Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 10/28/2018 at 4:04 AM, wyrlyn said:

anyone would recommend a cheap (under 50 usd) external monitor that has small screen (around 3.5 inch)? i would use it for screen tilting only.

Under $50 is crazy too low! (unless you go DIY like @BTM_Pix and others have done)

As it is, I'm already astonished just how very very very low prices of monitors have fallen in recent years! 

Personally I'm liking my Lilliput A5 monitor quite a lot, it is a 5" monitor for only US$150

I want to buy a stabilized travel zoom lens for P4K (that also fits on my Canon 700D).

Dou you guys think the Tamron 16-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD MACRO lens + Viltrox Viltrox EF M2 0.71x would be a good combination (no vignette, etc) for P4K?

If I am right I should get around 12-200mm 2.4-4.4 with the speedbooster attached.

• Super Members
9 minutes ago, wyrlyn said:

I want to buy a stabilized travel zoom lens for P4K (that also fits on my Canon 700D).

Dou you guys think the Tamron 16-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD MACRO lens + Viltrox Viltrox EF M2 0.71x would be a good combination (no vignette, etc) for P4K?

If I am right I should get around 12-200mm 2.4-4.4 with the speedbooster attached.

You should probably cue the X files music in the background because I have literally just bought a used one of these lenses about an hour ago as a general purpose lens for a few different cameras and put it on the BM4K!

20181031_153400.thumb.jpg.a34bc9cea0f3cc32a28f3c7628cb9346.jpg

My live report from the scene is no vignette, reports f2.5 on the short end and f4 on the long end. VC works and is surprisingly effective at the long end.

No AF though either one shot or touch.

14 hours ago, Stefan Antonescu said:

I cannot tell you how much I'm looking forward to seeing this. I absolutely love a 80s film look. What lenses did you use ?

It’s actually a music video for the Plain White T’s. I used the Pocket 4k and RED Gemini. Lenses were Canon FD primes, and Sigma 18-35.

On 10/27/2018 at 5:04 PM, wyrlyn said:

anyone would recommend a cheap (under 50 usd) external monitor that has small screen (around 3.5 inch)? i would use it for screen tilting only.

Cinemartin has a 5 inch for 95 EUR +38EUR shipping. Not sure about the quality though, I couldn't find any review.

On 10/29/2018 at 3:04 AM, Jocelyn Deguise said:

This guy is a genius: he actually FIGURED OUT that 4096 pixels are more than 3840 pixels !

To be fair, that is an above average level of discussion about the BMPCC4K than we've sometimes seen recently.

6 hours ago, Stefan Antonescu said:

Looks really good, love the vintage feel.

Out of curiosity, why did you choose to shoot with the Pocket 4K and Gemini instead of just one camera ? More coverage?

I used the Ronin S for quite a few shots w/ the pocket 4K. I also planned on using it for a car mount but ended up using the Gemini with that.

Not sure if it has been posted previously, but there is currently a small discount on offer from B&H (until Nov 3rd) and Amazon for the Samsung T5 in 500GB and 1TB sized versions. If anyone is interested in possibly using them with the Pocket4K here are some links.

Samsung T5 SSD 500GB - $107.99 (w/ discount)

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1346577-REG/samsung_mu_pa500b_am_t5_500gb_portable_ssd.html

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-T5-Portable-SSD-MU-PA500B/dp/B073GZBT36?th=1

Samsung T5 SSD 1TB - $227.99 (w/ discount)
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1346575-REG/samsung_mu_pa1t0b_am_t5_1tb_portable_ssd.html

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-T5-Portable-SSD-MU-PATB/dp/B073H552FJ?th=1

On 10/28/2018 at 6:00 PM, BTM_Pix said:

Sorry, your other posts didn't appear on my view (possibly as you are a new member I think so there is a delay)

I've just had a look at both sites and its doing the same in terms of emptying the cart when you try to check out whether its the lens regain or ND version.

However, on a hunch, on the European one I added one of their Amaran lights first, then added the ND (which is the only one in stock), then removed the light from the cart and it retained the ND in the cart when I went to the checkout as you can see here 

87810529_ScreenShot2018-10-28at17_56_11.thumb.png.7b2fdbb2db5a34a70a9debe939a94041.png

Try that in the US store as it might be worth a go.

Other than that, try the contact page and message them about whats going on as it might just be a weird glitch (which it seems it could be judging by my basket trick).

manage to order this morning.

at this price it is worth the try

• Super Members

Bit of a strange one today...

Shot 10 clips in 120fps HD mode that when I came to review them later on in the camera didn't actually appear.

Selecting next clip in playback menu just bypassed all 10 of them and went to the next clip that it found that wasn't 120fps.

Checking the Cfast card and they are all there in their correct folders but the camera just doesn't want to play them.

Thinking this might be an undocumented "feature" that wasn't in the manual, I had a scout around and couldn't see anyone having reported or commented on something like this.

So I've just shot another 120fps clip and lo and behold this one plays back in the camera but the other ones still don't.

Very strange.

Anyone else had anything like this ?