Blackmagic to announce new camera related news at 12 noon PDT (8pm London)

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

You are correct that BM traditionally uses NAB for major hardware announcements, however BM actually announced the first URSA mini Pro a month before NAB. 

Seeing as its roughly a month before IBC it’s possible a newer pro version of the P4K could be announced. But I don’t think so. When they announced the first UMPro they first teased with a dark image of the new cam. 

So I’m guessing just firmware updates to the P4K. But here’s to hoping for a surprise.

• Super Members
1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

Keep an eye on the video above today. Blackmagic will live stream "Camera Update" and "Post Production" news later.

Read the full article

On an unrelated note, do you still have that GX80 in pieces as per your Twitter link picture for this article ?

If you do, I've discovered something interesting that you might want to look at if you fancy an external microphone mod for it.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, BTM_Pix said:

On an unrelated note, do you still have that GX80 in pieces as per your Twitter link picture for this article ?

If you do, I've discovered something interesting that you might want to look at if you fancy an external microphone mod for it.

It is still as photographed, except for some of the screws rolling off the table and into my vacuum cleaner

A real adventure taking that apart. I did at least manage to defeat my laziness and put the other one back together.

do you think WEX will mind if I put the other one as-is, in a bag, and return it under their 30 day policy? :)

• Super Members
14 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Do you think WEX will mind if I put the other one as-is, in a bag, and return it under their 30 day policy? :)

Amazon probably would take it back in that state so I'd buy a new one off them, swap the cases and ram in as much of the debris as you can and send it back !

I'll do a new post about that other thing as it might be useful to some brave souls.

1 hour ago, currensheldon said:

Oooooh external recorders that allow you to captures BM Raw on all the raw SDI and HDMI raw (Z6 and maaaaybe S1H) cameras would be awesome. 

Im going to switch to Da Vinci sometime soon anyway and I love BM Raw. 

Yeah, Video-Assist 2.0 with BRAW would be awesome, maybe even with some optional wireless options via HDMI/SDI-Dongle or a Transmitter for their cameras.