Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

40 minutes ago, Álex Montoya said:

So the Pocket 4K fares 11.6 stops @iso400 by Cinema 5D's strict methodology, almost half a stop more than the old Pocket. That's pretty awesome.

Where did this come from?  They tested the original Pocket tested at around 12.5, which was consistent with other third party results, and the P4K hasn't been tested at all.  Or has it?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 minutes ago, TurboRat said:

I don't know why, but shots from the og pocket looks better vs some of the P4K stuff online and other current cameras

That's because there's a whole lot more of it. More people have (or had) it than the new one, and they've been using it for quite a few years longer. 

Screenshot 2018-10-29 at 20.55.08.png

Screenshot 2018-10-29 at 20.55.18.png

'The Camera Cage for Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K features a completely customizable, modular design. Fill out your camera cage as you see fit. An optional right side handle features a small finger wheel that can allow you to control the upcoming Nucleus Nano motor and also features an SSD card holder as well as a battery compartment for Sony F970 batteries to allow you to extend the battery life of your camera. More info and pre-order available soon.'

18 minutes ago, JordanWright said:

'The Camera Cage for Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K features a completely customizable, modular design. Fill out your camera cage as you see fit. An optional right side handle features a small finger wheel that can allow you to control the upcoming Nucleus Nano motor and also features an SSD card holder as well as a battery compartment for Sony F970 batteries to allow you to extend the battery life of your camera. More info and pre-order available soon.'

This looks promising...

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, JordanWright said:

That looks excellent.

I thought I'd quote the post again right under to make people scroll through 6 huge images instead of 2.

1 hour ago, tonysss said:

OT Pocket has 12,5 ,  it's about 1 stop more ?

Watch the video.  They rate the original BMPCC at 11.2 and the BMPCC 4K at 11.6.  They appear to be using the lower more conservative set of values (SNR=.5) in the chart reproduced above.

In any event, they state plainly that by their measurements, the P4K has more dynamic range.  This is consistent with what most shooters, including this one, have discovered.  

• Administrators
1 hour ago, JordanWright said:

I agree! Here are those pictures AGAIN! Maybe we can reach page 400 sooner than we think!

• Super Members
1 hour ago, Shirozina said:

DR advantages are only useful if you can expose the footage accurately enough to exploit it and exp controls on the P4k are pretty basic (Even the GH5 has a waveform). I'd like to see an RGB parade display on the P4k.....

I agree that it would be nice to have additional tools but I have to say that I think that with Pocket 4K having false colour available (especially on a hardware switch) it will get a lot of people, myself included, closer to where they want the exposure to be a lot quicker.

The very quick contextual overview it gives you works better - for me at least - than a waveform so I'm going to say that from a purely selfish point of view, BM chose the right option for the initial release ;)