is that the sensors are Sony, with 99% certainty. 

9 minutes ago, Grumble said:

They didn't mention if it was 8 or 10 bit, or if there is a 30min record time limit.

I would presume it's 10bit and no limit but you never know.

I doubt there'll be a time limit, but I can definitely see the camera only being able to do 4k60p at 8 bit internal and 10 bit via external recorder. Definitely interested in learning more about this camera.

The thing I really want to learn more about is the color science. 

4 minutes ago, eyesuncloudedphoto said:

Ok, first comment: what the hell is "3-axis tiltable LCD"

Comment #2: Since they don't have the camera ready yet, I think they left a lot of things purposefully ambiguous. Which is a good poker-game strategy.

No talk about video codecs, no details about the AF system, nothing about fps in photo mode, no mention of 6K and/or anamorphic, etc. My guess is that they have a lot in the pipeline and they play the waiting game to see what Sony will introduce, since it's the only player not having shown their cards yet.

Oh, and speaking of Sony, my guess is that the sensors are Sony, with 99% certainty. 

Apparently, something like this: 

https://***URL removed***/reviews/fujifilm-x-t3-first-impressions-review/3

A bit of a disappointment in my opinion. I prefer the GH5 one. 

About the sensor, not sure its is confirmed, but I thought one of the rumors specifically said they were NOT using a sony sensor but that it was a panasonic one. 

5 minutes ago, Robert Collins said:

A Panasonic camera for photographers?! Well that is a novel concept.

I know. But according to dpreview:

"The company says the 24MP S1 is expected to be used around 70% for stills and 30% for video, targeting people such as wedding photographers and photojournalists. The S1R will be "purely for photographers," the company says, with landscape, commercial and portrait photographers being explicitly named."

And then there is that funny 3-axis LCD screen, which seems nice for photography, but not so nice for video. 

Also, DFD autofocus.