Jump to content
Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, jgharding said:

God I hate all this "TACTICAL ASSAULT ARMOUR" bro marketing stuff, I'm sure it's a great product, but Red style MONSTER ENERGY WOOOOOOO HIGH FIVE TRIBAL TATTOS marketing puts me of

yeah all the crap they go on with if they are going to sell it like that, then it should come with a soldier to carry it and the spare batteries you need and maybe a few lenses as well ūüėÄ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, thephoenix said:

got an email, back in stock this week. don't know how many though

Cheers. It is 70-80$ to ship to Canada (to my friend) plus taxes, plus 70-80$ to ship to Europe, plus 24% vat, plus customs! So I have to think about it!

I have read a lot of complaints about the build quality, optical quality must bensufficient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

had it in hands today, yes it is really light

also wondered about the top vents and rain, but i guess they also thought about it

definitively not a perfect camera but hey for that price with a resolve license... it does make the job i think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Turboguard said:

Just took off the beast Sigma 18-35 off of my camera today and Jesus christ how light the body is!! Totally forgot!

Yeah impressive. Especially considering how heavy the BMCC 2.5K used to be and the URSAs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone tested the XLR + Phantom Power? 

I've been using it a lot and keep getting a lot of BrRrrrrRrRRRRRRBBRrBBRRRhhsshhh all over all of my audio. It's actually really anoying and hard to filter out. I've tried 4 different cables, 6 differnt mics and 2 BMD XLR adapters. The garbled noise is on all of them to varying degrees. Strangely, I have found 1 mic, a lav, that doesn't have the sound but does need 48v power. 

I can't get to the bottom of it!

EDIT: Using the same mics and cable into my Zoom does not result in the funky noise - so it must be something on the camera's end of the chain. Fingers crossed it's the type of thing that can be fixed in a software update (doubt it)

EDIT 02: When I use a lav that doesn't need phantom power, the signal is clean and there's no issue... so I just need to use mics that can power themselves... NTG4+ I guess?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

Has anyone tested the XLR + Phantom Power? 

I've been using it a lot and keep getting a lot of BrRrrrrRrRRRRRRBBRrBBRRRhhsshhh all over all of my audio. It's actually really anoying and hard to filter out. I've tried 4 different cables, 6 differnt mics and 2 BMD XLR adapters. The garbled noise is on all of them to varying degrees. Strangely, I have found 1 mic, a lav, that doesn't have the sound but does need 48v power. 

I can't get to the bottom of it!

EDIT: Using the same mics and cable into my Zoom does not result in the funky noise - so it must be something on the camera's end of the chain. Fingers crossed it's the type of thing that can be fixed in a software update (doubt it)

EDIT 02: When I use a lav that doesn't need phantom power, the signal is clean and there's no issue... so I just need to use mics that can power themselves... NTG4+ I guess?

That is really interesting, and alarming at the same time.

I am excited about the mini-XLR, it is a huge minus if it is not usable. 

Anyone else with this dis-function?

Maybe you should ask for a repair, or return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr. Freeze said:

My Smallrig Cage arrived today. Looks and feels really solid.

The Pocket 4k, the Cage, the Viltrox, the Battery and a Nato-Rail on top result in a weight of 1280g. 

With the Sigma 18-35mm (810g) it is around 2090g, really managable with a gimbal or a compact rig.

When did you order? I ordered mine about a month ago and not heard a thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

Has anyone tested the XLR + Phantom Power? 

I've been using it a lot and keep getting a lot of BrRrrrrRrRRRRRRBBRrBBRRRhhsshhh all over all of my audio. It's actually really anoying and hard to filter out. I've tried 4 different cables, 6 differnt mics and 2 BMD XLR adapters. The garbled noise is on all of them to varying degrees. Strangely, I have found 1 mic, a lav, that doesn't have the sound but does need 48v power. 

Ive just done a test on mine using a Rode NTG3. Yep, with phantom power, there is a slight noise as you describe. Not really audible at 50% level but definitely audible at 90% level.

Hmmmm, not ideal!

 

Basic, but nice little comparison of the P4K to the UMP : https://youtu.be/EmuDLGCm7As

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scott_W said:

When did you order? I ordered mine about a month ago and not heard a thing. 

Yeah I ordered mine with paypal checkout october the 3rd, I received a paypal invoice but no order confirmation or tracking number yet.
Is it a normal process from smallrig?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, A_Urquhart said:

Ive just done a test on mine using a Rode NTG3. Yep, with phantom power, there is a slight noise as you describe. Not really audible at 50% level but definitely audible at 90% level.

Hmmmm, not ideal!

 

Basic, but nice little comparison of the P4K to the UMP : https://youtu.be/EmuDLGCm7As

We/I pay thousands of $$ for my sound equipment, "a slight noise" is too much for pro sound.

So, either the XLR and phantom power circuitry is of very bad quality, or there is something wrong with the sound chain. 

I am waiting for a statement and a response from BM for the issue (obviously not right away, or here, but as the cameras increase in the wild, they have address it).

If other P4K owners can comment, please do. If is 2 so far!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kisaha said:

We/I pay thousands of $$ for my sound equipment, "a slight noise" is too much for pro sound.

So, either the XLR and phantom power circuitry is of very bad quality, or there is something wrong with the sound chain. 

I am waiting for a statement and a response from BM for the issue (obviously not right away, or here, but as the cameras increase in the wild, they have address it).

If other P4K owners can comment, please do. If is 2 so far!

Yep, the slight noise is too much for me too. The P4K is a B Camera for me so I rarely need anything more than scratch audio from it but I too will be getting in touch with BMD about the issue. Not really good enough as you say.

Just out of interest, have you tried testing it while the camera is powered from the mains?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

Has anyone tested the XLR + Phantom Power? 

I've been using it a lot and keep getting a lot of BrRrrrrRrRRRRRRBBRrBBRRRhhsshhh all over all of my audio. It's actually really anoying and hard to filter out. I've tried 4 different cables, 6 differnt mics and 2 BMD XLR adapters. The garbled noise is on all of them to varying degrees. Strangely, I have found 1 mic, a lav, that doesn't have the sound but does need 48v power. 

I can't get to the bottom of it!

EDIT: Using the same mics and cable into my Zoom does not result in the funky noise - so it must be something on the camera's end of the chain. Fingers crossed it's the type of thing that can be fixed in a software update (doubt it)

EDIT 02: When I use a lav that doesn't need phantom power, the signal is clean and there's no issue... so I just need to use mics that can power themselves... NTG4+ I guess?

 

2 hours ago, Kisaha said:

We/I pay thousands of $$ for my sound equipment, "a slight noise" is too much for pro sound.

So, either the XLR and phantom power circuitry is of very bad quality, or there is something wrong with the sound chain. 

I am waiting for a statement and a response from BM for the issue (obviously not right away, or here, but as the cameras increase in the wild, they have address it).

If other P4K owners can comment, please do. If is 2 so far!

 

Well, to be honest seems to me the most simple alternative is to use microphones without phantom power or use a small mixer to provide that... Don't expect anything else ; -)

https://www.dragonimage.com.au/saramonic-smartrig-2-channel-xlr-microphone-audio-mixer.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's like buying a laptop, but the keyboard doesn't work and instead of trying to fix it with the manufacturer, you just carry around an external keyboard with you.

Yes it'll work, but it it's far from ideal when you bought it as an all in one solution. If I'm recording externally, I could just as well use an GX80.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...