Jump to content
Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Shirozina said:

I have C-Fast and V90 cards but I find it easier  just to plug in a 1TB SSD . This is an often overlooked factor when comparing it say to the GH5s which needs V60 and probably to be sure V90 which adds a considerable cost to the camera. 

And for people that run it as a studio camera, they could even just plug it into a large cheap HDD, assuming that it could handle the bitrate.  That would make the setup cheaper again.

All new cameras should have a USB port as a media option :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

On the subject of Sandisk 95mb/s, BMD have this to say:

Please note that we have discovered an issue with the newer revision of the Sandisk Extreme Pro UHS-I SDXC 95 MB/s cards that begin with the product prefix SDSDXXG. 

These cards do not work with the following products:

1. Pocket Cinema Camera 
2. Micro Cinema Camera 
3. Video Assist
4. Video Assist 4K

We believe that these new cards have the V30 rating on them.

Currently, only Sandisk Extreme Pro UHS-I SDXC 95 MB/s cards that begin with the product prefix SDSDXP are compatible.

https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83050

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

On the subject of Sandisk 95mb/s, BMD have this to say:

Please note that we have discovered an issue with the newer revision of the Sandisk Extreme Pro UHS-I SDXC 95 MB/s cards that begin with the product prefix SDSDXXG. 

These cards do not work with the following products:

1. Pocket Cinema Camera 
2. Micro Cinema Camera 
3. Video Assist
4. Video Assist 4K

We believe that these new cards have the V30 rating on them.

Currently, only Sandisk Extreme Pro UHS-I SDXC 95 MB/s cards that begin with the product prefix SDSDXP are compatible.

https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83050

These are older BMD products, they work fine with P4K.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do believe that the samsung T5 issues only isolated to the 500gb or 250 gb models. I have 1Tb and 2Tb versions and never have any problems connecting. The 500 gb I tested on the other hand did established some trouble connecting pre FW6.1 

As we are all aware even in the same line of media the higher capacity normally have higher spec. I suspect this unreliable ssd connection issue coming from the fact that BM should have quoted the specific model in their list instead of the whole line up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, xzobinx said:

I do believe that the samsung T5 issues only isolated to the 500gb or 250 gb models. I have 1Tb and 2Tb versions and never have any problems connecting. The 500 gb I tested on the other hand did established some trouble connecting pre FW6.1 

As we are all aware even in the same line of media the higher capacity normally have higher spec. I suspect this unreliable ssd connection issue coming from the fact that BM should have quoted the specific model in their list instead of the whole line up. 

 Have 1TB and 500GB and haven’t had issues at all. I received my P4K in September. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JordanWright said:

Looks like Blackmagic Raw isn't to far away! Someone from the Blackmagic forum went to a Blackmagic camera masterclass and noticed the P4K was running firmware with Blackmagic Raw installed. 

Screen%20Shot%202019-02-11%20at%207.33.46%20PM.png

WOW! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For everyone that hasn't seen a BMPCC4K freak out, I finally managed to record mine in action. The camera did this several times prior to the firmware upgrade to 6.1. I had hoped that the firmware upgrade would fix the screen glitching problem. Unfortunately, as I was setting up for a shoot the other day, the camera freaked out again with the 6.1 firmware. I managed to grab my phone and record before the camera did anything harmful, like formatting the T5 drive again.

Note that the camera was turned on and not being touched in any way when this started. You can tell when this problem is starting because it is like someone is tapping the screen to change the focus point. It will eventually open the menus and start going crazy, as you can see in this video. This happens with no apparent pattern. It has done it on the last two shoots. But, after restarting the camera, it didn't do it again, despite the camera running one of the days for 5-6 hours straight.

I spoke with BM about it yesterday and I am sending the camera in for repair tomorrow. The problem is apparently uncommon, as the BM tech support person said that he had never heard of it happening before my report. I know that someone on here commented that their camera had also had this problem. I think he said it was a bad digitizer. If your camera does this, contact BM right away.

Good luck everyone!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Turboguard said:

I preordered from Tilta Dec 2nd, haven’t heard a word :(

I ordered Nov 30th so you have to be getting close!

2 hours ago, drm said:

For everyone that hasn't seen a BMPCC4K freak out, I finally managed to record mine in action. The camera did this several times prior to the firmware upgrade to 6.1. I had hoped that the firmware upgrade would fix the screen glitching problem. Unfortunately, as I was setting up for a shoot the other day, the camera freaked out again with the 6.1 firmware. I managed to grab my phone and record before the camera did anything harmful, like formatting the T5 drive again.

Note that the camera was turned on and not being touched in any way when this started. You can tell when this problem is starting because it is like someone is tapping the screen to change the focus point. It will eventually open the menus and start going crazy, as you can see in this video. This happens with no apparent pattern. It has done it on the last two shoots. But, after restarting the camera, it didn't do it again, despite the camera running one of the days for 5-6 hours straight.

I spoke with BM about it yesterday and I am sending the camera in for repair tomorrow. The problem is apparently uncommon, as the BM tech support person said that he had never heard of it happening before my report. I know that someone on here commented that their camera had also had this problem. I think he said it was a bad digitizer. If your camera does this, contact BM right away.

Good luck everyone!

 

Stoked I haven't experienced this! Hope they "resolve" it for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...