Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, Snowfun said:

If the footage I’ve seen so far is badly graded by people who don’t know what they’re doing then I’m delighted. I can’t grade like an expert either so it proves even I have hope of achieving a decent image.

It's very easy footage to grade thanks to the new color science.

1 hour ago, AaronChicago said:

Here is a 3:1 compressed cDNG file straight from the pocket 4k. I believe that you can only open it in Resolve.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f1yfi1iz0f9xmco/A002_10091348_C019_000024.dng?dl=0

Thank you, the sample DNG already contains high cliping, left down in those lights, any manipulation with ISO will no longer help with this overexposure.

The dynamic range is definitely worse than the old pocket and, unfortunately, the colors, I have been doing a lot of adjusting DNG and ProRes from my old pocket for a long time so I know what it can do. that color noise in the shadows is unpleasant.

The colors are much worse than the old pocket! it helped me in that I definitely will not sell the old pocket 🙂  Thank you.

4 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

What I'd like to see is a review from two cynical Northerners.

Possibly shot in London so that they are additionally disgruntled by the lack of gravy for the chips on their plate and the ones on their shoulders.

Maybe sometime like a week on Wednesday.

Around 11.30 for 12.

I'd be interested in seeing that one.

Are we going to -remotely- see any of these?! 

1 hour ago, AaronChicago said:

I completely disagree but glad it could be helpful.

only saturation and contrast added. Colors have better old pocked for me, NEW pocket is redly and yellowish. (very similar colors has GH5s)  this combination of highlighted red and yellow brings together a special green color that shines, I see it in every video of BMP4K 😞

GH5 does not have this highlighted red and yellow.

Sample is here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OBln90sErh83QseO4ys3omnXQEoLIU9B  they are not my sample. 

they are from here: https://youtu.be/SQ9OzlZfIds

first: NEW Pocket, second: Old Pocket  (added sharpness strong 1.5  for comparison with the 4K resolution on NEW pocket)

New 4K pocket.png

Old Pocket.png

2 hours ago, tonysss said:

Thank you, the sample DNG already contains high cliping, left down in those lights, any manipulation with ISO will no longer help with this overexposure.

The dynamic range is definitely worse than the old pocket and, unfortunately, the colors, I have been doing a lot of adjusting DNG and ProRes from my old pocket for a long time so I know what it can do. that color noise in the shadows is unpleasant.

The colors are much worse than the old pocket! it helped me in that I definitely will not sell the old pocket 🙂  Thank you.

Agreed. I haven’t seen any RAW from the P4K that looks better than even the 1080p ProRes from the old pocket. 🤔

52 minutes ago, BenEricson said:

Agreed. I haven’t seen any RAW from the P4K that looks better than even the 1080p ProRes from the old pocket. 🤔

Define better.
Weird color, yellow-brown casts, worse dynamic range, way more aliasing and moire problems, lots of noise, fixed noise pattern etc.

Well, some call it character, others call it flaws.

2 hours ago, AaronChicago said:

I completely disagree but glad it could be helpful.

The new pocket 4k blows the old one away in terms of dynamic range and color reproduction. Many shots online are just overexposed or lack proper grading.
Btw, your shot looks great. Idc about the slight highlight clipping on the left - since it should be compressed anyway.

Here's a take at your shot. Without any luts. Just a BM Pocket 4K color science to Rec709 CST at the very end after the grading.
A002_10091348_C019_1192507.thumb.jpg.533ad1de060a514b45c9449b7e7798cb.jpg

I wonder how many here would call the RED Gemini with its basically perfect yet completely realistic reproduction a videoish looking camera.
Sensors are getting better. Both RED and BM deliver images without any visible processing with amazing color reproduction and stunning detail with a complete lack of noise - because why not.

3 minutes ago, mercer said:

Wait... I thought the P4K was rated at 12 stops of DR by BM and the OG Pocket is rated at 13... am I missing something?

defo 13 stops mate!

'The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K features 4/3 size sensor, 13 stops of dynamic range and dual native ISO up to 25,600 for HDR images and incredible low light performance.'