Panasonic announcing a full frame camera on Sept. 25???

Trek of Joy

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 9/21/2018 at 4:52 AM, BTM_Pix said:

Imagine how giddy you'd be if in a moment of absolute (yet slightly calculated) madness you'd bought a used Leica SL last weekend and now were anticipating realistically priced lenses becoming available for it.....

This one went quite "cheap":
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Leica-SL-Typ-601-Body-10850-2-Batteries-2-SD-cards-/323448542753

Are you saying that was you? ?

On 9/21/2018 at 12:17 PM, eyesuncloudedphoto said:

"Something Wicked This Way Comes..." ?

This is mind-blowing; I bet next week everybody will be on their toes for any tidbit of information concerning this.

What could the next bomb-shell be? Samsung's involvement? Olympus and/or Pentax declaring future support and participation in the system?  

If any/all those companies joined then that would be wild!

I reckon Pentax absolutely should. 

As at some point Pentax needs to make the proper jump to Mirrorless (their current offering doesn't count! haha). And Pentax is too small a niche to survive with their own mount this late in the game. 

Would be natural for Olympus to follow their past partner in photography Panasonic.

And this is the only path which makes sense for Samsung to rejoin the game. As no one would trust another NX system camera from them again after abandoning the NX1, and they'd have the same problems if they tried to create a new FF mount system themselves which no one would believe in. So their best bet is Samsung joins an existing group. 

On 9/22/2018 at 8:42 AM, sanveer said:

12. Not sure they will be able to stuff an IBIS in that mount (if it's the Leica one), and if they Do, it could be as terrible as on the Sony cameras. That why I hope the mount is larger. Also a multi scan mode like on the JVC LS3000 though for adapting smaller lenses.

That is my big question, is the SL mount properly big enough to hold FF sensors with space for IBIS?

We know Sony has some issues squeezing a FF sensor with IBIS into an APS-C intended mount. 

The Z mount is perfect at 55mm! But SL mount is only 48.8, which yes is bigger than the 46mm E mount, but not by much! Is that enough?

On 9/22/2018 at 8:13 AM, newfoundmass said:

This really is wild and sounds ALMOST too good to be true. Could this be why Sony wasn't in any rush to announce the A7Siii? Like maybe they're waiting to see what Panasonic and Co have up their sleeve? 

If I was Sony I'd hurry up to release the a7Smk3 before the Z6 and then the Panasonic FF steals Sony thunder. 

28 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

That is my big question, is the SL mount properly big enough to hold FF sensors with space for IBIS?

We know Sony has some issues squeezing a FF sensor with IBIS into an APS-C intended mount. 

The Z mount is perfect at 55mm! But SL mount is only 48.8, which yes is bigger than the 46mm E mount, but not by much! Is that enough?

Some guy saying inner diameter is 51mm and throat diameter is 48.8mm on L mount, guess we shall find out tomorrow!

https://photographylife.com/what-is-lens-mount

RF - 54mm inner diameter 50.6mm throat diameter Angle of Incidence 33.62°
L - 51mm inner diameter 48.8mm throat diameter Angle of Incidence 33.13°
E - 46.1mm inner diameter 43.6mm throat diameter Angle of Incidence 28.58°