Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

24 minutes ago, greenscreen said:

you defend the camera as banal as barking dogs

Not really sure what you mean by this. 

Yes, I like the camera because i knew exactly what it was going to be and it has lived up to that expectation. I'm not going to hate on it because it doesn't have a tilting screen because i knew it wasn't going to have one. I'm also not going to hate on it because it doesn't have continuous AF or  IBIS because A: I don't need those features and B: I knew the camera was never going to have those features. I defend the camera against unrealistic people just because I am interested in the conversation relating to the camera and am quite dumb founded that people would find the need to get on a thread about a camera they do not want and does not meet their needs and start arguing about it. 

It's like me getting on the Sony A7III thread and ranting and raving about the fact that it doesn't do RAW or 10bit. Just sillyness!

I'm trying to give people some perspective but people just want to bang on about why it doesn't have feature A or B that a mirrorless camera does have.

One of my many faults is that I have low tolerance for stupidity, and there has been so much silly talk here that I felt the need to get involved. I mean, why the hell is Resolve not free? Why is Blackmagic not giving away it's products? Seriously. Can we talk about something constructive!

I wonder if Emanuel or Dbounce works for Sony or Panasonic as they are constantly on here bashing the Pocket for not being what it was never intended to be. Why are they so intent on bashing a camera they have not interest in? Andrew has been very vocal about the X-T3 and despite years of interest in RAW, now thinks the X-T3 is the ducks nuts, does he now work for Fuji?

So much ridiculousness....it's quite staggering.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
10 minutes ago, A_Urquhart said:

Yes, I like the camera because i knew exactly what it was going to be and it has lived up to that expectation. I'm not going to hate on it because it doesn't have a tilting screen because i knew it wasn't going to have one. I'm also not going to hate on it because it doesn't have continuous AF or  IBIS because A: I don't need those features and B: I knew the camera was never going to have those features. I defend the camera against unrealistic people just because I am interested in the conversation relating to the camera and am quite dumb founded that people would find the need to get on a thread about a camera they do not want and does not meet their needs and start arguing about it. 

It's like me getting on the Sony A7III thread and ranting and raving about the fact that it doesn't do RAW or 10bit. Just sillyness!

I'm trying to give people some perspective but people just want to bang on about why it doesn't have feature A or B that a mirrorless camera does have. 

I wonder if Emanuel or Dbounce works for Sony or Panasonic as they are constantly on here bashing the Pocket for not being what it was never intended to be. Why are they so intent on bashing a camera they have not interest in? Andrew has been very vocal about the X-T3 and despite years of interest in RAW, now thinks the X-T3 is the ducks nuts, does he now work for Fuji?

Really? Emanuel is praising the camera. I follow his posts.

3 minutes ago, shooter said:

I don't remember to read anything suspicious from Emanuel and DBounce. I wouldn't say the same about you Mr. A. and others. This thread sells cameras. You closed the door to Mr. Reid.

Haha, yep, me, Mr Blackmagic......I closed the door!?. 

Despite the high viewing numbers of this thread, it's the same old people here commenting. I really doubt BMD needs this thread or Mr Reid to sell any of it's cameras.......the cameras have sold on their own without Andrew even getting a camera!

Good luck folks, hope Santa visits you this December. Be good!

9 minutes ago, A_Urquhart said:

Haha, yep, me, Mr Blackmagic......I closed the door!?. 

Despite the high viewing numbers of this thread, it's the same old people here commenting. I really doubt BMD needs this thread or Mr Reid to sell any of it's cameras.......the cameras have sold on their own without Andrew even getting a camera!

Good luck folks, hope Santa visits you this December. Be good!

Why are you always editing your posts so committed? Who pays such love after all?

9 minutes ago, shooter said:

Why are you always editing your posts so committed? Who pays such love after all?

I enjoy conversation, for the most part and when constructive, but am trigger happy on the Submit reply button, then I read what I have read and it usually needs editing.....plus I'm on holidays at the moment and home alone so have too much time on my hands.

Oooops, I did it again ?

36 minutes ago, A_Urquhart said:

One of my many faults is that I have low tolerance for stupidity, and there has been so much silly talk here that I felt the need to get involved. I mean, why the hell is Resolve not free? Why is Blackmagic not giving away it's products? Seriously. Can we talk about something constructive!

Agreed...This thread has descended into complaining and cry baby whining.

5 minutes ago, jagnje said:

How do you reckon they sell thousands of cameras with this thread? :) and maybe the send free cameras to people they think are relevant, not who you think is.

Common sense. Lack of common sense isn't good for me as customer. You all look like to be part of a sect. Like they are God or something. They didn't send a camera to Andrew Reid, they should know why. How old are you? They're arrogant. Another viewpoint. You think it isn't relevant, what are you doing here?

23 minutes ago, shooter said:

Common sense. Lack of common sense isn't good for me as customer. You all look like to be part of a sect. Like they are God or something. They didn't send a camera to Andrew Reid, they should know why. How old are you? They're arrogant. Another viewpoint. You think it isn't relevant, what are you doing here?

I’ve done commercials with BMD cameras and Software that A LOT of people have seen, a lot more people than the people writing and viewing this thread, did I get a free camera? Can we put this shit behind us?

28 minutes ago, TurboRat said:

Hi guys,  how much do you think will it take to outfit a P4K including SSD and batteries? Will P4K + SSD + additional batteries exceed $2000+?

I have P4K, T5 and 5 LPE6 at the moment. Probably rounded up to say 1800

• Super Members

Guys, @shooter and @greenscreen are obviously trolls in this thread. Andrew recently did a post about companies sending in people to the forum, it definitely could be these two he means.

I suggest not feediing them for a while and we will see what happens.Bots and paid trolls are usually an impatient bunch.

1 hour ago, Turboguard said:

I have P4K, T5 and 5 LPE6 at the moment. Probably rounded up to say 1800

That's a great price for that kind of camera. I bought a used GH5s body from a friend for 1750 and I'm quite happy with the price. But a P4K + accessories for that price is really competitive.

I am upset there is no pop up flash. For a camera that has stills capability this is a bad decision for a camera at this price point and will put off many buyers. They have not included an EVF to make it more familiar to people who transition from a mobile phone but why then do they not make it go in a pocket like a mobile phone but then lie to everyone and say it's a pocket camera? It's easy for them to give away software as it doesn't cost anything to make and doesn't add any weight to the camera but why do I need software to use this camera when other cameras work fine without it? Also there is no lens with the camera so that is an extra item you will have to buy and I don't see this mentioned in any of the videos. If BM don't make lenses then they shouldn't be selling cameras to people as this is like selling a car to someone without wheels. It seems BM do not care about customers who haven't got a clue.